blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  It's Time We had an *Official NHL Betting and Discussion Thread*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's Time We had an *Official NHL Betting and Discussion Thread*  (Read 12122 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »

I love the NHL especially the Toronto Maple Leafs who fellow afficionados will know have not won the Stanley Cup since 1967.

This year they have a decent chance of having a proper tilt at winning it all. Mike Babcock is one of the best coaches in the game and in his third season at Toronto has built a team boasting a great deal of attacking flair, and this is reflected by their position in the standings after 30-odd games - 2nd place behind clear leaders Tampa Bay.

I've been watching a lot of games this season and have been betting a few too, so I'll be posting all of my bets on here in due course.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 01:40:47 PM »

Lovely. I, too, am a massive NHL fan. Have followed the New Jersey Devils since 2000, which feels like starting supporting Liverpool in 1987.

I've been in a very deep dynasty league since 2006. 15 teams, 28 man rosters, 28 man farms. One of the fellow league member is Dave Dubynk, brother of Minnesota Wild goaltender Devan.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 07:18:42 PM »

I'm liking Boston's chances of turning over the 'Canes in the 10pm pd @10/11- they looked very good last night with Bergeron back in a tough game with Nashville.

It's possible that Bergeron doesn't start b-t-b games after his layoff but the shortening price suggests he will, and with Rast as backup goalie they look like a solid one point win bet.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 07:28:11 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:22:10 PM »

I'm having a one point win double this evening on Buffalo@StLouis 6/5 and Boston 4/9(at home to Ollie's lot but with Halak back in goal).

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 11:59:12 PM »

On!
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 02:03:15 AM »

Not going well! Enjoyed sweating a new sport though.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 02:21:46 AM »

Not going well! Enjoyed sweating a new sport though.

Enjoying even less now these are losing convincingly. Weird game this, so many saves.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 11:04:47 PM »

Saw this new thread, and although my knowledge of the current playing rosters is somewhat limited, I thought I'd add my support and give a brief history of my love-affair with the game.

Hockey is such a great game. In my view it's gone along way to shed the "Slapshot" (a must see film for all hockey fans) image and become more the game of immense skill that's always been present, but perhaps not always the primary focus of attention. Unlike so many sports, though, you can often only see the skill moments in the TV replays, such is the speed of the game IRL.

Having spent a number of years living in Vancouver, they've always been my primary team (my father was a Leafs fan). Was living there in 1982 when they were crushed in their very first appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals by the NY Islanders, who were a magnificent team of that era; the whole series swung on a giveaway pass to the Islanders hottest forward in front of goal, in the first overtime period in the very first game. The Canucks never recovered, and iirc it was a clean sweep. Quite an amazing feeling around the whole city at the time; much like when England make it to the QF/SF of the Euros/WC. They've made it to two further Stanley Cups but lost both series - most shamefully to the Boston Bruins in 2011 when after the Game 7 defeat in Vancouver there was unprovoked rioting in the streets.

More recently, I was in Vegas last April when the Golden Knights were on their own Stanley Cup run. A friend and I found a cool bar in Downtown LV, and watched a game in the first playoff round, and we were hooked as fans of the new franchise. Of course it was impossible to get tickets (at a reasonable price), so we had to make do with watching games on the screens in various poker rooms & bars. I stuck a bet on when they were c.12's and it was a great little sweat.

Finally, in a shameless brag, we fly out on 2nd January having bought tickets for the Golden Knights v Sharks game on Sunday 6th. What a game it should be, too. Both currently sitting in Playoff positions, the game will be a veritable 4-pointer. I really hope it goes into OT.

Best of luck with your bets.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »

I forgot to post earlier so this may seem a little  aftertiming but I had an early 1pt treble on New Jersey(10/11), Washington(4/5), and Pittsburgh(5/4).

NJ are currently winning 2-0, Caps are tied 3-3, and will probably go in again on the Pens if my treble is dead.

Buffalo v NYI is an interesting game too but not decided whether to play or not - will aftertime later Smiley

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 08:27:30 PM »

I'm having a rethink about how to post the bets on here and from now on it'll just be single selections and i'll keep my muggy doubles and trebles private Wink

This evening's selections are 1pt each:

Buffalo 4/5

Pittsburgh 6/5

Full programme of NHL this evening for fellow afficionados/sad bastards.

HNY

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 08:31:01 PM »

Karabiner, I really dont care either way so please don’t take it the wrong way, im a losing punter myself (non poker wise) other than darts were I make chunks every year and watch every tournament possible.

How much do you know the NHL? Do you make money betting it or do you just love the game and bet on it? Its not a tipping thread so doesn’t matter I’m just interested whether you have an edge or are just having fun. Helps me know how much to follow and how much just to enjoy watching.

K thnx bye
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:34:19 PM by Killerkilsby » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »

Karabiner, I really dont care either way so please don’t take it the wrong way, im a losing punter myself (non poker wise) other than darts were I make chunks every year and watch every tournament possible.

How much do you know the NHL? Do you make money betting it or do you just love the game and bet on it? Its not a tipping thread so doesn’t matter I’m just interested whether you have an edge or are just having fun. Helps me know how much to follow and how much just to enjoy watching.

K thnx bye

I love the NHL and enjoy betting on it now that I have the chance to watch plenty of games. I lived in Canada for 6/7 years many moons ago.

I've been watching a lot this season since I've had IPTV and my bets are based on my observation/opinion of current form trends and some basic stats.

This is the first time I've been able to give it a lot of my time so it's a moot point as to whether I'll be profitable, but I think I will be, certainly @best price in singles.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 09:58:37 PM »

I actually like the Islanders against the Sabres tonight personally. Barzal heating right up, and very streaky, plus Lehner coming off a shutout so clearly seeing the puck well.

I also like a couple of totals. I like the Wild/Pens to go under 6. The Wild are pretty stingy at home, and DeSmith has been way better than Murray in nets for Pitts.

I like the Canes/Flyers to go over 6. Carter Hart is highly touted but he's been thrown in a bit earlier for my liking and the Carolina is a way better offensive team than defensively so Giroux and co should be able to put up a couple to see it go over.

Happy new year!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 10:26:51 AM »

Rinswun you nailed it!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 11:01:13 AM »

Eichel getting injured and only playing a few shifts didn't help the Sabres cause.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: