blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:52:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 60210 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »

No you're correct.

Too many loud mouths liberals give the impression they have greater numbers on their side..... Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2019, 11:31:35 AM »

Has there been a massive general outpouring though?

You have the usual media whipping up a frenzy, you have the usual Facebook fakenews, funnies, nutters.

You have some politicians trying to use it to their advantage.

I refuse to believe that any of that represents many people in this country.

When I have mates that don't even tell you which way they vote on election day, suddenly set wots app on fire with talk of it. Its a pretty good gauge.

The fact that so many people are on Social media, again gives a pretty good marker to the general tones.

The fact we have more than a few pages, tells a story etc etc etc.

How many people have to be on the news for it to be a story that we as a nation have an opinion on?

With your ability to discern a person’s political position from their contribution to a poker forum i’m sure you don’t need your mates to tell you how they voted. Although given your mis-call on mine maybe you do.

Regardless, Facebook and WhatsApp aren’t the place for a genuine appraisal of the public mood.

Now normally I would agree about being too reliant on Soc Med not being a good basis to gauge opinion.

However, I have just read a Telegraph post about the latest Interview with our poor victim.

254 comments, and NOT ONE, showing any sign of disagreeing with her treatment. Some astonished, but not critical of what has happened. NOT ONE.

I would humbly suggest you get a mixture of strong enough views that even those with some sympathy towards her would raise their head. But no, so far not one.

To me, that suggests in this case our interpretation of the nations mood is pretty spot on, and those on here, are in a very small minority thinking she should be wasting taxpayers money getting a well deserved trial etc....

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2019, 11:36:05 AM »

I think easiest thing now is for someone with a Hereford accent to pop over dressed as a bush and she come to a timely end. Then bring the kid back and put in with a new Muslim family to raise far away from the girls current family, will end things alot quicker & cheaper.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2019, 11:55:43 AM »

You have the usual media whipping up a frenzy, you have the usual Facebook fakenews, funnies, nutters.

When I have mates that don't even tell you which way they vote on election day, suddenly set wots app on fire with talk of it. Its a pretty good gauge.

The fact that so many people are on Social media, again gives a pretty good marker to the general tones.

How many people have to be on the news for it to be a story that we as a nation have an opinion on?

With your ability to discern a person’s political position from their contribution to a poker forum i’m sure you don’t need your mates to tell you how they voted. Although given your mis-call on mine maybe you do.

Regardless, Facebook and WhatsApp aren’t the place for a genuine appraisal of the public mood.

Now normally I would agree about being too reliant on Soc Med not being a good basis to gauge opinion.

However, I have just read a Telegraph post about the latest Interview with our poor victim.

254 comments, and NOT ONE, showing any sign of disagreeing with her treatment. Some astonished, but not critical of what has happened. NOT ONE.

I would humbly suggest you get a mixture of strong enough views that even those with some sympathy towards her would raise their head. But no, so far not one.

To me, that suggests in this case our interpretation of the nations mood is pretty spot on, and those on here, are in a very small minority thinking she should be wasting taxpayers money getting a well deserved trial etc....

I do get that there is a lot of support for your position. But I don’t think 254 comments on the Telegraph website is in any way representative of the entire country.

This may all be wishful thinking on my part, because I don’t really want to believe that we have become so insular and selfish that we can’t handle this without taking the extreme route. Who’s next to lose their citizenship?

Do you have a list?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2019, 12:36:35 PM »

But Adz, 254 is a tiny sample and people who comment on the Telegraph website are not representative of Telegraph readers let alone the whole country!

Just to be clear, I have no issue what so ever with her being stripped of her citizenship. I wouldn't even have an issue with the Roshambo proposed solution.

I am not interested in how old she is, the fact she has a child, or whether she is a British Citizen or holds Dual Citizenship. I am not interested in her race or religion.
She is a traitor and security risk to the country.
Anyone who meets those two criteria should be banned from ever returning to the country.
That however is just my personal opinion.

I find it strange when you guys think you know what the whole country is thinking.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »

Now normally I would agree

What is this normally of which you speak?

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2019, 01:04:34 PM »

Yah it's a tiny sample.

We would need to do extensive research to conclude traitor terrorists are not popular in this country.

Do men like beer and football? Do women like shopping? These mysteries just cannot be fathomed by mere guesswork and a few comments in The Telegraph.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2019, 01:20:41 PM »

I find your comments very odd at times.

You want to pick me up more on grammar, or nit pick when you know exactly what I mean.

Most people seem to get the rather frustrated way I communicate. I don't have the great wordsmithery of so many on here, but you seem to always try and twist an odd word here or there as above, to what end, or what you are trying to prove I dont know.

If you want to argue or debate, crack on.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »

I find your comments very odd at times.

You want to pick me up more on grammar, or nit pick when you know exactly what I mean.

Most people seem to get the rather frustrated way I communicate. I don't have the great wordsmithery of so many on here, but you seem to always try and twist an odd word here or there as above, to what end, or what you are trying to prove I dont know.

If you want to argue or debate, crack on.

Abso nothing to do with grammar or wordsmithery (God forbid) just a joke on the 'agree' part of your post. Surely agreeing isn't your normal thing.

No offence intended.

The older I get, the better I was.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »

Yah it's a tiny sample.

We would need to do extensive research to conclude traitor terrorists are not popular in this country.

Do men like beer and football? Do women like shopping? These mysteries just cannot be fathomed by mere guesswork and a few comments in The Telegraph.

Oh hi Manti

I like your comparison between men liking beer and football and the full spectrum of what people think should happen to this young lady.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2019, 01:35:40 PM »

Is it possible for a human to not have a nationality?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2019, 01:51:10 PM »

Yah it's a tiny sample.

Oh hi Manti

I like your comparison between men liking beer and football and the full spectrum of what people think should happen to this young lady.

Hey mate,

Yes your probs right,

If we looked into it deeper we'd find many who want to build her a gingerbread house with unicorns and rainbows in the back garden

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2019, 02:02:15 PM »

Yah it's a tiny sample.

Oh hi Manti

Hey mate,

Yes your probs right,

If we looked into it deeper we'd find many who want to build her a gingerbread house with unicorns and rainbows in the back garden

Then put her in the oven?

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »

Is it possible for a human to not have a nationality?

Happened to Tom Hanks at that airport.
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »

She struck me as a classic sociopath in her interview, kind of the perfect target for stuff like this...

It's a totally miserable situation I can't come to an opinion on it, on the one hand you have someone who has actively supported and i imagine contributed to serious terrorism, for whom is going to cost a lot of money to take care off...

Then on the other hand you have a heavily pregnant 19yr old girl, who will be left in possibly the most dangerous place in the world. Part of the UKs ideology is that won't happen to UK citizens...

its horrible, makes me so sad there is enough hate in the world that this stuff can happen.

I kinda feel like the greater good might be to refuse here, set a precedent that might need setting. Politically its another impossible spot, I hate Theresa May and think this government is horrible but fuck they have run pretty terrible.

So much sense in one post. This exactly.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: