blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Who killed Garrett Phillips? (With spoilers)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who killed Garrett Phillips? (With spoilers)  (Read 3725 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2019, 01:23:54 PM »

Download on Sky Crime.

A+
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:54:18 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 01:37:15 PM »

Best thing I've watched since OJ or Making of a Murderer.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 09:17:58 AM »

I happened to notice this was on again last night, & thought I'd give it 5 minutes to see what you were waffling on about.

It was about 10 or 10.30pm, & I wanted to be in bed before midnight as I'm very busy with work & needed to get up early today.

Almost 4 hours later I was still glued to the screen.

Absolutely superb TV, this is what TV was made for. Who needs poorly scripted badly acted fictional drama when there is material like this available? 

No spoilers, but I took an intense dislike to Mary Rain, the District Attorney, & I changed my mind as to whether Oral Nick Hillary was guilty or innocent 17 times.

Wonderful TV.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 09:22:12 AM »

I happened to notice this was on again last night, & thought I'd give it 5 minutes to see what you were waffling on about.

It was about 10 or 10.30pm, & I wanted to be in bed before midnight as I'm very busy with work & needed to get up early today.

Absolutely superb TV, this is what TV was made for. Who needs poorly scripted badly acted fictional drama when there is material like this available? 

No spoilers, but I took an intense dislike to Mary Rain, the District Attorney, & I changed my mind as to whether Oral Nick Hillary was guilty or innocent 17 times.

Wonderful TV.

Ha , i also took an instant dislike to Rain,horrible woman.

Excellent TV.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 12:57:42 PM »

Wonderful TV.

Ha , i also took an instant dislike to Rain,horrible woman.

Excellent TV.

Finished watching it last night, fabulous TV.

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 09:46:19 AM »

Great viewing but a very one sided documentary.

I’ll give my opinion on the trial I don’t think it’s a spoiler because this is public knowledge.

NH is guilty
The police investigation was very unprofessional and probably racially biased
John Jones is a twat
Tandy (The mother) will never get justice
The race card was expertly played
Money bought innocence in this trial

There are to many inconsistencies in NH’s story, the whole cigarette thing, the injury to his ankle, being in the parking lot and not getting out the car and then leaving the parking lot 7 seconds after Garrett, taking a left instead of a right to go home.

Having his daughter give an alibi to say he was home and a text message much later from his daughter asking what was for dinner all sounds dodgy to me and the shear fact he was so calm and not devastated by the news of Garrets death which I would expect from any reasonable person makes me think he was guilty.

This is a case of Police incompetence and the legal system being able to be bought. If that filmmaker didn’t pay for NH’s bail and his defence team NH would have been found guilty and probably rightfully so.

Great viewing though........

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 09:55:29 AM »

I've put a spoiler alert up. Not because of BangBang's post, but so that those who have seen it can all comment.

BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 03:24:28 PM »

Oh damn sorry I thought most people would have been aware of the case anyway....

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 03:34:44 PM »

Oh damn sorry I thought most people would have been aware of the case anyway....

No problem.

I found your take on things quite interesting but I think he was completely railroaded. There wasn't a shred of real evidence against him.

Also, how the DA could get away with campaigning on the fact that she would put an, as yet, presumed innocent man behind bars, and then post trial say that the judge had let a guilty man go free and they wouldn't be looking for anyone else?

How could she get away with saying those things and still be viewed as impartial?

The mother's cop boyfriend did it and, along with everyone else, tried to frame the black guy.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 06:30:56 PM »

Great viewing but a very one sided documentary......Agree great viewing. One sided? Well, yes because NH was the main focus

I’ll give my opinion on the trial I don’t think it’s a spoiler because this is public knowledge.

NH is guilty ....... Disagree
The police investigation was very unprofessional and probably racially biased...... Yes and racially biased, no "probably" about it
John Jones is a twat ................Agree
Tandy (The mother) will never get justice......yes she probably won't
The race card was expertly played
Money bought innocence in this trial .... Having friends in the right places was fortunate. Otherwise an innocent man would have been locked up

There are to many inconsistencies in NH’s story, the whole cigarette thing, the injury to his ankle, being in the parking lot and not getting out the car and then leaving the parking lot 7 seconds after Garrett, taking a left instead of a right to go home..... not enough to convict a man of murder

Having his daughter give an alibi to say he was home and a text message much later from his daughter asking what was for dinner all sounds dodgy to me and the shear fact he was so calm and not devastated by the news of Garrets death which I would expect from any reasonable person makes me think he was guilty...........I thought his daughter was very credible. I'm a reasonable person who shows zero emotional reaction when first  receiving disturbing news. Need to compute and the emotion hits later

This is a case of Police incompetence and the legal system being able to be bought. If that filmmaker didn’t pay for NH’s bail and his defence team NH would have been found guilty and probably rightfully so.

Great viewing though........

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 06:35:36 PM by Archer » Logged
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 06:52:09 PM »

The mother's cop boyfriend did it and, along with everyone else, tried to frame the black guy.

My opinion also.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 07:37:40 PM »

Watched this but kind of half-heartedly as it did seem quite one sided. From all that we saw though, I don't really know how anyone can even be on trial with what appeared to be such flimsy circumstantial evidence.

sola virtus nobilitat
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »

I watched a 20/20 on the case a couple of years ago. The 20/20 was a more in-depth look into what actually happened, it gave a well rounded view of the case and evidence, most of which was circumstantial but a lot of the circumstantial evidence put together gave me the feeling that NH was guilty.

Some evidence and people on a point system,

The mother - She would have had access to the apartment, but I doubt she was athletic enough jump out of the window and heavy enough to crack the concrete slab under the window without clear signs of injury
0 Not Guilty

John Jones - Had a history of Violence and threatening behaviour against Tandy 1
                   - Helped Tandy find the apartment so could have had a spare key 1
                   - Knew Garrett so would have been let into the apartment 1
                   - Was a Creep 0
                   - Was caught on film walking his dog and then entering his home -1
2 The video evidence makes me believe he’s not guilty but still a twat

Kids/Peers - There was no signs if forced entry 1
                   - Neighbours heard light footsteps 1
                   - A game known to have been played in Postdam was the choking game 1
3 Strong possibility of accidental murder

NH - Relationship was broken because of Garrett  1
      - Left his wife and Kids for Tandy who then left him  1
      - Sat in his car in a car park for 10 minutes for no real reason apart from “the rain” then left as soon as Garrett was seen leaving taking a left not a right 1
      - Had an injury to his ankle on further enquiries he admitted he had a sprained ankle 1
      - Gave his daughter as an alibi and said he was home arranging dinner for his daughter but from her texts at 6:15pm that day she asked “What are we doing for dinner” 1
      - Postdam was predominantly a white area, if a Blackman was seen running people would have noticed -1

4 - Strong possibility of second degree murder but if he waited for Garrett then it could be argued it was murder in the 1st degree

Tandys bra in Garretts room was confusing

The documentary showed NH with his kids and friends, being playful and am all round nice guy while showing everyone else either on their own or around others making accusations.. Completely one sided BS that isn’t fair for the family

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 12:17:30 AM »

Cheers for the tip Tom. Really enjoyed watching this.
Very conscious that this is made from a biased perspective, & knowing that means that it is difficult to accept any of it at face value.

Genuinely hope the he didn't do it, but I don't think there is a credible alternative presented.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2019, 08:11:05 AM »

Cheers for the tip Tom. Really enjoyed watching this.
Very conscious that this is made from a biased perspective, & knowing that means that it is difficult to accept any of it at face value.

Genuinely hope the he didn't do it, but I don't think there is a credible alternative presented.

Woah!

Surely you can't convict because you can't find a credible alternative? If that's the test you could convict me of kidnapping Madeleine McCann.

If it were your decision, could you honestly say there is no reasonable doubt?

Great to hear from you BTW. How are you and yours?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: