blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:16:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Omaha vs Hold'em.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Omaha vs Hold'em.  (Read 2163 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »

I hope this question makes sense.

Would you say that the correct play in Omaha is less opponent dependant than it is in Hold'em?

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:39:35 PM »

Would you say that the correct play in Omaha is less opponent dependant than it is in Hold'em?

No.   I think there is more variety in the way people play omaha than hold em, so opponent tendencies must be more relevant?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »

No.   I think there is more variety in the way people play omaha than hold em, so opponent tendencies must be more relevant?

Agreed.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 05:51:51 PM »

I agree with this a huge amount. People in general PLO play in a far more unbalanced style than those in NLHE, even the inexperienced players. The game of course lends itself to that with the fact that hand ranges mean board texture changes are far more important than they are in NLHE. I think the clearest case is value betting, value betting sizes/ranges in PLO don't vary a huge amount vs differing players, in NLH its huge.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule, they are some people you will happily fold second set to in PLO vs a raise but overall I NLHE has much more room to adjust.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 06:52:41 PM »

I agree with this a huge amount. People in general PLO play in a far more unbalanced style than those in NLHE, even the inexperienced players. The game of course lends itself to that with the fact that hand ranges mean board texture changes are far more important than they are in NLHE. I think the clearest case is value betting, value betting sizes/ranges in PLO don't vary a huge amount vs differing players, in NLH its huge.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule, they are some people you will happily fold second set to in PLO vs a raise but overall I NLHE has much more room to adjust.

This is what I was thinking but I couldn't have explained it nearly so well.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: