blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:37:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Danny Baker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danny Baker  (Read 17101 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2019, 10:35:38 PM »

Lol anyone that is upset about this or thinks it’s racist is a moron

He explicitly equated a child with mixed race heritage to a monkey.

If he's not being racist he should be sacked anyway - for being stupid.

It honestly took me ages to remember the princess heritage.  Guess I’m stupid as well.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »

How probable is it that the racial connotations where anywhere near his mind when he posted that? He works for the bbc. Incredibly crass and idiotic. But I do not see it as an example of racism

Not everyone equates monkeys with black people
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2019, 10:52:12 PM »

He's clearly not a racist.

We don't allow for intent, and we don't assume good faith.

It's really damaging. A magazine editor on twitter today admitted they don't use black models for splashes next to stories as the accusations of racist stereotyping are inevitable.

They gave the examples of mental health articles or even articles on strong women. It's just not worth the hassle when previous good character and lack of intent or actual racism isn't as important as how people feel when mobbing you.

I think baker has been treated disgustingly

That one word intent nails it for me and is my barometer for all stuff like this including homophobia etc. Many times there are innocent words or actions that the ultra PC crew label as racist and there is never give any allowance as to whether there was any bad intent or not. In all honestly they do their cause more harm than good and just piss people off, if they allowed a little slack when it is merited they would probably further their cause faster (and rightfully so).
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2019, 11:17:34 PM »

It's really damaging. A magazine editor on twitter today admitted they don't use black models for splashes next to stories as the accusations of racist stereotyping are inevitable.

They gave the examples of mental health articles or even articles on strong women. It's just not worth the hassle when previous good character and lack of intent or actual racism isn't as important as how people feel when mobbing you.

That one word intent nails it for me and is my barometer for all stuff like this including homophobia etc. Many times there are innocent words or actions that the ultra PC crew label as racist and there is never give any allowance as to whether there was any bad intent or not. In all honestly they do their cause more harm than good and just piss people off, if they allowed a little slack when it is merited they would probably further their cause faster (and rightfully so).

There is a line thought even with no intent.

I.e. me and my mates decide to go to the darts and dress up as funny tribesman. Full black face and war paint.

None of us our remotely racist. We just think its a funny costume.

There is a good reason why this is not OK right? Regardless of intent? I know this is not the same as DB.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2019, 11:33:55 PM »

I.e. me and my mates decide to go to the darts and dress up as funny tribesman. Full black face and war paint.

There is a good reason why this is not OK right? Regardless of intent? I know this is not the same as DB.

I’m talking more about the low level ‘breaches’ that really don’t do much harm (IMO) as there really isn’t any bad intent, other than for the ultra PC crew who want to kick up a fuss about every minor infringement, as I said I think they do the cause more harm than good.

P.S. Dressing up in an afro and a pimp suit for a 70’s party doesn’t seem to attract much attention, why the difference? 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:40:15 PM by Woodsey » Logged
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2019, 11:51:18 PM »

]

Would you deserve to lose your livelihood and be branded racist, or should you be allowed to apologise for being insensitive and a bit or a berk and get on with your life?
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2019, 12:05:04 AM »

Would love to find out where he got the pic from. What words did he google to find it?

It was 100% racially insensitive and for a BBC broadcaster he had to go.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2019, 12:27:02 AM »

Would love to find out where he got the pic from. What words did he google to find it?

It was 100% racially insensitive and for a BBC broadcaster he had to go.

He may have seen it posted somewhere else the last time a royal baby was born.
Wonder if it was racist back then
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2019, 07:07:17 AM »

On the other hand calling Muslim women ‘letterboxes’ is not only acceptable it can enhance career prospects

Somebody needs to produce an employee guide

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »

On the other hand calling Muslim women ‘letterboxes’ is not only acceptable it can enhance career prospects

He used to be employed by the Conservative/DUP government and now he’s employed by little England and The Telegraph, it’s a very safe spot for a racist.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »

Making fun of ridiculous clothing is common.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2019, 10:18:42 AM »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/baseball/48214303?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social

Truly awful, disgusting racism(some in this thread will say)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »

So it’s a symbolic hand gesture that racists have adopted to show people that they are racists. I don’t know about truly awful and disgusting (within the spectrum of modern racism) but the life ban is an easy call.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2019, 10:59:33 AM »

just curious, why not tell us what you think instead of what you assume others will think?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2019, 11:15:55 AM »

Danny has been back on Twitter this morning;

More
Good morning, everyone.
Following one of the worst days of my life I just want to formally apologise for the outrage I caused and explain how I got myself into this mess.
I chose the wrong photo to illustrate a joke. Disastrously so.

185 replies 195 retweets 1,238 likes

Danny Baker

@prodnose
 36m36 minutes ago
More
In attempting to lampoon privilege & the news cycle I went to a file of goofy pictures & saw the chimp dressed as a Lord and thought, "That's the one!" Had I kept searching I might have chosen General Tom Thumb or even a a baby in a crown. But I didn't. God knows I wish had.

4 replies 18 retweets 258 likes

Danny Baker

@prodnose
 36m36 minutes ago
More
Minutes later I was alerted by followers that this royal baby was of course mixed race and waves of panic and revulsion washed over me. Fuck, what had I done?  I needed no lessons on the centuries slurs equating simians and people of colour. Racism at it's basest.

2 replies 17 retweets 242 likes

Danny Baker

@prodnose
 36m36 minutes ago
More
I am aware black people do not need a white man to tell them this. Deleting it immediately and apologising for the awful gaffe I even foolishly tried to make light of it. (My situation that is, not the racism involved.) Too late and here I am.

3 replies 15 retweets 241 likes

Danny Baker

@prodnose
 36m36 minutes ago
More
I would like once and for all to apologise to every single person who, quite naturally, took the awful connection at face value. I understand that and all of the clamour and opprobrium I have faced since. I am not feeling sorry for myself. I fucked up. Badly.

4 replies 19 retweets 283 likes

Danny Baker

@prodnose
 36m36 minutes ago
More
But it was a genuine, naive and catastrophic mistake. There is of course little media/twitter traction in such a straight-forward explanation. The picture in context as presented was obviously shamefully racist. It was never intended so - seriously who on earth would 'go there'?

13 replies 23 retweets 557 likes

Danny Baker

@prodnose
Following Following @prodnose
More
Anyway i am now paying the price for this crass & regrettable blunder and rightly so. Probably even this final word from me will extend the mania. ('Dog whistle' anyone?) I would like to thank friends on here for their kinder words and once again - I am so, so sorry.

10:36 AM - 10 May 2019

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: