blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272702 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 1365 1366 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2215598 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20415 on: September 05, 2019, 09:10:43 PM »

A question for leave voters:

Let's say there was a second referendum tomorrow. It gives the whole country a time to have a final say again on Brexit. The MP's can't block it as they know we've voted a second time and it means any decision will be implemented. But on the other side of the coin there is a chance we might choose to remain. The ballot paper also gives you some sort of drop-down option.

A) Would you support it?

B) The drop down option for leave voters is a choice between DEAL (A deal similar to May's & would take 3-6 months to conclude) or No DEAL (leave straight away). Which would you choose?

If there was a second vote tomorroow and everyone voted the same as before and i mean everyone i am pretty sure remain would win just because all the people who have died in the last few years voted leave and all the 15-18 year olds would vote remain and remain would literally shit up.   I am getting bored of people saying if there was a second vote the result would be different.   Course it fucking would be because of the facts above more than any other factor.   The vote was done in 2016 and it was close so saying it would be different 3 years on is obvious.   Why don't we wait another ten years and it might be 30/70 leave then?

Young people don't realise by voting remain they are going to find it harder and harder to get on the property ladder.

I don’t quite understand the people have died argument. How do we know who they voted for? Of course in older people it’ll be higher, but I think people assume it’s 100% leave voters. Like they assume 16-18 yrs vote to remain, but yet a poll shows it’s not that clear cut.

I personally am not here to overturn the result (but I’d like that), but instead ask that question again with a clear vision. There is no way on earth MP’s could ignore the public if they voted to leave again.

The horrible thing about this is that an election could leave us in exactly the same position where no decisions can be made.

And btw, for balance, I don’t like the taking no deal off the table turns GE option, cake and eating it comes to mind. Sadly, the opposition have been forced into that because of Cummings and Boris. Hence, why they aren’t voting for an election.

I deliberated posted this arron to prove how clueless you are about this subject and you have fallen into the trap and bit like a proper fish.   You really aren't as smart or as clued up as you like to think.

The problem with what you say is that I’ve never claimed to be smart or “clued up”.

But you constantly belittle most people on this thread who don't agree with your ultra remain views.   That's my point.   You really aren't that smart.   I have trapped you like a good un and you fell into the trap.   Anyone with the slightest knowledge of this debate knows that remain would easily win now everything else being equal 2019 to 2016 for the reasons i have stated yet you didn't think that.

You genuinely must feel undermined if you think I’ve belittled people on here.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20416 on: September 05, 2019, 09:31:03 PM »

Let's say there was a second referendum tomorrow. It gives the whole country a time to have a final say again on Brexit. The MP's can't block it as they know we've voted a second time and it means any decision will be implemented. But on the other side of the coin there is a chance we might choose to remain. The ballot paper also gives you some sort of drop-down option.

A) Would you support it?

B) The drop down option for leave voters is a choice between DEAL (A deal similar to May's & would take 3-6 months to conclude) or No DEAL (leave straight away). Which would you choose?

If there was a second vote tomorroow and everyone voted the same as before and i mean everyone i am pretty sure remain would win just because all the people who have died in the last few years voted leave and all the 15-18 year olds would vote remain and remain would literally shit up.   I am getting bored of people saying if there was a second vote the result would be different.   Course it fucking would be because of the facts above more than any other factor.   The vote was done in 2016 and it was close so saying it would be different 3 years on is obvious.   Why don't we wait another ten years and it might be 30/70 leave then?

Young people don't realise by voting remain they are going to find it harder and harder to get on the property ladder.

I don’t quite understand the people have died argument. How do we know who they voted for? Of course in older people it’ll be higher, but I think people assume it’s 100% leave voters. Like they assume 16-18 yrs vote to remain, but yet a poll shows it’s not that clear cut.

I personally am not here to overturn the result (but I’d like that), but instead ask that question again with a clear vision. There is no way on earth MP’s could ignore the public if they voted to leave again.

The horrible thing about this is that an election could leave us in exactly the same position where no decisions can be made.

And btw, for balance, I don’t like the taking no deal off the table turns GE option, cake and eating it comes to mind. Sadly, the opposition have been forced into that because of Cummings and Boris. Hence, why they aren’t voting for an election.

I deliberated posted this arron to prove how clueless you are about this subject and you have fallen into the trap and bit like a proper fish.   You really aren't as smart or as clued up as you like to think.

The problem with what you say is that I’ve never claimed to be smart or “clued up”.

But you constantly belittle most people on this thread who don't agree with your ultra remain views.   That's my point.   You really aren't that smart.   I have trapped you like a good un and you fell into the trap.   Anyone with the slightest knowledge of this debate knows that remain would easily win now everything else being equal 2019 to 2016 for the reasons i have stated yet you didn't think that.

I rarely comment on here even though i am much more informed than most because it has turned into a slagging match between extremes.    I am sure i am not the only one to just lol and watch rather than comment.   If you seriously don't realise how your uneducated biased posts come across then maybe you need to wake up.   I am not saying Woodsey or adz are any better the other way but i just wanted to test you as a leftie remainer to see how clued up you are and you clearly failed the simple test for anyone who knows what they are talking about on this subject.   You shout loud but you are clueless.   Just like most people on face book and other social media.   plenty beleive you and the real judges never challenge you because they don't read your nonsense.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20417 on: September 05, 2019, 10:05:39 PM »

A) Would you support it?

I rarely comment on here even though i am much more informed than most because it has turned into a slagging match between extremes.    I am sure i am not the only one to just lol and watch rather than comment.   If you seriously don't realise how your uneducated biased posts come across then maybe you need to wake up.   I am not saying Woodsey or adz are any better the other way but i just wanted to test you as a leftie remainer to see how clued up you are and you clearly failed the simple test for anyone who knows what they are talking about on this subject.   You shout loud but you are clueless.   Just like most people on face book and other social media.   plenty beleive you and the real judges never challenge you because they don't read your nonsense.

Yes Arb, I’m on one extreme. Hope this helps you.

I’m happy to find middle ground. I’m happy to vote for May’s deal, but hey, according to you I’m on one extreme.

Congrats.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20418 on: September 05, 2019, 10:21:57 PM »

A) Would you support it?

I’m happy to find middle ground. I’m happy to vote for May’s deal, but hey, according to you I’m on one extreme.

Congrats.

But the main point of my arugment is you are ill informed and relatiively clueless.   You bark like a massive remain fan and talk like you get the game but something as simple as understanding that the 52/48 would swing into your favour in 3 years just from common sense seems to have evaded your brain cell.   I can only assume from that that you aren't that smart.   I have never met you and given your sports betting posts which are pretty clueless i have 2 different angles to judge you as a mug.   I probably shouldn't say this because it might be deleted or get me banned but your views and comments just seem very brain dead across numerous subjects.   I appreciate i am a tory (but not as extreme as woodsey or adz) and i was neutral on the leave/remain vote just for balance so you might take it the wrong way because you run a ticket busiiness which made millions and you can hob nob with woodsey but it isn't about that for me.   
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20419 on: September 05, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »

Ps arron how are you a leftie remainer but effectvely a ticket tout?   A ticket tout when i was a kid was the ultimate extreme maggie fan of the free market?   Has the game really changed this much in 20 years?
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20420 on: September 05, 2019, 10:47:23 PM »

A) Would you support it?

Congrats.

But the main point of my arugment is you are ill informed and relatiively clueless.   You bark like a massive remain fan and talk like you get the game but something as simple as understanding that the 52/48 would swing into your favour in 3 years just from common sense seems to have evaded your brain cell.   I can only assume from that that you aren't that smart.   I have never met you and given your sports betting posts which are pretty clueless i have 2 different angles to judge you as a mug.   I probably shouldn't say this because it might be deleted or get me banned but your views and comments just seem very brain dead across numerous subjects.   I appreciate i am a tory (but not as extreme as woodsey or adz) and i was neutral on the leave/remain vote just for balance so you might take it the wrong way because you run a ticket busiiness which made millions and you can hob nob with woodsey but it isn't about that for me.   

Hey Arb, think you’re struggling mate.

Firstly, I’d vote for May’s deal, secondly I don’t agree with taking no deal off the table. Perhaps you missed that, but that’s cool. You talk about any potential next vote, but yet her I am not assuming anything because remain was 1/5 last time and they ‘lost’.

Again, you’re still struggling that you keep on going on about tickets. I’m not a ticket tout, neither did my mommy business turn over millions. But you know the saying, you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #20421 on: September 06, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »

Has anyone called the police?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20422 on: September 06, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »

Has anyone called the police?

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #20423 on: September 06, 2019, 10:10:20 AM »

Raise  Wink

Click to see full-size image.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20424 on: September 06, 2019, 10:18:52 AM »

3 bet;

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20425 on: September 06, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »

Good morning all,

4:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/boris-johnson-criticised-for-using-police-as-backdrop-to-speech-1.4009835%3fmode=amp

I think Sedwill should have intervened immediately when he announced he had decided to pretend yesterday was the first day of a GE campaign. Surely a court needs to judge whether it’s unlawful just from a funding POV, let alone what the clown ended up doing.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20426 on: September 06, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »

Good morning all,

4:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/boris-johnson-criticised-for-using-police-as-backdrop-to-speech-1.4009835%3fmode=amp

I think Sedwill should have intervened immediately when he announced he had decided to pretend yesterday was the first day of a GE campaign. Surely a court needs to judge whether it’s unlawful just from a funding POV, let alone what the clown ended up doing.

Get over yourself. It was a speech planned to launch the campaign to recruit an extra 20,000 officers. Which, according to Diane Abbott will only cost £3.59. If he had spoken about nothing else he would have been criticised for not being prepared to talk about the current Leave generated impasse.

btw, if you had forgotten how sharp Ms Abbott was on the simple question of police recruitment, this captures it’s essence really well. It’s from your favoured source too.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/02/diane-abbott-has-several-numbers-on-police-costs-sadly-they-are-all-wrong

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20427 on: September 06, 2019, 11:34:36 AM »

Good morning all,

4:

Get over yourself. It was a speech planned to launch the campaign to recruit an extra 20,000 officers. Which, according to Diane Abbott will only cost £3.59. If he had spoken about nothing else he would have been criticised for not being prepared to talk about the current Leave generated impasse.

btw, if you had forgotten how sharp Ms Abbott was on the simple question of police recruitment, this captures it’s essence really well. It’s from your favoured source too.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/02/diane-abbott-has-several-numbers-on-police-costs-sadly-they-are-all-wrong

lol, I’ve read The Guardian about twice in my life, I’ve read The Times and the FT more like ~ 4000 times. I read the odd Guardian article that gets sent my way, it’s not my favoured source. Dianne Abbot says silly things under pressure (or at least she definitely did a long time ago), yawn.

We hear the word undemocratic quite a bit and no doubt there’s scope for some different interpretation. Trying to stop people voting would do ok as a textbook example of something that’s undemocratic:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/general-election-date-aimed-to-restrict-student-vote-boris-johnson-aides-admit-g7zh5s7td?fbclid=IwAR2GcrC1DN3OS6cWKK4JJMcbc2-2qy1uNsD7rsNIM_QJEPsshjw7SDkdS_0
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #20428 on: September 06, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »

We hear the word undemocratic quite a bit and no doubt there’s scope for some different interpretation. Trying to stop people voting would do ok as a textbook example of something that’s undemocratic:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/general-election-date-aimed-to-restrict-student-vote-boris-johnson-aides-admit-g7zh5s7td?fbclid=IwAR2GcrC1DN3OS6cWKK4JJMcbc2-2qy1uNsD7rsNIM_QJEPsshjw7SDkdS_0

But isn't the earlier election date what the 'remain' faction wanted?

I don't see how a week or two is going to make much of a difference so isn't the alternative to an early election date one that is after the EU deadline?

Isn't this just an admission that they might gain a small advantage from that rather than some Machiavellian strategy they aimed for?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20429 on: September 06, 2019, 11:55:02 AM »

But isn't the earlier election date what the 'remain' faction wanted?

I don't see how a week or two is going to make much of a difference so isn't the alternative to an early election date one that is after the EU deadline?

Isn't this just an admission that they might gain a small advantage from that rather than some Machiavellian strategy they aimed for?

It should be the priority of everyone to do everything they can to maximise voter turnout. Even someone as unimportant as me spends time encouraging people who I know are Tories/leavers (and all other political persuasions) to vote.
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 1360 1361 [1362] 1363 1364 1365 1366 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: