blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:14:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Oscar Pistorius trial
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial  (Read 20915 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2014, 04:28:55 AM »

So the parents took monthly payments from Pistorius after he shot their daughter cos they were skint.... not if i was starving in the gutter...

I see they made a nice amount selling their story and admitted that their daughter was their meal ticket... they sound a pretty pair... i know I shouldnt be startled at how low human beings will sink for money..but I am

People who have plenty of money are always surprised at what people who don't have enough money will do. It's unfair to impose the principles you can afford to live by onto people who don't have enough to get by.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2014, 05:21:20 AM »

So the parents took monthly payments from Pistorius after he shot their daughter cos they were skint.... not if i was starving in the gutter...

I see they made a nice amount selling their story and admitted that their daughter was their meal ticket... they sound a pretty pair... i know I shouldnt be startled at how low human beings will sink for money..but I am

People who have plenty of money are always surprised at what people who don't have enough money will do. It's unfair to impose the principles you can afford to live by onto people who don't have enough to get by.

Possible (even probable) that Reeva was supporting her parents when she died.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »

My guess is 4 years.

The older I get, the better I was.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »

5 years
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »

Glad he got a custodial sentence.
Will be disappointed if he gets out in ten months as his defence reckon though.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »

will be on house arrest after 10 months
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »

Complete travesty IMO.

I wonder what the sentence would be if Reeva's boyfriend had been a poor, uneducated black man?

The older I get, the better I was.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »

So South African court cases always take as ridicuolously long as this one did? I appreciate when there is a media element to it they will inevitably go on longer as there are more biases to account for, but it went on an eternity. I always got the attention that everyone in SA loved every minute of this case including media, politicians, lawyers, the judge etc, it really seems to have been treat like entertainment. 
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »

Tbh I was more about taking money from someone who gunned down your child

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »

i had occasion to appear as a witness in a silly little car theft case in the uk,as i was politely invited to wait if i wished in a private waiting room i found my self in a room with several police officers who assumed that i was one of them and chatted about all types of activities that they chose to to pass time as they waited to be called for there cases......the story that relates to south Africa is that one of the officers was over there with a English youth rugby team and despite all there advise to all there young players to not go here and don't wander off on your own he got a report that one of there young lads had left the safe area of the hotel disco and gone with a local girl to a bar down the street,the British cop got the hotel manager who called some cops who turned up very quickly assed the situation and the fact that the British guy was a cop and had had fire arms training....they took him to there car got a gun called a mak some thing or other gave it to him and said were going into these bars looking for your rugby player if any one gets in you re face shoot them.....a search of several bars latter ,missing guy wanders back on his own.
the mind set of the cops  would seem to be take lethal action and worry about the paper work later.....possible there upbringing in south Africa turns them to it.
no DOT hollywood will make a film about the shooting in south Africa and some a Lister star will have a crisis of conscience about playing the lead part then decide that he could do with another 5 million for a extension to his week end house and do it.....please god dint let it be sylvester stallone

Sentencing begins tomorrow.

catching up on whole thread and not noticing the dates I was about to declare Silo's post the most genius ever Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2014, 09:18:07 PM »

i had occasion to appear as a witness in a silly little car theft case in the uk,as i was politely invited to wait if i wished in a private waiting room i found my self in a room with several police officers who assumed that i was one of them and chatted about all types of activities that they chose to to pass time as they waited to be called for there cases......the story that relates to south Africa is that one of the officers was over there with a English youth rugby team and despite all there advise to all there young players to not go here and don't wander off on your own he got a report that one of there young lads had left the safe area of the hotel disco and gone with a local girl to a bar down the street,the British cop got the hotel manager who called some cops who turned up very quickly assed the situation and the fact that the British guy was a cop and had had fire arms training....they took him to there car got a gun called a mak some thing or other gave it to him and said were going into these bars looking for your rugby player if any one gets in you re face shoot them.....a search of several bars latter ,missing guy wanders back on his own.
the mind set of the cops  would seem to be take lethal action and worry about the paper work later.....possible there upbringing in south Africa turns them to it.
no DOT hollywood will make a film about the shooting in south Africa and some a Lister star will have a crisis of conscience about playing the lead part then decide that he could do with another 5 million for a extension to his week end house and do it.....please god dint let it be sylvester stallone

Sentencing begins tomorrow.

catching up on whole thread and not noticing the dates I was about to declare Silo's post the most genius ever Cheesy

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »

The irony is that Oscar Pistorius will wake up this morning and there really will be a burglar using his toilet.

Cymru am byth
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2014, 02:59:28 PM »

10 months prison and the rest house arrest seems like a fair sentence to me.

Diamond League athletics have said he's unlikely to be invited to compete again after his sentence so his high-flying athletics career and all the sponsorship/prize money associated is gone (and has been since 2012), he's had to sell his house to cover legal costs. I highly doubt he's broke and will obv at some point collect a wedge for selling his story but he's certainly not going back into his A list celebrity lifestyle. His reputation is irreparably destroyed.

I don't believe that depriving him of his liberty at huge cost to the state is really necessary on top of that. He's not a danger to anyone else and he's unlikely to re-offend, I don't think that locking him up for decades is going to act as a deterrent since the court concluded that it was a crime of negligence and not malice. This leaves us with retribution as the other main reason for throwing away the key, but who really wins in that scenario? The family and friends of the deceased I guess but not necessarily. If I were a resident of South Africa I would imagine that there are a lot of things that the money could be spent on that would be of greater benefit to society than locking away Oscar Pistorius.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »

Complete travesty IMO.

I wonder what the sentence would be if Reeva's boyfriend had been a poor, uneducated black man?

This

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »

10 months prison and the rest house arrest seems like a fair sentence to me.

Diamond League athletics have said he's unlikely to be invited to compete again after his sentence so his high-flying athletics career and all the sponsorship/prize money associated is gone (and has been since 2012), he's had to sell his house to cover legal costs. I highly doubt he's broke and will obv at some point collect a wedge for selling his story but he's certainly not going back into his A list celebrity lifestyle. His reputation is irreparably destroyed.

The perhaps he should have thought twice before gunning down someone in his bathroom then.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: