blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  2023 WSOP
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2023 WSOP  (Read 25669 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2023, 11:24:40 PM »

I probably won't need one of those this year, in fairness.

Spacey's is good, but I always preferred the one PLOG on 2p2 did.

I'll likely be working a fair bit this summer as well, so that should save me some money Smiley

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2023, 04:55:16 PM »

Few things.

If anyone is looking there is a reward upper flight on the 5 June.  I saw it but went premium instead, would have cost me 40k/£200 more for upper.  Guessing that is effectively £600 more, but don't think I get that much value for it. Someone with more points could use it.

I can buy approx. 10,000 points for £100 with these flights, going to go for it. Does anyone think that is bad value?

Can get Wynn for £184 a night.  Looks like Horseshoe is about £60 less.  Despite the convenience of the Horseshoe, think the Wynn is worth the extra and there is a good chance I play as much at the Wynn as Horseshoe this time.  Would everyone else go for the Wynn on these prices? Was genuinely surprised on Wynn prices, it was something like 599 a night at the weekend last time I looked.

Has anyone ever used stayforlong?  They are stand out on the Horseshoe at about £85 a night (nearly everyone else is about 125). Has anyone used them?  Don't want to rock up and discover no room.  Am likely to just go for the Wynn, but could be useful for others.

That seems a good price for 10,000 pts, but not sure if they have done anything to devalue them?

I'd be paying the extra to stay at Wynn, and I don't mind Ballys/Horseshoe.

I'm only there once a year, so want to be somewhere nice, not just getting my nut down for 6 hours every night like I did in my 20s.

1p a point is good value, unless anything has changed then the value has increased based on Upper flights. You should only ever use them on Upper to get the max value!  Grin

I haven't stayed at either, been in both, but read lots of reports from people and Wynn is rated so highly above the Horseshoe/Paris. You have definitely made the right choice.

Matt & I are there 8th to 13th but I doubt our paths will cross unless you are heading downtown or to Ellis Island!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2023, 09:20:55 AM »

Few things.

If anyone is looking there is a reward upper flight on the 5 June.  I saw it but went premium instead, would have cost me 40k/£200 more for upper.  Guessing that is effectively £600 more, but don't think I get that much value for it. Someone with more points could use it.

I can buy approx. 10,000 points for £100 with these flights, going to go for it. Does anyone think that is bad value?

Can get Wynn for £184 a night.  Looks like Horseshoe is about £60 less.  Despite the convenience of the Horseshoe, think the Wynn is worth the extra and there is a good chance I play as much at the Wynn as Horseshoe this time.  Would everyone else go for the Wynn on these prices? Was genuinely surprised on Wynn prices, it was something like 599 a night at the weekend last time I looked.

Has anyone ever used stayforlong?  They are stand out on the Horseshoe at about £85 a night (nearly everyone else is about 125). Has anyone used them?  Don't want to rock up and discover no room.  Am likely to just go for the Wynn, but could be useful for others.

That seems a good price for 10,000 pts, but not sure if they have done anything to devalue them?

I'd be paying the extra to stay at Wynn, and I don't mind Ballys/Horseshoe.

I'm only there once a year, so want to be somewhere nice, not just getting my nut down for 6 hours every night like I did in my 20s.

1p a point is good value, unless anything has changed then the value has increased based on Upper flights. You should only ever use them on Upper to get the max value!  Grin

I haven't stayed at either, been in both, but read lots of reports from people and Wynn is rated so highly above the Horseshoe/Paris. You have definitely made the right choice.

Matt & I are there 8th to 13th but I doubt our paths will cross unless you are heading downtown or to Ellis Island!

Think I agree with you on Upper.  Have seen a couple of YouTubes about new Virgin premium economy and it doesn't seem much different from economy.  I think made a big mistake coming back as my premium coming back is via New York and 5 hours is regular economy and then I have to transfer there.  I should have just took economy directly given there is little difference.  I think arrival time is better so there is some upside. 

I might try and switch it at some stage.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2023, 07:10:24 PM »

Virgin were doing an up to 70% bonus sale on miles. (It was a sliding scale and you only got max bonus on the bigger purchases)  I can't see the transaction in my account, but can obviously see the miles.  £3k got me 340k miles (200k miles + 70% bonus) which I think is 113 miles a pound?  They used to max you at 100k purchase, but for a while now they have been doing reasonably decent sales at some point around the end of year (or end of tax year)  I normally look at it and decide its a fair deal and do it.  I notice also that Virgin have a beta reward seat checker on their website now, makes modelling possible flight dates much easier.

As an aside, I need a second room this year and started looking on Caesars.  I was a bit surprised, has the pecking order changed?  By price, they have it as

Rio < Horseshoe < Flamingo < Harrahs < Linq < PH < Paris < Cromwell < Caesars < Nobu - with most in the middle very similar pricing.  WIth PH the same price as Linq and Harrahs, is it the standout pick?  Or has it got worse in the last few years or something?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2023, 09:14:02 PM »

Harrahs has just been remodelled, and Linq was a few years back.

PH is still the best choice if you want access to Cosmo/Aria etc.

They've all but quit on upkeep at PH from what I can make out, but still the best rooms, and not close.

Cromwell/Caesars/Nobu have always been priced like they're the Wynn, amazingly enough.

Usually easier to get Horseshoe than the rest as well, and that would be my pick if possible.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2023, 07:50:03 PM »

As they say 'the price of poker is going up'... Seems both Aria & Wynn have increased the prices of their base tourneys his year from what used to be $400, iirc.

Orleans just confirmed they'll have a full summer series, so be interesting to see what that is when they release it.

Sure the daily used to be $200 at the Wynn when I started.  My big concern this year is the lack of alternatives. When I am there everyone seems to be running multi flight multi day tournaments.  I don't really want to be playing a $200 tournament with 9 flights that lasts a week.  There used to be multiple choices of one day (maybe 2 day) tournaments costing less than $500.  Now some days there aren't any.  The cost is definitely increasing, can see me playing Wynn 1100s on "days off"

Yeah, it likely was a few years back, in the good old days when it was opposite the Ferrari garage Grin

I guess they're all just trying to find the player pool that they're trying to hook, and the Wynn is understandably going for the bigger players.

Now I know we're going, I'm probably just going to play a few $200 dailies with my brother at the Nugget, as he doesn't play anymore, but wants to have a go.

There is a $500 bounty at MGM while I'm at Aria, so might take a drive down and play that one.

$250

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=103919

Looking at the history, the Wynn were stlll running $100+25s in 2011.

I need to work it out

SpaceyFCBs spreadsheet is up, and he Wynn has been up there some time

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZl4ZtHt2_dZjL2FX0dLINISJFemQm4UeUTZ329CiTU/edit#gid=185459973

Schedule will look something like this

6 June WSOP 1.5k O8 Limit
7 June Wynn 1100 or 550 Mixed O8 at MGM
8 June WSOP 1100 Omaha (not convinced I am good enough) or Aria 800 mystery bounty.  Could do with a day 2 at the Wynn to avoid dusting 1k in the Omaha..
9 June Wynn 1100
10 June WSOP Gladiators 300
11 June WSOP 800 deepstack
12 June 600 Aria (there is a 300 PLO8 at MGM grand but it starts at 6pm and I have an early flight.)

Just looking at this, the WSOP has got cheaper as everything else has got more expensive.

Annoyingly Venetian has put on an 800 PLO8 the day before I get there. 

So I played 3 omaha tournaments last week after accidentally registering a 215 steps tourney rather than the 109.  I cashed in the 55, and exited the the 215 in a pot 3 from the money when I was way ahead.  Either way I was surprisingly comfortable given I have barely played straight Omaha for 5 or 6 years, so am going to aim at the WSOP 1k omaha now.

A few weeks ago I was wondering if I could hold my own in limit O8 or 8 game at the WSOP.  I went for limit O8 in the end, as I seemed to run bad or play bad in 8 game on Stars whenever I play.  Anyway, I couldn't play the limit O8 in SCOOP, but the 8 game was last weekend so I thought I'd give it a go. 

Turns out I could play 8 game well enough to win the whole damn thing.  I kind of hate limit hold em, but ran so pure I had put it to bed about 10 hands after one of the other two refused the chop.  Limit hold em is an easier game if you keep getting dealt big pairs.

It isn't my biggest win, but have never won a COOP before, so that definitely added to it.  Think the 8 game is two days before I leave...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2023, 08:59:29 PM »

Oh wow! Congratulations, Doobs!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2023, 10:16:26 PM »

wow, what a boss, well done David.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2023, 07:03:59 AM »

Thanks Tal and Tikay.

Does anyone know if Stars does cards up replays of medium SCOOPs?  I wouldn't mind watching it to see where I went wrong on the way.  Going to be easier to learn if I can remember what I was thinking at the time. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2023, 08:50:21 AM »

Thanks Tal and Tikay.

Does anyone know if Stars does cards up replays of medium SCOOPs?  I wouldn't mind watching it to see where I went wrong on the way.  Going to be easier to learn if I can remember what I was thinking at the time. 

Not so far David, but I'll keep looking. I can't even find a full list of SCOOP '23 results at the moment, which is odd as 'Stars are usually so good with that sort of stuff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2023, 10:10:48 AM »

Oioi!!

Congratulations Doobs, superb stuff!

That loads up some extra punting coins for Vegas, and freerolls Wynning, too Grin

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2023, 10:48:48 AM »

Well done Dooobs!

Nicely timed bink before your Vegas heater

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2023, 01:56:27 PM »

wd doobs
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2023, 02:26:57 PM »

very well done doobs
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2023, 03:45:11 PM »

Lovely to have a rare check in and see this. Well done Doobs!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: