blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:15:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 59330 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2019, 12:16:16 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

In an interview with the Times, Shamima Begum, now 19, talked about seeing "beheaded heads" in bins - but said that it "did not faze her".

Tell her we will take the baby into care if she wants but she can piss off IMO.

The older I get, the better I was.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 12:34:02 PM »

In an interview with the Times, Shamima Begum, now 19, talked about seeing "beheaded heads" in bins - but said that it "did not faze her".

+1
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:42 PM »

She's just a youngster, most youngsters make silly mistakes sometimes.

Forgiveness & welcome home is in order IMO.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 12:51:27 PM »

Didn't two of her own children die of malnutrition and she's pregnant with a 3rd child and

she said I want to come home so my child will be looked after ?

A bit late for that thought.

She's made her bed.....
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 12:53:02 PM »

Wouldn't call being a terrorist a silly mistake.  She can GTFO.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »

She would love to stay and slaughter more people if only it was like the good old days in 2015. No regrets. No forgiveness. How this merits a seconds thought I don't really know.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 01:04:50 PM »

She would love to stay and slaughter more people if only it was like the good old days in 2015. No regrets. No forgiveness. How this merits a seconds thought I don't really know.

She was 15 and the victim of grooming.  She got married at 15, which would make her a victim of rape in this country.  I don't think we should take an interview in any murdoch paper at face value either.

Some surprising people a bit lacking in critcial thinking in this thread.  Not worthy of a second thought?  You have let yourself down here.  Daily mail readers obviously having a field day too. 

Surely we wait until she makes it out of Syria, and then let the law run its course?  Whether there is hope for her, I don't know.

I don't expect us to go and fetch her in the circumstances.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 01:16:29 PM »

I don't think we should take an interview in any murdoch paper at face value either.

There is audio of the interview.

Unfortunately she doen't have dual nationality, so if she gets out of the camp and presents herself to British authorities, she will no doubt be allowed back to the UK. Then we just have the small cost of monitoring her 24/7, sigh.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »

I don't think we should take an interview in any murdoch paper at face value either.

Unfortunately she doen't have dual nationality, so if she gets out of the camp and presents herself to British authorities, she will no doubt be allowed back to the UK. Then we just have the small cost of monitoring her 24/7, sigh.

There is selected clips from an interview of unknown length.  So we don'rlt really have an idea of the ratio of positive things to negative things she stated. She was 15 when she went there, and her life choices available once under ISIS control would be limited.

What do you think she has done? She made bad choices, but I don't think she comitted any terrorist acts, and I don't think anybody claims she has.   Whilst that likely makes her sympathetic towards terrorists, that doesn't make her a terrorist.  She probably has sime pretty unpleasant views, I accept that.  She is clearly a victim of a serious crime too; sure we'll get Tommy Robinson on soon giving his support, as he is big on supporting victims of grooming and child rape :/

Giving people a fair trial is one of those things that makes this Country great, not the jingoistic bullshit we hear too much these days.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 03:16:22 PM »

She was 15 and the victim of grooming.  She got married at 15, which would make her a victim of rape in this country.  I don't think we should take an interview in any murdoch paper at face value either.

Some surprising people a bit lacking in critcial thinking in this thread.  Not worthy of a second thought?  You have let yourself down here.  Daily mail readers obviously having a field day too. 

Surely we wait until she makes it out of Syria, and then let the law run its course?  Whether there is hope for her, I don't know.

I don't expect us to go and fetch her in the circumstances.

Haha. I nearly prefaced with I'd like to feel more compassionate but based on what I read I didn't feel any. If there was any expression of humanity or empathy from her in the article id think differently. If the article proves to misrepresent her views I might be a bit less daily mail

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 05:17:37 PM »

Didn't two of her own children die of malnutrition and she's pregnant with a 3rd child and

she said I want to come home so my child will be looked after ?

A bit late for that thought.

She's made her bed.....

Yup....tough shit.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »

When the Syrian government are slaughtering innocent children on a daily basis, bombing and poisoning civilians at will, I do agree this story isn't worthy of a second thought.

Having said that girls who shrug off heads in the dustbin caught my attention.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 08:03:48 PM »

There is selected clips from an interview of unknown length.  So we don'rlt really have an idea of the ratio of positive things to negative things she stated. She was 15 when she went there, and her life choices available once under ISIS control would be limited.

What do you think she has done? She made bad choices, but I don't think she comitted any terrorist acts, and I don't think anybody claims she has.   Whilst that likely makes her sympathetic towards terrorists, that doesn't make her a terrorist.  She probably has sime pretty unpleasant views, I accept that.  She is clearly a victim of a serious crime too; sure we'll get Tommy Robinson on soon giving his support, as he is big on supporting victims of grooming and child rape :/

Giving people a fair trial is one of those things that makes this Country great, not the jingoistic bullshit we hear too much these days.

Sadly, Doobs is somewhat reflective of the erudite liberal saying that we listen to too much bullshit, when he and his ilk are the ones spouting it.

She may have been 15 at the time, but 15 today is the 25 year old of my generation. They have far more access to make informed decisions and also take their medicine.

Lets be under no illusion, these girls knew exactly the sort of national shit storm this would and did cause. At 15 they knew what they were doing. They were conniving enough to know what they were doing in order to get to Syria. I see she has already lost 2 children.

Forgiveness and second chances are all well and good, but this isn't one of those cases. This is just taking the piss. She knows damn well our country is a soft touch, because people like Doobs are prepared to wrap stupidity up as being forgiving and worthy of second chances. Let us not forget what ISIS stands for and the horrendous things they perpetrate.

I don't read any papers any more, so can't be tarred, but it winds me up that these same liberals hide behind slagging off everything the mail et al, print as being made up, or one sided. Sometimes it just is what it is. Blaming them for the way they report it, or not liking their methods doesn't alter the fact, it can't always be made up.

Its typically shallow, and actually a somewhat Mailish to then drag Tommy Robinson in to then add some extra sauce to the reply, to then make people feel awkwardly aligned to him if they don't agree.

Poor form.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:35 PM »

Made the bed now lay in it for me.

What do we have to gain vs what do we have to lose makes it a no brainer.

If they were still ‘winning’ their war or on top would she have wanted to come back for her child? No
Chance.

It sums up our country at the moment, we are torn and lost.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 08:52:20 PM »

Sadly, Doobs is somewhat reflective of the erudite liberal saying that we listen to too much bullshit, when he and his ilk are the ones spouting it.

She may have been 15 at the time, but 15 today is the 25 year old of my generation. They have far more access to make informed decisions and also take their medicine.

Lets be under no illusion, these girls knew exactly the sort of national shit storm this would and did cause. At 15 they knew what they were doing. They were conniving enough to know what they were doing in order to get to Syria. I see she has already lost 2 children.

Forgiveness and second chances are all well and good, but this isn't one of those cases. This is just taking the piss. She knows damn well our country is a soft touch, because people like Doobs are prepared to wrap stupidity up as being forgiving and worthy of second chances. Let us not forget what ISIS stands for and the horrendous things they perpetrate.

I don't read any papers any more, so can't be tarred, but it winds me up that these same liberals hide behind slagging off everything the mail et al, print as being made up, or one sided. Sometimes it just is what it is. Blaming them for the way they report it, or not liking their methods doesn't alter the fact, it can't always be made up.

Its typically shallow, and actually a somewhat Mailish to then drag Tommy Robinson in to then add some extra sauce to the reply, to then make people feel awkwardly aligned to him if they don't agree.

Poor form.

It is probabpy best if we don't start calling each other stupid.

I think she should be tried for the crimes she has committed, nothing more, nothing less
As a British citizen, she has the rights of a British citizen, whatever her religion, skin colour or beliefs.  I have not once said she should be forgiven, but she should have a fair trial and the evidence should be l presented if it is thought she has committed a crime.   She shouldn't be blamed for all the crimes of ISIS, just the ones she committed.  

At 15, she was a child under British law.   Do you think it is ok for a 25 year old to have sex with a 15 year old, as 15 is the new 25, or is it rape?  Should we have one law for her and one law for the Rochdale victims on this?   What do you think?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: