blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:30:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 192236 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 09, 2014, 08:20:58 PM »

Excellent, so many good lines..

"I didn’t watch the first debate because I hadn’t actually heard of Scotland at the time.."

sola virtus nobilitat
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 09, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »

Well this is a poker forum  Wink

Click to see full-size image.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 09, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »

Personally long term I hope Scotland wins the vote and becomes independent because it will make it so much more unlikely that England will ever have to suffer a labour government again as I am a devout Tory.  However I have significant financial interest in this election based on what I consider to be a reasonably well balanced view point and what I hope happens financially in the short term isn't necessarily my views longer term. I think this is why politics betting provides potentially such rich rewards to the unbiased observer as the pie chart produced earlier on TFT shows how emotional most punters are on such matters.

Yet more nonsense.  If England wants a Labour government it will get a Labour Government.  Are you attempting to re-write history? 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 09, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »

Personally long term I hope Scotland wins the vote and becomes independent because it will make it so much more unlikely that England will ever have to suffer a labour government again as I am a devout Tory.  However I have significant financial interest in this election based on what I consider to be a reasonably well balanced view point and what I hope happens financially in the short term isn't necessarily my views longer term. I think this is why politics betting provides potentially such rich rewards to the unbiased observer as the pie chart produced earlier on TFT shows how emotional most punters are on such matters.

Yet more nonsense.  If England wants a Labour government it will get a Labour Government.  Are you attempting to re-write history?  

You are right they will still get one but England will have to want one so much more harder if Scotland are not present in the equation to actually get one and win probably 40 seats more than if Scotland were still in the club. You bite too easily kmac you are worse than my brother when he was seven for winding up.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:36:48 PM by arbboy » Logged
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »

Surely an independent Scotland that keeps the rUK pound is an oxymoron

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »

Personally long term I hope Scotland wins the vote and becomes independent because it will make it so much more unlikely that England will ever have to suffer a labour government again as I am a devout Tory.  However I have significant financial interest in this election based on what I consider to be a reasonably well balanced view point and what I hope happens financially in the short term isn't necessarily my views longer term. I think this is why politics betting provides potentially such rich rewards to the unbiased observer as the pie chart produced earlier on TFT shows how emotional most punters are on such matters.

Yet more nonsense.  If England wants a Labour government it will get a Labour Government.  Are you attempting to re-write history?  

You are right they will still get one but England will have to want one so much more harder if Scotland are not present in the equation to actually get one and win probably 40 seats more than if Scotland were still in the club. You bite too easily kmac you are worse than my brother when he was seven for winding up.

I just sniff out bulshit.  I have a very low tolerance level to it.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:04 PM »

We have done this one several times already.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »

Its not the rUK £.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 09, 2014, 08:42:40 PM »

What bs are you sniffing? If Scotland leave the uk it's 1000% fact that is way more unlikely everything else being equal that a labour government will be returned. Even someone as deluded and one dimensional as you must realise that. It's a simple numbers game.  If I offered you 2/1 the no vote you wouldn't back it because you are not logical. I get that it's not a problem but please stop making ur self look silly with your comments.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:45:55 PM by arbboy » Logged
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 09, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »

What bs are you sniffing? If Scotland leave the uk it's 1000% fact that is way more unlikely everything else being equal that a labour government will be returned. Even someone as deluded and one dimensional as you must realise that. It's a simple numbers game.  If I offered you 2/1 the no vote you wouldn't back it because you are not logical. I get that it's not a problem but please stop making ur self look silly with your comments.

White noise. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 09, 2014, 10:15:03 PM »

i dont understand what that means.  Feel free to actually answer my statement and why it is bullshit though!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 09, 2014, 10:33:18 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/09/yes-vote-in-scotland-most-dangerous-thing-of-all-hope?CMP=twt_gu

A quite excellent article.  Monibot may have his faults and critics but this is an excellent piece.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 09, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »

i dont understand what that means.  Feel free to actually answer my statement and why it is bullshit though!

I honestly can't be bothered, some people just arent worth the time and effort. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 09, 2014, 10:50:11 PM »

i dont understand what that means.  Feel free to actually answer my statement and why it is bullshit though!

I honestly can't be bothered, some people just arent worth the time and effort.  

It's not hard to explain what 'white noise' means to a middle england tory boy.  i appreicate its tough when u run into someone who doesn't just stand there and nod his head at you like most of ur door knocking punters in red scotland do.  It's more of a challenge surely though.  99% of your punters are just chicken feed.  Can't be a challenge for u surely?  maybe you don't like the challenge just the open goals to tap in living and campaigning in red labour scotland gives u!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:59:37 PM by arbboy » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 09, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/09/yes-vote-in-scotland-most-dangerous-thing-of-all-hope?CMP=twt_gu

A quite excellent article.  Monibot may have his faults and critics but this is an excellent piece.

Hope, yeah I hear that a lot about your sports teams also, we know how that usually works out  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:59:20 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: