blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:47:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Danny Baker
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danny Baker  (Read 16927 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »

So if some people dont see an act as racist does that mean the act should or should not be classed as racist?

Society decides what is or isn't deemed acceptable. There will always be people that don't recognise even the most obvious racism.

The problem is when the voice of society is snivelling nerds who get up in arms about the smallest things and love to shout "racist", "sexist" etc.

In this case, as DB himself says in his apology " I needed no lessons on the centuries slurs equating simians and people of colour. Racism at it's basest." A picture is never just a picture, this is set against a world where she has been hounded throughout her time with Harry to a point where he personally called out the racism against her and where black people have been called monkeys for many years.

Nobody thinks a monkey is racist but we can't ignore the context can we?

Complete bullshit. As you have seen just from this thread there are different opinions on what is racist on this single issue, opinion will be even more divided than that when you are discussing it more broadly. The one thing I do know however is the ultra PC crew try to press their definition as ‘what society should accept’, the more people tell them to do one and let people decide for themselves the better. It mirrors the brexit debate in many ways....the ‘we know better than you so you should all fall in line’ bullshit.

In short they should stop telling people what to think and do, the thing is they haven’t even learned that this doesn’t work and they still think they are the smart ones.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2019, 07:11:39 PM »

So if some people dont see an act as racist does that mean the act should or should not be classed as racist?

Society decides what is or isn't deemed acceptable. There will always be people that don't recognise even the most obvious racism.

The problem is when the voice of society is snivelling nerds who get up in arms about the smallest things and love to shout "racist", "sexist" etc.

In this case, as DB himself says in his apology " I needed no lessons on the centuries slurs equating simians and people of colour. Racism at it's basest." A picture is never just a picture, this is set against a world where she has been hounded throughout her time with Harry to a point where he personally called out the racism against her and where black people have been called monkeys for many years.

Complete bullshit. As you have seen just from this thread there are different opinions on what is racist on this single issue, opinion will be even more divided than that when you are discussing it more broadly. The one thing I do know however is the ultra PC crew try to press their definition as ‘what society should accept’, the more people tell them to do one and let people decide for themselves the better. It mirrors the brexit debate in many ways....the ‘we know better than you so you should all fall in line’ bullshit.

In short they should stop telling people what to think and do, the thing is they haven’t even learned that this doesn’t work and they still think they are the smart ones.

There will always be widely different opinions. We might not like it if our views are different but, ultimately, society still builds to a consensus of what is and isn't acceptable.

I.e. black face is no longer deemed acceptable. 20 years ago it was fine. There are people who think black face is not a problem today but they don't speak for everyone, in the same way that people who take offence to everything don't speak for everyone.

It does sometimes feel like the ones who take offence the loudest are deciding at the moment but that is set against a history of racism, sexism etc. Perhaps this a natural response to that and we swing back to a more middle ground in a few generations time.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2019, 07:38:07 PM »

when people get offended by people less offended than them it’s snowflakery skill I can only marvel at

Soz but simple pic doesn’t make me shocked, disgusted, gasping for breath. If you don’t have a fanny attack at monkey in bowler and sack folk then shame on you and obv racist pig. Really like?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2019, 08:30:23 PM »

So, the racists don’t get to decide what racism is. The hysterical ‘offended’ mob also don’t decide. Irrational, emotional people are flat out useless at important decisions (think Brexit).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2019, 08:49:44 PM »

So, the racists don’t get to decide what racism is. The hysterical ‘offended’ mob also don’t decide. Irrational, emotional people are flat out useless at important decisions (think Brexit).

Well you have shown your emotion more than most on the politics thread so you know what you are by your own definition. Thanks for playing son    

In reality neither the left or right get to decide what is or isn’t racist, there is a cloud of a grey area in between that keeps moving in the correct direction to establish that. But don’t ever think YOUR opinion is the be all and end all as some do because if you do you should expect plenty of GFY’s enroute.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:15:18 PM by Woodsey » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2019, 09:55:08 PM »

Well you have shown your emotion more than most on the politics thread so you know what you are by your own definition. Thanks for playing son    

In reality neither the left or right get to decide what is or isn’t racist, there is a cloud of a grey area in between that keeps moving in the correct direction to establish that. But don’t ever think YOUR opinion is the be all and end all as some do because if you do you should expect plenty of GFY’s enroute.

I never think my opinion is special, it’s the one I question and doubt the most (we really have been over this). As long as you keep thinking things are left or right, you have nothing sensible to contribute. Left/Right just an instrument to keep the simpletons (on both sides) malleable.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »

I never think my opinion is special, it’s the one I question and doubt the most (we really have been over this). As long as you keep thinking things are left or right, you have nothing sensible to contribute. Left/Right just an instrument to keep the simpletons (on both sides) malleable.

You’re killing me  . Yes you do. If there was a prize for the most sanctimonious opinions on blonde you would win it, I’m not even sure people could come up with a second and third place because you win it by so much!  Congrats champ  disco
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2019, 10:09:40 PM »

You’re killing me  . Yes you do. If there was a prize for the most sanctimonious opinions on blonde you would win it, I’m not even sure people could come up with a second and third place because you win it by so much!  Congrats champ  disco

* I’d rather have said ‘construct’ than ‘instrument’. I’m glad that you’re posting kinda sensibly ( within the unfortunate restrictions).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2019, 10:13:31 PM »

* I’d rather have said ‘construct’ than ‘instrument’. I’m glad that you’re posting kinda sensibly ( within the unfortunate restrictions).

What restrictions? It’s you that normally breach them when you lose the plot and start the name calling and by your own definition above are useless.  Cheesy
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2019, 10:39:14 PM »

Has Meghan Markle been “hounded” about her race?  Before this furore I had no idea her mother was black.  Surely if she was “hounded” non daily mail readers would hear about it?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2019, 10:40:16 PM »

Haha!  Genius stuff!
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2019, 10:56:18 PM »

Haha!  Genius stuff!

Do you identify as left or right? You’re not very bright, neither am I (I think, not sure). So why do we define as left or right? Tell me what it is to be right, what do you believe in?
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2019, 11:45:01 PM »

Is anyone posting in this thread a person of colour?

With all due respect if you're white you can't tell black/brown people it's not offensive.

This tweet from Darren Lewis sums it up fairly well -

Why are we still hearing radio shows asking whether the depiction of a baby of colour as a chimpanzee is racist? We as people of colour are telling you it is racist. We have been for years. Why do you need to host phone-ins suggesting there is any room for misinterpretation?
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2019, 11:49:18 PM »

With all due respect if you're white you can't tell black/brown people it's not offensive.

Why are we still hearing radio shows asking whether the depiction of a baby of colour as a chimpanzee is racist? We as people of colour are telling you it is racist. We have been for years. Why do you need to host phone-ins suggesting there is any room for misinterpretation?

I think the question is did Danny Baker intend it to be racist.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2019, 12:08:04 AM »

Oh just f**k off, my wife is ‘brown’ and my daughter is ‘half brown’ in your crass definition so don’t give me any of your shit. My wife gives zeros fucks and in all honestly has only experienced prejudice from eastern euro immigrants........
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:10:22 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: