blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:25:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Was I right or wrong.................Please say AYE or NEY
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was I right or wrong.................Please say AYE or NEY  (Read 3109 times)
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 02:24:04 AM »

Nay for me too...

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 10:12:08 AM »

definite ney, unless you're in a £10 rebuy.

call the reraise, have a stab at the pot post flop if you like then pass to his inevitable reraise. how many chips you starting with here?
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 10:31:02 AM »

Was FIRST out tonight in the £200 FO at Luton. Thought l would be embarressed but l wasn't, which tells me l've come a long way in a short period as, three months ago l would have been kicking myself and would not even have wished other players at the table good luck on my exit.

With out commenting on the hand I think the problem starts in the 1st paragraph.
Its called complacency and " theres always tomorrow".
Drop that thought process or you will suffer in the long run

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »

Your right I KNOW IT and l think this breeds from my internet play where some days l play 8 x £500 stt and multiple £300, £200 and £120 stts. I do get complacent but l do want to win. There is a buzz about winninng a live tournament. I've got to get a grip.

P.S Thanks for the analysis and comments lads. Very much apprieciated.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 10:45:07 AM by Slick Kid » Logged
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 10:48:33 AM »

gotta say naye mr slick sir. - tread more carefully in future especially when we are on the same table - you get nothing out of a rock like me you know!!.   However it was a total power play that deserves credit and I am actually surprised the guy with QQ called. - alot of players here would have folded this early in a tournament and waited for a better spot - in reality you making this move with AK means you would only normally be called by something that is killing you statistically (i.e AA or KK)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 11:57:08 AM »

we would take any edge greater than 48.63 percent. Yes, that’s right. I just made the argument that very good players should actually take slightly negative EV situations early in a tournament

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/?a_id=15093&m_id=65576

These arguements were done to death about 2 years ago on 2+2. Matt Matros, Eric Lindgren, Gavin Smith... Leaders of da New Skool baybee Cheesy
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 01:59:55 PM »

we would take any edge greater than 48.63 percent. Yes, that’s right. I just made the argument that very good players should actually take slightly negative EV situations early in a tournament

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/archives/?a_id=15093&m_id=65576

These arguements were done to death about 2 years ago on 2+2. Matt Matros, Eric Lindgren, Gavin Smith... Leaders of da New Skool baybee Cheesy
extremely interesting article and well written / xplained.
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 05:13:24 PM »

Thanks for all the comments lads and Junior when are you coming out to play. Havent seen u in a card room for a while. That ARTICLE is fantastic Byron and l draw everybodys attention to ONE line...........IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO RISK YOUR WHOLE TOURNAMENT IN ONE 50/50 HAND YOU SHOULDN'T BE IN THE TOURNAMENT.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 05:37:55 PM »

Aye!

I was on the table, Slick had just taken the first pot with a good raise

He raises again on the very next hand and is re-raised, so he sets the re raiser all in

OMHO he is setting his stall out with this move, if the guy folds, Slick has established himself as table captain, and its very difficult for this guy to call without kings or aces, so Slick has a good chance to win the pot right there

If the guy calls with anything less, he's made a bad call, He can only really expect to be 50/50 at best

Slick got his chips in first and he let everyone know he wasn't there to be messed with

Why worry about risking all your chips early, I guarentee you will be glad to do it with that hand at some stage in the comp, why not do it when it offers you a chance to double up and dominate

The older I get, the better I was.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 03:04:44 AM »

Calling here doesn’t negate our skill over the field. Calling here is our skill over the field.

Best way i have seen that described!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 08:01:20 AM »

Thanks for all the comments lads and Junior when are you coming out to play. Havent seen u in a card room for a while. That ARTICLE is fantastic Byron and l draw everybodys attention to ONE line...........IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO RISK YOUR WHOLE TOURNAMENT IN ONE 50/50 HAND YOU SHOULDN'T BE IN THE TOURNAMENT.

maybe tomorrow slick - but been busy last few weeks. - anyway i'm not coming out the house until your form has subsided somewhat  Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: