blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:19:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 623054 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: October 22, 2013, 07:10:22 PM »

I can only assume you mis read the post Rich. The idea is to rank the players now and see how the trade stacks up in a draft pick analyser. It just happened that the trade you did would have featured players roughly ranked where they were drafted anyway.  What you have done is over rate where a good wr ranks in relation to the better rb's and there is no way that Manning is in the top ten. The reason that top rb's are ranked so highly is they score far more points than the good rbs, Manning is scoring lots of points but at his position there will be lots of other qbs that score well too, that's not going to be the case at rb by the end of the season.

The value is in how many points the players score in relation to others at their position, not just the number of points they have scored. Remember last years draft when the TE went high in a 2 TE league, the whole point is that those top ones would score far more points than the regular players in the TE position, it is the same with rb's and less so with wr's and qb's.

Only 5 rb's have scored over 100 points this year but 17 qb's have. No wr has scored more than 100 points so far and there are 15 points covering the top 15 wr's, that is why Bryant is worth much less in that trade than you have him in for and deffo not in the top 10 if you drafted now. Mathews is being outscored by another rb playing for the same team. So you have traded the number 1 pick in the draft who you have in as a number 4 pick now which might be right but taken a rb sharing points with another on his team and a wr you have over rated in the pecking order.

I have played in a league for about 8 years and last year with 2 games to go before the play offs were decided the guy that runs the league managed to trade Felix Jones ( when Murray was coming back)  and Dwayne Bowe when Kansas had almost run out of qb's for Dez Bryant and Cam Newton from a guy that had just looked at the scores they had got so far. Was abs ridic trade. The guy that runs the lge then won his last 2 matches in the reg season to sneak into the play offs and then Bryant and Newton went pointtastic at the end of the season and he won the whole league. This season players that have played that league for 8 years didn't rejoin because the whole league was compromised by trades like that where people had either given up or don't understand the difference in values between the different positions.

I understand the difference in points scoring and I understand that Woodhead is around, I also understand WRs are more homogenous than RBs in terms of scoring

I think your view is coloured by your experiences last season by the sounds of it

I don't think Sheriff liked being accused of being unfair and I didn't appreciate it being implied I was a mug

I still don't, and I am still not touching the team the rest of the season, so your attitude has cost this league one player for this and future seasons

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 22, 2013, 07:15:59 PM »

''At the risk of reopening a half opened can of worms, very few of us would take the reverse side of any trade we make. There can't be many trades - by definition - where both sides benefit''

Of course there can Tal, if the players are valued correctly then swapping a rb when you have plenty to a team that doesn't for a wr that you need and he doesn't can benefit both teams. But the 15th ranked rb is so much more valuable than the 10th ranked wr for example, if the trade is weighted correctly then it suits both teams.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »

I can only assume you mis read the post Rich. The idea is to rank the players now and see how the trade stacks up in a draft pick analyser. It just happened that the trade you did would have featured players roughly ranked where they were drafted anyway.  What you have done is over rate where a good wr ranks in relation to the better rb's and there is no way that Manning is in the top ten. The reason that top rb's are ranked so highly is they score far more points than the good rbs, Manning is scoring lots of points but at his position there will be lots of other qbs that score well too, that's not going to be the case at rb by the end of the season.

The value is in how many points the players score in relation to others at their position, not just the number of points they have scored. Remember last years draft when the TE went high in a 2 TE league, the whole point is that those top ones would score far more points than the regular players in the TE position, it is the same with rb's and less so with wr's and qb's.

Only 5 rb's have scored over 100 points this year but 17 qb's have. No wr has scored more than 100 points so far and there are 15 points covering the top 15 wr's, that is why Bryant is worth much less in that trade than you have him in for and deffo not in the top 10 if you drafted now. Mathews is being outscored by another rb playing for the same team. So you have traded the number 1 pick in the draft who you have in as a number 4 pick now which might be right but taken a rb sharing points with another on his team and a wr you have over rated in the pecking order.

I have played in a league for about 8 years and last year with 2 games to go before the play offs were decided the guy that runs the league managed to trade Felix Jones ( when Murray was coming back)  and Dwayne Bowe when Kansas had almost run out of qb's for Dez Bryant and Cam Newton from a guy that had just looked at the scores they had got so far. Was abs ridic trade. The guy that runs the lge then won his last 2 matches in the reg season to sneak into the play offs and then Bryant and Newton went pointtastic at the end of the season and he won the whole league. This season players that have played that league for 8 years didn't rejoin because the whole league was compromised by trades like that where people had either given up or don't understand the difference in values between the different positions.

I understand the difference in points scoring and I understand that Woodhead is around, I also understand WRs are more homogenous than RBs in terms of scoring

I think your view is coloured by your experiences last season by the sounds of it

I don't think Sheriff liked being accused of being unfair and I didn't appreciate it being implied I was a mug

I still don't, and I am still not touching the team the rest of the season, so your attitude has cost this league one player for this and future seasons

no no Rich, the person running the league has cost us the player if you are going to go down that route, please don't. My attitude is to make the game run properly and not let it decline into a 'who can stiff the most people league'.

What I find strange is you just seem to want to ignore the fact that Sheriff has just clearly sent out a load of bad trades trying it on yet complain at me for saying that is unfair.

Anyway, you won this week and I won this week and we would probably have lost without it so as I said the Karma was clear but that is only a one game sample and down the line it will affect the rest of the players.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 22, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »

''At the risk of reopening a half opened can of worms, very few of us would take the reverse side of any trade we make. There can't be many trades - by definition - where both sides benefit''

Of course there can Tal, if the players are valued correctly then swapping a rb when you have plenty to a team that doesn't for a wr that you need and he doesn't can benefit both teams. But the 15th ranked rb is so much more valuable than the 10th ranked wr for example, if the trade is weighted correctly then it suits both teams.

That's a valid example but I would venture to say that's very much the exception. What often happens, I suspect, is both sides are happy to get what they get but that one party benefits more than the other. Occasionally, it goes a step further and one person gets a rough deal. I know the last is your take of the AP deal and, frankly, I don't know enough about the ins and outs to challenge your, Sheriff's or TightEnd's view. All I know is not one of the three of you would press ACCEPT TRADE unless you'd given it some thought.

Now, I made a few selections on the waiver wire and from free agency in the first few weeks that I basically did purely on projected score being higher than the numbers my existing players were going to get. Had a trade come in for a player in the example you gave from your other league, I could have been that mug (granted, I'm blessed with the skepticism I mentioned earlier, so might have mistrusted the proposer).

I came into this league for two reasons. One was to have fun. The second was to learn as much about NFL as I can in a practical way. By the end of the season, I'll know rather more than I did when I handed over my money. Who the heck was Denard Robinson? I had to google my last four picks in the draft. Good job I had 90 seconds a time to find out.

Half way in, it's been a blast on both counts. I'm loving it. I have even developed my own theories on future player values. (Got me into trouble when I proposed a trade on that basis...) There should be debate about who has done best with trades, who has probably benched the highest scorer and who needs to pull their finger out. All part of the banter, right?

I hate people being unhappy in anything that is basically a game. The money doesn't really matter to any of us, I expect. I'd sooner not be involved in it either, if that's how it is. But I doubt it is, so can we now get on with having fun?

Some of us have to meet each other this weekend. I'm hoping people don't realise I'm a grumpy and miserable old man until at least Saturday...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 22, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »

Don't worry about that mate, we are all adults.

The worry is that starting point when being offered a trade is 'I am probably getting stitched up here' which is what happens when the lge descends into only bad trade offers. Last week I got offered a rb that shares carries for a bad team and a wr that is currently out with concussion and is barely fit anyway for Marshawn Lynch, the write up was along the lines of  'I feel we can work out a trade that suits as we can fill each others needs'

It was such an embarrassing offer that I just gave up on the conversation. That is what happens when the trading bar has been set so low. It's almost like the thrill of the trade is only stitching people up instead of working something that suits both sides.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 22, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »

Don't worry about that mate, we are all adults.

The worry is that starting point when being offered a trade is 'I am probably getting stitched up here' which is what happens when the lge descends into only bad trade offers. Last week I got offered a rb that shares carries for a bad team and a wr that is currently out with concussion and is barely fit anyway for Marshawn Lynch, the write up was along the lines of  'I feel we can work out a trade that suits as we can fill each others needs'

It was such an embarrassing offer that I just gave up on the conversation. That is what happens when the trading bar has been set so low. It's almost like the thrill of the trade is only stitching people up instead of working something that suits both sides.

Should I be offended that no one ever asks me for a trade?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 22, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »

Woahhhhhhhhhhh, woahhhh woahhhh.

Your PMs to me Bobby, were something along lines of 'i'll trade you Lynch and lolBradford for Ridley and Nelson, and in previous PM you had told me you would like to own Amendola at some point, so i offered you Ridley and Amendola.

If you want to talk about trade raping people - these were your exact words to me

'I would like to own Danny A but I need someone to play now, does Bradford for Nelson sound any good?'

SAM FUCKING BRADFORD FOR JORDY FUCKING NELSON, YEAH, U'LL BE ALRIGHT. WTF is that all about.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:44:46 PM by ChipRich » Logged

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 22, 2013, 08:39:03 PM »

Not bothered by being attempted to being trade raped, but coming on here abusing other peoples trades then offering things just as bad to other people is just totally ridic.

The leagues is about having fun, everyone was fine til you kicked off. If ppl wna do trades then thts upto them. Long as there is no cheating involved, which there obviously wasnt. If you dnt like an offer, reject and move on, simple as.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 08:44:17 PM by ChipRich » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 22, 2013, 08:52:19 PM »

Not bothered by being attempted to being trade raped, but coming on here abusing other peoples trades then offering things just as bad to other people is just totally out of order.

I said I didn't want Danny A as I have him in another league and it was getting to the stage where I had similar players in both leagues anyway. Do you see that PM?

I offered you a 2 for 2  and I wasn't even sure I wanted to trade that, the Bradford for Nelson was part of the reconciliation for Lynch and AN Other. So what you offered next was Fred Jackson and Danny A  or Ridley and Dinarius Moore. The problem Rich is when I told you I would trade Lynch you just offered players you could do without instead of what Lynch is worth.

Of those three trades which two are the worst mate?

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 22, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »

Helu

is it me your looking for?

Yes Roy, yes it is.

Get it quietly

Seeing a player you draft score a zillion points after you've dropped him must be the most annoying thing ever

at least you didnt pick him up from the waiver wire, only to drop him. then to have him played against you and subsequently single handedly cost you the god damn game.

fuck my life.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 22, 2013, 09:05:12 PM »

I just put a few out there 2 you and then i expected a negotiation after that, not a straight up ignoring. Also, no i dont seem to have that PM with you saying about getting to the stage of having same players in leagues.

Calling me out on the Ridley/Amendola offer when you offered me Bradford for Nelson is pretty unfair. This offer was before we knew that Amendola was definately out too. It's all about negotiating surely, if you dont like an offer but feel something can be done, then you can counter it back with something that you prefer more and go from there.

w/e anyways. no deal can be done i guess.

Btw, still open to offers everyone.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 22, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »

I'm starting to look healthy in comparison to most of our team!

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 22, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »

I'm starting to look healthy in comparison to most of our team!

LOOOL

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 22, 2013, 11:23:26 PM »

I just put a few out there 2 you and then i expected a negotiation after that, not a straight up ignoring. Also, no i dont seem to have that PM with you saying about getting to the stage of having same players in leagues.

Calling me out on the Ridley/Amendola offer when you offered me Bradford for Nelson is pretty unfair. This offer was before we knew that Amendola was definately out too. It's all about negotiating surely, if you dont like an offer but feel something can be done, then you can counter it back with something that you prefer more and go from there.

w/e anyways. no deal can be done i guess.

Btw, still open to offers everyone.

ok mate.

You are right, there was no need to call you out. Sorry I did that Rich.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 23, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »

Thanks for your promptness in processing the trade sherif

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: