blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This Snooker Final is worse than watching paint dry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Snooker Final is worse than watching paint dry  (Read 20690 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2006, 12:56:13 AM »

Showed no class whatsoever, ebdon should have whacked him with his cue Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2006, 12:57:08 AM »

I'da smacked the little git round the table, talk about a rubdown.

That was unfortunate, showed a distinct lack of class. hopefully he will learn from it.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2006, 12:57:20 AM »

It's great that one person isn't dominating this tournament like in recent years.

Well played Dott
brad.strider

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2006, 12:58:36 AM »

Showed no class whatsoever, ebdon should have whacked him with his cue Smiley
it would be quite ironic if ebdon done that seeing as he was the master at it

Click to see full-size image.
                                   when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2006, 12:59:35 AM »

That was unfortunate, showed a distinct lack of class. hopefully he will learn from it.

I disagree with both of you. This is the pinnacle of his life/career. Emotions are running high and Ebdon understands that.
redimp

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2006, 01:00:18 AM »

I thought it was a great match both nice guys.
Dott is so chuffed with his win wtg
shelly xx
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2006, 01:01:02 AM »

I agree Nomosos ,

Ebdon used to do that as well.  It is part of sport.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2006, 01:03:40 AM »

I was never keen on S. Murphy. After the chalk incident, I thought he was a right prat.  It is good to see a modest, normal and down to earth guy win it. 
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2006, 04:08:24 AM »

I disagree with both of you. This is the pinnacle of his life/career. Emotions are running high and Ebdon understands that.

I agree. Snooker can be so straight laced, when someone has achieved something of this magnitude, unbridled jubliation is a normal reaction. Let it out!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Triple X

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2006, 08:45:30 AM »

Both nice guys. I am pleased for him though

but as dull as dishwater.

A terrible final from 2 boring unadventurous guys.

Some of the snooker in the final session was a disgrace.  Dott bottling it and taking on percentage shots like making the black safe when he was on fram ball!!!  What was that about?

Terrible positioning most of the evening session, wayward long potting and terrible escapes from snookers.  In fact it was only when he was threatened to have the frame conceded that we saw Dott actually play a proper shot.

Its just not entertainment - mistake after mistake..  That's ok if at least it was thrilling but for FFS it was the longest match in history, i actually turned off at 16-13 but at that point, Dott's highest break in the whole final was a whopping 67!!!  That is hardly world champion material.

Like i say, people want diferent things from a match.  Personally i like to be entertained, not bored to sleep, which is exactly what happened.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2006, 12:55:45 PM »

I agree. Snooker can be so straight laced, when someone has achieved something of this magnitude, unbridled jubliation is a normal reaction. Let it out!

At the end of the match i would agree, but the guy kissed the trophy and was shouting and punching the air BEFORE he had won, disgraceful.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »

Personally, I think that it's about time someone gave Ebdon a rubdown.

He's dished out plenty and this is the first time I can recall him being on the receiving end.

What goes around comes around......

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2006, 03:35:32 PM »

At the end of the match i would agree, but the guy kissed the trophy and was shouting and punching the air BEFORE he had won, disgraceful.

At the time he kissed the trophy, Ebdon needed 7 snookers Shocked
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2006, 04:11:50 PM »

At the time he kissed the trophy, Ebdon needed 7 snookers Shocked

It was actually most un-ebdon-like of him not to try and get them either.....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2006, 05:33:34 PM »

What a let down.

I didn't see Shot of the Championship, The Amazing Bogdan, Mike Massey, a replay of Ronnie's 147 or anything decent this year.

Dott is a poor ambassador for snooker IMO. He acted like a moron when he won it and he is also the lowest standard World Champion I remember seeing. Even John Parrott wasn't this bad!

After he won his 15th frame in the final, his highest break was 65! Give me a break. What a poor year for snooker.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: