blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Geeky OCD phone stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Geeky OCD phone stuff.  (Read 6757 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2019, 01:27:28 PM »

The annoying thing is, if the new ones were in the shops for £350 and there was no alternative I would buy one without a second thought, It's not a hefty price to pay for a phone, but because there are alternatives a can't do it without investigating.

The other confusing thing is that refurbished ones are always more expensive that the new eBay ones, and used ones on the shops are dearer still.

It is in my world.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2019, 01:32:57 PM »

The annoying thing is, if the new ones were in the shops for £350 and there was no alternative I would buy one without a second thought, It's not a hefty price to pay for a phone, but because there are alternatives a can't do it without investigating.

The other confusing thing is that refurbished ones are always more expensive that the new eBay ones, and used ones on the shops are dearer still.

It is in my world.

Yeah, but you know what I mean. Most people renew their phone with their contract and end up paying eight or nine hundred quid for it.

My current phone cost ~£300 and is 5 years old. That's £60 a year.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2019, 01:33:36 PM »

A note for Tony.

The S7 is very similar to our phone but with twice the memory.

Yeah, I'm really struggling for memory. And so is my 'phone.

I've got that "You're dangerously low on space" notification again.

I want to add the "Slack" App, but I'm scared it will have too many MB things, & tip the whole thing over the edge. I need the phone to work to be able to log in to my Laptop. No working phone means I can't get on my Laptop.

Mike Postle never has this problem.  

A temporary solution might be to install an SD card and move all your photos to that or to download them to your laptop and then delete them from your phone.

Off to see what Slack App is.

I'm sure that all makes perfect sense Tom, but I fear it's way beyond my skillset. I have a zillion photos on my phone, many of them several times (originals in Gallery, many in "Photo & Picture Resizer" (which don't seem to be delete-able) plus they seem to be in google something too since I opened a google e-mail account recently. I've got photos coming out of my ears, but still can't easily find the ones I want.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2019, 01:43:55 PM »

A note for Tony.

I want to add the "Slack" App, but I'm scared it will have too many MB things, & tip the whole thing over the edge. I need the phone to work to be able to log in to my Laptop. No working phone means I can't get on my Laptop.

A temporary solution might be to install an SD card and move all your photos to that or to download them to your laptop and then delete them from your phone.

I'm sure that all makes perfect sense Tom, but I fear it's way beyond my skillset. I have a zillion photos on my phone, many of them several times (originals in Gallery, many in "Photo & Picture Resizer" (which don't seem to be delete-able) plus they seem to be in google something too since I opened a google e-mail account recently. I've got photos coming out of my ears, but still can't easily find the ones I want.

Is Gill useless with technology too, or are you too busy canoodling to care?

What about all those kids that you work with, can they help or do you hide your tech lexia from them?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:46:13 PM by tikay » Logged

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2019, 01:46:31 PM »

A note for Tony.

I was going to ask why you're using your phone as a storage device - but it seems obvious now that it's not particularly out of choice :D

Can you connect your phone to a computer?
Can you browse your phone files and folders from your computer when you do this?

Once you get to that stage it's just the same as moving things on your computer, you might just need to dig a bit to work out where the photo's are all stored.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:04:50 PM by tikay » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »

A note for Tony.

I was going to ask why you're using your phone as a storage device - but it seems obvious now that it's not particularly out of choice :D

Can you browse your phone files and folders from your computer when you do this?

Once you get to that stage it's just the same as moving things on your computer, you might just need to dig a bit to work out where the photo's are all stored.

I think you lost him at "Can you"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:05:01 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2019, 02:08:37 PM »

A note for Tony.

I think so, yes. I can charge my phone via the UB thing from my laptop.

I'm a little tied up for the next few hours, but I'll try that later. I can't bring myself to delete all my photos, but I've got so many of them.

My Messages & Phone Contacts don't work any more either. I have about 4,600 of them, going back to my first ever Mobile Phone, 30 (?) years ago.  Think I have a hoarding habit.

PS - thank you, & best regards to S W.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: