blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  LGBT/same sex marriage lessons in school
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LGBT/same sex marriage lessons in school  (Read 4593 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 10:43:14 AM »

I think the confusion arguement is fine.

A parent knows their child best and could make a good argument that their child is not ready to hear about these subjects, would find them upsetting and confusing. The parent might want to introduce them to the child themselves and in a different way.

The government only provides guidance to the school - the headteacher and individual teachers decide which resources they are going to use to teach the detail. That means "the role of the family" might be a penguin story in one school and a series of pictures in another school.

They have the legitimate option to pull them out of lessons.

When they are pulling them out of lessons because they fundamentally believe that LBGTQ people are wrong then I disagree. It's an issue with the religion and an extreme subset. As is usual when seeing this stuff on the news, there are far more followers of Islam that are perfectly happy with these lessons than the ones with megaphones harassing teachers.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »

What exactly is it that they're teaching? I don't remember being taught about same sex relationships outside of the biology of it, and I think if we're going to judge what is and isn't appropriate we need to know the content of the lessons.

Wow. Amazing. What do you think they’re teaching? What on earth couldn’t be “appropriate”?!

What on earth about sex and relationship education might be inappropriate to teach at a primary school? Hmm, let me think about that one, you know I can't come up with a single thing! Let's get all the pictures and the horror stories out!

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »

What exactly is it that they're teaching? I don't remember being taught about same sex relationships outside of the biology of it, and I think if we're going to judge what is and isn't appropriate we need to know the content of the lessons.

Wow. Amazing. What do you think they’re teaching? What on earth couldn’t be “appropriate”?!

What on earth about sex and relationship education might be inappropriate to teach at a primary school? Hmm, let me think about that one, you know I can't come up with a single thing! Let's get all the pictures and the horror stories out!

As far as I can see they are introducing children to the idea that not all families are made up of a Mummy and Daddy. Two Mums, two Dads, or just one Mum or Dad are equally valid.
They aren’t teaching children that when two mummys decide to have a baby they go to the shop for a turkey baster and start interviewing potential donors.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2019, 03:49:39 PM »

Just another thread where if you don't agree wholeheartedly with the OP and others, you will be called a bigot, a racist or some other ist.

I still find it incredible kids aren't taught how to complete tax returns, apply for a passport or visa/esta, change a plug, etc, yet this stuff is taught forced upon them before I feel it should.

I’ve already said I kinda get it & kinda don’t.

But of course, you clearly don’t want to admit you’re against, by the time of your post. It wouldn’t surprise me, considering the hateful rhetoric that Brexit voters carry.

It's so predictable it's laughable..

I would go so far to suggest your posts indicate you are way more hateful than me with your incessant name calling.

Seems incredibly ironic to do so, all the time.
Hey Adz.

I am not sure where you get this name calling thing from, a bit like that £350m Boris lie, I suppose. I haven't called you names. It's actually the other way round, it was you who started calling me an idiot and so on in the politics thread, but yet it was you who called tighty out for leaving the forum.

Hopefully I can restrain myself from ever speaking to you again, as you are just not worth wasting energy on.

Have you read or digested what you just put?

You dont name call? Are you joking?

You call Breixiteers hateful, every single time you say the word. Is that not name calling?!

What has name calling got to do with Boris and £350 million? Its just a pathetic link in the LGBT thread, and a desperate pull to try and link the two. It doesn't matter anyway, I have always said I never took any notice of it anyway, so its completely irrelevant.

I also HAVEN'T said I don't call you names, you are an idiot. I just said I am nowhere near as hateful as you. All your posts have a little bit of vittirol and poison directed at someone, and its really not nice. This is highlighted again, but once again bringing to the fore my faux pas, regards Tighty(which he acknowledged my prompt apology-which you then said I never made-I mean WTF are you?).

I make many posts on here to stoke up a little bit of action and generate posts. Many people(that have any common sense)recognise this, but to keep raising that issue is only disturbing to Tighty. It really doesn't garner your aims any support whatsoever.

You are a nastly little person.

I love this.

Calling me a nasty person, but yet it’s clear that you’re against these lessons, you’re the one who name calls, throws accusations at Tighty, you’re the Brexit voter & yet I’m the nasty person.

Ok Adz 😂
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2019, 04:06:41 PM »

You have just labelled 17million people nasty.

Very grown up and considered.

You seem to feel that bringing up a mistake and keep referring to it to try and further your cause grown up too. Its nasty, childish and desperate. End of.

I wonder if anyone else feels the same?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2019, 04:15:22 PM »

You have just labelled 17million people nasty.

Very grown up and considered.

You seem to feel that bringing up a mistake and keep referring to it to try and further your cause grown up too. Its nasty, childish and desperate. End of.

I wonder if anyone else feels the same?

Adz, you came into this thread for an argument, not to make any sort of valid point. Perhaps you should take some of your own advice, and not reply to any of my comments.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2019, 01:26:30 AM »

Don't read Brave New World...

Quote from: Aldous Huxley
For a very long period before the time of Our Ford, and even for some generations afterwards, erotic play between children had been regarded as abnormal (there was a roar of laughter); and not only abnormal, actually immoral (no!): and had therefore been rigorously suppressed.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: