blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Danny Baker
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danny Baker  (Read 16938 times)
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2019, 10:53:32 AM »

Can’t wait for the evil racist to be locked up in jail
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2019, 08:51:08 PM »

Is anyone posting in this thread a person of colour?

With all due respect if you're white you can't tell black/brown people it's not offensive.

This tweet from Darren Lewis sums it up fairly well -

Why are we still hearing radio shows asking whether the depiction of a baby of colour as a chimpanzee is racist? We as people of colour are telling you it is racist. We have been for years. Why do you need to host phone-ins suggesting there is any room for misinterpretation?

Oh just f**k off, my wife is ‘brown’ and my daughter is ‘half brown’ in your crass definition so don’t give me any of your shit. My wife gives zeros fucks and ]n all honestly has only experienced prejudice from eastern euro immigrants........

Perhaps that’s exactly why she doesn’t care? There are people out there who have had various monkey-based taunts thrown their way and are furious.

Your wife doesn’t get to speak for everyone ‘of colour’ fella.

Hang on, didn’t the word ‘colour’ used to be frowned upon? It is hard to keep up.

But this Darren Lewis fella does?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2019, 09:03:36 PM »

With all due respect if you're white you can't tell black/brown people it's not offensive.

Why are we still hearing radio shows asking whether the depiction of a baby of colour as a chimpanzee is racist? We as people of colour are telling you it is racist. We have been for years. Why do you need to host phone-ins suggesting there is any room for misinterpretation?

I'm a pale face but my granddad was coloured. Before I get shouted at for saying 'coloured' that's the term my granddad used and he found 'black' offensive so basically you can gfy. I'll use the term that the man without whom I wouldn't even exist preferred.

His father was Jamaican and his mother Austrian, his father got deported in the early 1900s and his mother got sent to the workhouse with her 5 kids. I only found this out recently but it sure puts some of the shit people whinge about these days in to perspective.

Does that qualify me to have an opinion?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2019, 09:05:35 PM »

Oh just f**k off, my wife is ‘brown’ and my daughter is ‘half brown’ in your crass definition so don’t give me any of your shit. My wife gives zeros fucks and in all honestly has only experienced prejudice from eastern euro immigrants........

Out of interest Woodsey and hopefully you realise this isn't just a troll....

When you and your wife first had your daughter how would you have felt if someone had posted the Danny Baker picture on your FB page with a "congratulations on the new addition to the family" message?

Do you think you would have just laughed at what is undoubtedly a comical picture or maybe spotted potential racial undertones given your family make up?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2019, 09:27:49 PM »

Oh just f**k off, my wife is ‘brown’ and my daughter is ‘half brown’ in your crass definition so don’t give me any of your shit. My wife gives zeros fucks and in all honestly has only experienced prejudice from eastern euro immigrants........

Out of interest Woodsey and hopefully you realise this isn't just a troll....

When you and your wife first had your daughter how would you have felt if someone had posted the Danny Baker picture on your FB page with a "congratulations on the new addition to the family" message?

Do you think you would have just laughed at what is undoubtedly a comical picture or maybe spotted potential racial undertones given your family make up?

Mate I get piss takes all the time about from my wife’s family about how she looks. Skin colour and ethnic looks are an obsession where she comes from, basically they want white skin and a ‘caucasian’ bridge on their nose, she doesn’t really have either. I honestly don’t care and myself and my wife just laugh about it.

Just hopping on plane so no other replies till tomorrow.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2019, 09:48:28 PM »

This sounds like a story I have made up but this genuinely happened at the Saints game today and just have to share.

Sat next to an old boy who I haven't seen before. We get chatting and he is European (if I had to guess, German) and is keeping me up to speed with the other scores as he has the radio in his ear.

We are happily watching the game when the Huddersfield striker (big black guy) gets nudged off the ball and dramatically throws himself to the ground. Old boy turns to me

"You know what, when he throws himself on the floor like that, he deserves a banana skin thrown at him"
"Errr...what?"
Chuckling "He deserves a banana skin thrown at him"
Me , serious face, "You think he deserves a banana skin thrown at him"
Turns away "pffft, you don't get the joke"
"No, I don't get the joke"

We don't speak for the rest of the half, he goes to get a drink and half time, comes back and moves three seats away from me!

Thankfully, I managed to contain my deep feelings of offence and revulsion as what was happening on the pitch quickly overshadowed that.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2019, 09:01:15 PM »

This sounds like a story I have made up but this genuinely happened at the Saints game today and just have to share.

Sat next to an old boy who I haven't seen before. We get chatting and he is European (if I had to guess, German) and is keeping me up to speed with the other scores as he has the radio in his ear.

We are happily watching the game when the Huddersfield striker (big black guy) gets nudged off the ball and dramatically throws himself to the ground. Old boy turns to me

"You know what, when he throws himself on the floor like that, he deserves a banana skin thrown at him"
"Errr...what?"
Chuckling "He deserves a banana skin thrown at him"
Me , serious face, "You think he deserves a banana skin thrown at him"
Turns away "pffft, you don't get the joke"
"No, I don't get the joke"

We don't speak for the rest of the half, he goes to get a drink and half time, comes back and moves three seats away from me!

Thankfully, I managed to contain my deep feelings of offence and revulsion as what was happening on the pitch quickly overshadowed that.

Thanks for sharing and actually this explains why I have a more relaxed attitude to such throw away comments. This doddery old fella appears out of touch, doesn't know what he's saying, little or zero intent. What happens next? The two of you go from enjoying the game, chatting, to sitting in silence, feeling awkward. His clumsy blunder has the power to evoke deep feelings of revulsion and offence in you and sits apart after the break so feels uncomfortable himself. So what was achieved here? You think he's a moron and he thinks you're one too.

When faced with such a comment I might joke back "perhaps throw a dummy at the baby instead cos the fella ain't no monkey". I'd carry on enjoying the game as before and carry on chatting to the old fool. People might say that reaction isn't sufficient but hey you could've reported him to a steward or revealed your deep revulsion by way of a bollocking. There is a scale here and what's the right level? Perhaps stop his pension so he effectively gets sacked from his income stream? Just using t'internet as means to vent and twitter power is a society problem too imo.

When this Danny Baker story hit the news the secondary headline on the telly news was latest bombings in Syria where they showed little babies being pulled from the rubble. I save my deep feelings of revulsion and offence for these human acts. Alf Garnett making shit joke at football match just doesn't get my blood pumping in the same way I'm afraid.   

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2019, 10:42:48 PM »

It’s always easy to think of what would have been GTO to say after the event, but when you’re in the midst it’s another story.

I’m sure we can all think of times when we’ve heard racist comments and regretted not speaking up...perhaps next time it happens we will say something and let them know that it’s out of order.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 13, 2019, 11:01:05 PM »

Yea, I am not confrontational or particularly quick witted so had no clue what to say. Repeating it back to him was about as good as I could muster.

I was joking about being offended. If I am actually honest, it it didn't really offend me at all in the moment other than the obvious recognition that it is not acceptable language. It's hard to take offence to something that has no genuine meaning to me personally. That being said, I have friends who used to be chased home from school and racially abused by adults that should know better so I can obviously recognise how offensive and wrong this sort of language is and it baffles me that people still think/talk like that.

Agree that trial by social media is not right. DB back on stage and getting a standing ovation last night, many on Twitter are "up in arms". When is an apology enough? Does feel like often with situations like DB, they want the perpetrator stamped into the ground and never heard of again.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2019, 10:46:08 PM »

Afua Hirsch fairly briefly explaining how I was right and most of you were wrong - honourable exceptions acknowledged.

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2019, 11:06:43 PM »

Micro aggressions......never heard this terminology until around the same time as snowflakes were given their label.

Any predictions on the next new words/phrases that will be used as a whine up? 😶
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: