blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:02:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 255994 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: May 06, 2015, 09:46:53 PM »

Just to check...are you aware of the reasons why running a surplus would be a terrible idea?

Afraid I'm not aware, why would it be terrible? I think Germany has run a surplus for the last three years and the UK had one for 3 years under Blair. Was it terrible then too or just if there was one in the future?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 06, 2015, 09:57:41 PM »

Just to check...are you aware of the reasons why running a surplus would be a terrible idea?

Afraid I'm not aware, why would it be terrible? I think Germany has run a surplus for the last three years and the UK had one for 3 years under Blair. Was it terrible then too or just if there was one in the future?

I think I phrased my initial comment badly. Aiming to achieve a surplus over the course of a parliament from the current position would be devastating to the country, the public sector and to the fledgling "recovery". I think the various links in The Huffington Post link explain things well. 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 06, 2015, 10:07:32 PM »

I don't believe that even the Conservatives would ever allow the DUP to share government with them. They know who the DUP are. You can't have people like that in the British cabinet.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 06, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »

Arbboy you are such a condescending nob.  

You seriously can't believe the utter bollocks you type.  

I don't expect people like you to agree with me.  Equally i don't expect to be called a nob.  I appreciate you have different views to me.  I don't call you a nob because of that.

Yep, you're offside here Kmac.

I don't think I am for the vast majority of what he has posted I disagree with but this nonsense today and the matter of fact attitude that comes along with it is so tilting.  

There is plenty wrong with the british left, which I am happy to discuss, but I wouldn't entertain any of what Arb has said today, using words like factual.  lol.  

Make him look like a nob by trumping all his arguments.

Calling him a nob is like admitting he has won.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 06, 2015, 11:57:52 PM »

It's been hard to pick a way through all the nonsense but I think I've decided who I'm going to vote for now.

As yet, I've never voted for the winning party so I'm hoping that I can finally get a win under my belt.

sola virtus nobilitat
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 07, 2015, 06:34:18 AM »

Less than a week ago I was absolutely certain about my vote for this election. Had been for a long time. My vote counts this time round. The incumbent had a 322 majority last time.

I'm wavering now having read the last five pages. DMorgan's post was outstanding and much of the rest was careful shoehorning of available 'facts' into support of a spurious argument about so-called success.

I want a fairer society, a society that genuinely looks after those who, for no fault of their own, need some support. I'd prefer that support to come from the state.

I want to vote for a party that will aim to improve the lot of the whole of our population. A party with an obviously visible social conscience if you will.

But in order to achieve that aim there must be a level of basic ability to govern. I don't want to vote in a bunch of ideologues with no idea about the process of achieving their goals. Nor do I want to vote in a party that would be forced into making deals with Nicky S.

That seems to leave me back where I started, with what I see as the least bad choice. Plus a MP who has been very visible in his efforts to get things done for the area.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 07, 2015, 10:10:58 AM »

The "forced to make a deal with the SNP" is a red herring.

Because of the constitutional changes last year the SNP would actually have to vote (or willfully abstain) in a vote of confidence to bring down a government.  They have a mandate to do this to the Tories, but not to Labour.  So they would be branded as the party that gave the Tories a chance in a second election if they caused it. 

In short, they would need some huge Scottish issue to bring down Labour i.e. Trident removal/replacement doesn't fit the bill.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 07, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »

Just heading out for work and a group of labour people were knocking on doors left and right of me obviously making sure people actually go and vote. Skipped me again, wonder if they know I'm a no hoper for them? never spoken to any of them so how could they know?  
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 07, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »

It's because you had your fox hunting outfit on Woodsey.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1389 on: May 07, 2015, 01:32:28 PM »

Assuming the exit polls tell us that it is too close to call, and going to be a hung parliament. How late am I going to have to stay up to find out the likely direction of results?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 07, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »

Assuming the exit polls tell us that it is too close to call, and going to be a hung parliament. How late am I going to have to stay up to find out the likely direction of results?

2-3am for a good indication

may not know for sure until 6am

may not know the shape of the next government for weeks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 07, 2015, 01:38:29 PM »

If the opinion polls are correct you could be up all night....

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/05/whats-worth-staying-election-night

Looks like by 3am there will be enough marginals declaring to have some idea, even if the idea is that is going to be a complete mess!

I am planning staying up for the lot, but I normally do as I find election night fascinating with the various results and tired politicians being put on the spot.

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 07, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »

This thread is a classic.

Arbboy would you marry denise?

Dmorgan just understands life.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 07, 2015, 02:43:15 PM »

Just heading out for work and a group of labour people were knocking on doors left and right of me obviously making sure people actually go and vote. Skipped me again, wonder if they know I'm a no hoper for them? never spoken to any of them so how could they know?  

Only one leaflet yesterday and one this morning telling me what to do, where to go,helpline number etc lol.......both labour.

and this is in a safe London Labour seat.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 07, 2015, 03:02:19 PM »

They will only be knocking on the doors of known Labour supporters - sounds like you're surrounded!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: