blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  It's Time We had an *Official NHL Betting and Discussion Thread*
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's Time We had an *Official NHL Betting and Discussion Thread*  (Read 11995 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 12:47:43 PM »

Rinswun you nailed it!

Sadly, I didn't quite get the over on PHI/CAR. Line of thought was right as Hart got taken out of the game by his coach with than half played. Unfortunately, his replacement came in and played really well so we didn't quite get there.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 06:02:15 PM »

Despite the Leafs playing a 3rd-string goalie that I had never heard of due to injury and concussion protocol, to Anderson and Sparks respectively, the 9/5 Leafs-1.5 looked too good to turn down and one point has been invested. I'm not quite sure how they can be 8/13 to win and 9/5 to win by two or more!

Toronto -1.5 1pt win.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 07:15:31 PM »

*Bok Risk Alert*

Not a bad start as Toronto takes the lead after seven seconds...

Go Leafs Go!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »

Despite the Leafs playing a 3rd-string goalie that I had never heard of due to injury and concussion protocol, to Anderson and Sparks respectively, the 9/5 Leafs-1.5 looked too good to turn down and one point has been invested. I'm not quite sure how they can be 8/13 to win and 9/5 to win by two or more!

Toronto -1.5 1pt win.

The overtime effect of it finishing a draw then being able to win by only 1 is why the odds are that way.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 08:08:36 PM »

Toronto -1.5 1pt win.

The overtime effect of it finishing a draw then being able to win by only 1 is why the odds are that way.

Good point.

Meanwhile the 3rd-string goalie is playing a blinder with Toronto having been outshot in the 1st period by 20-10 but still leading by 2-1.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:33 PM »

Hutchinson was actually a servicable back-up with the Jets a couple of seasons ago. Not a bad third stringer to have. The Leafs really do have a strong team this year. Marner and Tavares are different class.

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 09:19:51 PM »

I like in-form Pittsburgh this evening at home to in-form Winnipeg in what should on paper be a very good game to watch.

1pt win Pittburgh Pens @4/5*

*All win bets are moneyline(including overtime) unless stated otherwise.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 08:27:15 PM »

I love the Leafs but they are definitely off the pace currently with a few key injuries, Matthews misfiring and rejigged offensive lines since some bloke who looks like Nylander's return and the loss of Hyman and to a lesser extent Ennis; as previously mentioned we are down to a 3rd-string goalie recently acquired in a trade for a 5th-round pick next year.

Cutting to the chase I can't have Vancouver as 5/2 shots.

1pt win Vancouver Canucks @5/2
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:44:56 PM by Karabiner » Logged

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 10:49:15 PM »

Good shout with the Pens yesterday Ralph. Easy win that.

Elias Petterson still out for the Canucks tonight? Think that is a big factor in the price.

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 11:49:09 PM »

Good shout with the Pens yesterday Ralph. Easy win that.

Elias Petterson still out for the Canucks tonight? Think that is a big factor in the price.

Cheers Ollie should have gone for the -1.5

I'm pretty sure Petterson's out but still don't have a lot of faith in the Leafs who were completely dominated by the Wild the other day.

Anyhow it's kind of win/win when you bet against your guys.

Tricky card this evening in NHL - do you have any fancies?

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 01:06:50 AM »

To be honest, I didn’t have much of a look. Golf, NFL and top 14 rugby was the punting priority this evening.

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 06:13:07 PM »

Ottawa are not that bad at home(11-8-4) despite being bottom of the table and Carolina are no great shakes on the road(7-10-1).

Pretty bare stats I know but enough to make me take the 2.66 on a home dog.

1pt win Ottowa Senators @2.66

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 06:26:35 PM »

The bet I like tonight is the Stars to beat the Jets at 7/5. The Stars have been much improved since Klingberg returned from injury and his return seems to have sparked Tyler Seguin into some form (plus maybe the owner calling him out). The Jets are now without Nik Ehlers due to injury and their secondary scoring is ice cold (Kyle Connor has his a sophomore slump in a massive way). Struggling without big Buffy on the blue line too.

Stars took the first meeting of the season 5-1 and I think this is a good matchup for them even as visitors.

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 07:18:31 PM »

Hogberg having a pig of a game so far having thrown a couple in already.

I've jumped on the Stars with you 1pt @6/4

Got any live bets on this evening's golf Ollie? I have a couple of slim and very slim squeaks with Schauffele and JT.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 07:31:51 PM »

I actually didn’t back anyone outright this week. Looked well priced up, thought would go well and if he were a point bigger I probably would have backed him each way. Leishman was the other one I came closest to backing, think he’ll have a big year.

I did have three matchbets though, so sweating them:

Leishman > Casey (1.9)
Reed > DeChambeau (2.12)
Snedeker > Kuchar (2.16)

Hopefully get the 1st and 3rd home as the middle one looks dead.

You got anything running?

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: