blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 59398 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: April 16, 2019, 07:52:59 PM »

But you're totally cool with taking what you read in the paper as absolute truth and only allowing our justice system to work for people you like?

Well I posted that The Telegraph was reporting a new development and didn't really pass much comment on the validity of that new development.

Rather I posed a question asking what others thought about the new development.

So to answer your question...I'm not totally cool with taking what I read in the paper as absolute truth and only allowing our justice system to work for people like me.

Hope that helps.

What I do think is that Brits who fly to Syria in wartime, join a heinous terror group and shrug off heads rolling around the back garden will probably provoke a shocking reaction from honest law-abiding British citizens.

What about Brits that haven't done it, but are accused of it?

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 16, 2019, 08:02:40 PM »

Human beings got to grips with this stuff ~ 804 years ago, it seems we’ve taken a backward step.

If you took cookies out the jar as a child knowing that was wrong your mum would scold you

Even if a dog shit on the carpet the owner would say NO! BAD DOG! with some semblance of authority

That's what humans have been doing for eternity

A calm reaction being offered to this situation, accepting that joining a murderous terror group is just an error is a weak message to send out to others thinking of similar conduct.

I wouldn't buy a dog or you will sustain one shit shower of a carpet mate. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2019, 08:04:52 PM »

What terrified me was British girl shrugging off severed heads rolling around in the back yard.

Pretty sure the folk moaning about fair trials etc, are the same that moan about austerity and our Government clamping down in all the wrong areas........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 16, 2019, 08:07:19 PM »

But you're totally cool with taking what you read in the paper as absolute truth and only allowing our justice system to work for people you like?

Well I posted that The Telegraph was reporting a new development and didn't really pass much comment on the validity of that new development.

So to answer your question...I'm not totally cool with taking what I read in the paper as absolute truth and only allowing our justice system to work for people like me.

Hope that helps.

What I do think is that Brits who fly to Syria in wartime, join a heinous terror group and shrug off heads rolling around the back garden will probably provoke a shocking reaction from honest law-abiding British citizens.

Well thankfully just travelling is set to be a crime so kinda difficult to be accused but innocent of entering a country when you have in fact entered a country.

However, if innocent parties are accused I wouldn't recommend their rhetoric includes how chilled they are about severed heads.  

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 16, 2019, 08:17:58 PM »

Human beings got to grips with this stuff ~ 804 years ago, it seems we’ve taken a backward step.

If you took cookies out the jar as a child knowing that was wrong your mum would scold you

Even if a dog shit on the carpet the owner would say NO! BAD DOG! with some semblance of authority

A calm reaction being offered to this situation, accepting that joining a murderous terror group is just an error is a weak message to send out to others thinking of similar conduct.

OK, I was trying to point you in the direction of the Magna Carta.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2019, 08:29:39 PM »

folk moaning about fair trials etc,

You win. I can't compete with statements like that.

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 16, 2019, 09:20:04 PM »

I'm a bit of a history buff mate and as far as I recall King John was jokes and everybody broke the magna carta before the ink was dry

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 16, 2019, 09:30:53 PM »

I'm a bit of a history buff mate and as far as I recall King John was jokes and everybody broke the magna carta before the ink was dry

and yet there was a part about the importance of everyone having a right to an unbiased trial, overseen by a professional judge that seemed to go down well and has been a cornerstone of the judicial system in western civilisation for a very long time.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 16, 2019, 09:41:59 PM »

folk moaning about fair trials etc,

You win. I can't compete with statements like that.

Still, you missed the bit about the austerity, so I guess I was onto something! Wink

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 16, 2019, 10:35:53 PM »

and yet there was a part about the importance of everyone having a right to an unbiased trial, overseen by a professional judge that seemed to go down well and has been a cornerstone of the judicial system in western civilisation for a very long time.

Just like a lot of your stuff it’s only a theoretical notion. In reality history post Magna Carta is jam-packed with the complete opposite of the above.

Virtually every monarch oversaw a system of biased trials overseen by corrupt judges who produced the desired predetermined result.

Kinda why I resist the fairytales and rainbows rhetoric of liberals.

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2019, 02:17:12 AM »

Just like a lot of your stuff it’s only a theoretical notion. In reality history post Magna Carta is jam-packed with the complete opposite of the above.

Virtually every monarch oversaw a system of biased trials overseen by corrupt judges who produced the desired predetermined result.

So we shouldn't fight for a strong justice system just because it hasn't properly existed yet? Your arguments baffle me, and remind me why I don't participate in these threads :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 17, 2019, 03:01:06 AM »

Hope that helps.

But why are they accused of it? If you don't build the fire there won't be any smoke.

Certainly don't tell the entire world you are going there to assist ISIS and then expect my support later when it all goes tits up.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2019, 06:47:24 AM »

A right to a fair trial isn’t ‘only a theoretical notion’* we could look at actual cases and statutes (there are many thousands) to show this, many (throughout recent history) even make direct reference to the MC. You’re saying that we shouldn’t aspire to a just system because other people have got it wrong subsequently (since 1215)?

The right to a fair trial is not “fairytales and rainbows”. In spite of some people being keen to get rid of it (Jeremy Hunt/Sajid Javid/BigAdz/4KS) for example) it’s not going any where.

It’s probably worth noting that it’s highly unlikely Hunt/Javid thought it was a sensible/legal thing to do but people (government) will do some crazy things when the desperation to keep the Mail/Express/Sun/Telegraph brigade on side becomes a primary driver.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 17, 2019, 06:53:55 AM »

What terrified me was British girl shrugging off severed heads rolling around in the back yard.

Pretty sure the folk moaning about fair trials etc, are the same that moan about austerity and our Government clamping down in all the wrong areas........

I’m trying to figure out what you mean. You’re saying you’ve identified a link between people who support human rights and people who disapprove of government policy that punishes (often kills as discussed extensively itt) the poor and vulnerable while favouring the very wealthiest? I hope you weren’t working on that for long, it’s not exactly Sherlock Holmes.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 17, 2019, 07:19:43 AM »

I’m trying to figure out what you mean. You’re saying you’ve identified a link between people who support human rights and people who disapprove of government policy that punishes (often kills as discussed extensively itt) the poor and vulnerable while favouring the very wealthiest? I hope you weren’t working on that for long, it’s not exactly Sherlock Holmes.

You know exactly what I mean, but as ever, your efforts to try and prove yourself,smarter(probably), funnier( not a chance), and more compassionate(misplaced) override everything.

I am all for fair trials, but not for wasting money when the evidence is clear cut and for all to see.

Man filmed running kid over on crossing. Sounds pretty cut and dry. Could be a multitude of reasons. Give him a fair trial. Correct.

Girl who openly tells the world she wants to leave the country because she hates it and believes in the cause of terrorism, then wants to come home, and in interviews isn't sorry for what she saw and was involved with, is a no brained.

It's a waste of money that can be used to bridge the austerity gap. Deep down, you know it, but have to twist it round to try and wriggle out of it because you know I'm right.

Let's deprive some kid of his cancer treatment so we can waste tens of thousands on a trial we all know is wrong and the outcome obvious.

Nice ethics KKK

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: