blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:53:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This Snooker Final is worse than watching paint dry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Snooker Final is worse than watching paint dry  (Read 20703 times)
Triple X

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »

Oh for a Roket Ronny in the final...

35 mins avg per frame.

Slow, tactical and more importantly boring - Ebdon even continued to play needing 2 snookers and just the pink and black!!!

This is not fun - if only O'Sullivan had the patience and temperment to match his ability, we wouldnt have to watch these two boring guys in the final.

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 05:59:15 PM »

This is a great game .  I really like these two guys. They don't have the arrogance of O'sullivan. It is nice to see someone else win for a change.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:32:20 PM »

35 mins avg per frame.

Slow, tactical and more importantly boring - Ebdon even continued to play needing 2 snookers and just the pink and black!!!

This is not fun - if only O'Sullivan had the patience and temperment to match his ability, we wouldnt have to watch these two boring guys in the final.

Its called not giving in...something Mr Osulkyvan did yesterday.....as for the standard, it has been great. Great snooker players play great snooker, that includes potting balls, playing safe and getting snookers when they need them and never giving up. These two players have played the best snooker this week, they may not have been the most fluent potters or break builders but to a real snooker fan potting as many balls as you can is not the be all and end all, its far more intricate than that.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 06:37:12 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 06:34:31 PM »

35 mins avg per frame.

Its called not giving in...something Mr Osulkyvan did yesterday.....as for the standard, it has been great. Great snooker players play great snooker, that includes potting balls, playing safe and getting snookers when they need them and never giving up. These too players have played the best snooker this week, they may not have been the most fluent potters or break builders but to a real snooker fan potting as many balls as you can is not the be all and end all, its far more intricate than that.

I couldn't agree more Bobby, great match. 

The older I get, the better I was.
Triple X

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »

what about entertainment???

its not all about grinding out a win and a tactical battle.

It must be horses for courses but when i watch snooker on TV i want to be entertained, and these two arent capable of that.  No flair, no arrogance, no personality.

Everything Higgins says about the modern game is absolutely correct....

Oh for a Higgins V O'Sullivan final.

And yes they may be the best players of the week but thats coz they have bored their opponents into submission.  Dott's positioning at times in the semi and fial has been atrocious and that's not just me saying it but the commentators.

The way Ebdon killed a game against O'Sullivan a couple of yeras ago by slowing it right down etc almost made him give up.  I hope for the sake of the game, he wont let these grinders get to him
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 07:56:09 PM »

Some of Ebdons tactical play is amazing to watch. It is entertaining just to see someone try that hard.  Dott is also a fighter. 
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

It must be horses for courses but when i watch snooker on TV i want to be entertained, and these two arent capable of that.  No flair, no arrogance, no personality.

And yes they may be the best players of the week but thats coz they have bored their opponents into submission.  Dott's positioning at times in the semi and fial has been atrocious and that's not just me saying it but the commentators.

The way Ebdon killed a game against O'Sullivan a couple of yeras ago by slowing it right down etc almost made him give up.  I hope for the sake of the game, he wont let these grinders get to him

It is interesting to see how different people see things....in those first 6 frames there were 6 50 breaks. If Ronnie had done that you would be loving it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 08:12:21 PM »

I'd rather see someone playing for two snookers on the pink,(a situation which I would always continue),

Than someone not even try for one snooker on the brown, which Ronnie did twice in his semi-final.

I would also take Alex Higgins's comments on the modern game with a pinch of salt.

Alex once played an exhibition in Nottingham's Victoria Club and urinated in a plant pot mid-session.

Now if you want to call that flair.........

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
colipoo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 08:15:43 PM »

its supposed to be boring , its snooker ffs
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 08:16:02 PM »

Ok, your right, I'll stop enjoying Ebdon and Dott at once

The older I get, the better I was.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »

Alex or John?
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 08:20:11 PM »

I'd rather see someone playing for two snookers on the pink,(a situation which I would always continue),

Than someone not even try for one snooker on the brown, which Ronnie did twice in his semi-final.

I would also take Alex Higgins's comments on the modern game with a pinch of salt.

Alex once played an exhibition in Nottingham's Victoria Club and urinated in a plant pot mid-session.

Its a great point Ralph....when Davis was in his prime people said he was boring and Higgins was great, when Hendry was in his prime Jimmy was great and people seem to ignore all the faults and frailties of O Sullivan but still say he is great....i dont understand, Ebdon has made 3 finals here by playing superb allround snooker, what makes that poor and O Sullivans faults great?

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 08:21:44 PM »

and I forgot to say....count the world titles that the 'boring'players have won compared to the 'great'ones.

Its a great point Ralph....when Davis was in his prime people said he was boring and Higgins was great, when Hendry was in his prime Jimmy was great and people seem to ignore all the faults and frailties of O Sullivan but still say he is great....i dont understand, Ebdon has made 3 finals here by playing superb allround snooker, what makes that poor and O Sullivans faults great?

allym

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 09:07:55 PM »

As long as Dott wins I'm not caring!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 09:11:29 PM »

what is snooker?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: