blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272714 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 692 693 [694] 695 696 697 698 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6364968 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10395 on: November 12, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »

Iron's right.  No way it could have been the night of the DTD Blonde Bash.  We spent all week-end sunning ourselves out the back.  Might want to have a proper read of the notice you received.  If they're claiming those dates, they've made an error. 

Tikay mis-read?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: November 12, 2008, 09:31:13 AM »

Iron's right.  No way it could have been the night of the DTD Blonde Bash.  We spent all week-end sunning ourselves out the back.  Might want to have a proper read of the notice you received.  If they're claiming those dates, they've made an error. 

Tikay mis-read?

I think so, 7 months ago makes it April where from memory we did get bad weather in Nottingham around Easter. Blonde bash was in mid May.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: November 12, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »

bash was 10-11 May...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: November 12, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »

I think it was a DTD 321 weekend.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: November 12, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

I think it was a DTD 321 weekend.

I think it was first weekend of feb

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: November 12, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »

The summons says April but good guess! Whenever it was he's guilty as charged and should be taken away in handcuffs, although to punish Tikay you should probably just sit him next to a drunk. Should send him doolally within a few hours! Cheesy
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: November 12, 2008, 05:11:37 PM »

The summons says April but good guess! Whenever it was he's guilty as charged and should be taken away in handcuffs, although to punish Tikay you should probably just sit him next to a drunk. Should send him doolally within a few hours! Cheesy

I'm not so sure about that.

The last time he sat next to a drunk for eight hours straight he came back the next day and cashed for £11K.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10402 on: November 12, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

wheres kendall with the tourney report?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10403 on: November 12, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »

speak of the devil
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: November 12, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »

Lol - imminent. Prepare to be bored.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: November 12, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

Lol - imminent. Prepare to be bored.

Sounds like he's sent Tracey round to visit you Rick  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: November 12, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »

I'll ansewer all the comments etc tomorrow, (thank you for them), too much on tonight, I'm doing PTP at 7pm.

Well, I managed to bullet-dodge to £11k. Here's a few low-lights, given that Rick gave me the excuse to tell you.

My starting table was a peach of a Table, as soft as they come, & I managed to get a great start in this odd coup, in which, unusually, I ran a bluff that actully worked, (a first?) & got my oppo off K-K.

I had A-A very first hand, Button Raised, I RR, job done.

Three hands in, it went limp x 4, then Rockity Rock in BB Raised it to 300. I KNOW she has a big hand, out of position early doors, da de da. Call, Call, OK, I have  , let's see what happens, as I have the button.

It came J-J-8, one spade. Immediately, I'm thinking I'll rep the J.

K-K bets the Pot, I ham-dwell & then smooth it.

The turn brings a second spade - K-K now checks. Ha! - I got it now, I'm sure. I bet two-thirds the pot, KK sighs, Passes, & shows.

I show my hand (not sure why) - I have the K Flush-draw, & now comes the odd bit.

K-K now says to me, a trifle narked - perhaps understandably - "how could you call with that - what did you think I had?".

And this is such a common misconception - that because you call or Raise with poo, you think you are winning. I simply thought, well, I have position, let's see what develops, maybe I can wrest this away if the board comes scary. As you do.

So, 7k has become 10k, let's splash around for a while now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: November 12, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »

The Table remained very soft, & so I adopted a Raise or Pass only approach, & 10k soon became 15k, with no drama.

Ian Woodley then arrived, bugger.

Here's one of his hands (not involving me).....

Woodley Raises, Super Rock re-pops to 1,200, Woodley smooths.

It comes 9-9-7.

Super Rock has Aces (I fancy Woodley put him on AA or KK), & Woodley has.....Q-9 suited. Super-Rock's face was a picture. As was Woodley's, when Turn & River came running Aces.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: November 12, 2008, 06:40:12 PM »

Now, Key Hand 1.

Just how lucky did I get here? I don't know the odds, but I was extraordinarily lucky to win this, & that's despite - arguably - a shocking play by me.

I Raise to 900, UTG with  , & it's no surprise to get looked up by Woodley, we've been tussling a lot. He has the same hand as me, off-suit, including one diamond.

It comes....

Woodley does some theatricals, & a bunch of speech play. Then moves ALL-IN, for 5k more. Hmm.

Well, I have 15k (average is 8.5k), I'm catching cards for fun, & Woodley does a big speech-play job on me. I'm on serious dwellage here - he could do this with air. A crowd gathers round the table, the speech-play gets hilarious - "hurry up straw-head, your nurse will be here soon". Bugger it, I have an up & down, top end, & two overs, either or both of which may be dead outs. CALL. And, incredibly - it's amazing how ONE card can change a hand so - but a Heart turned, to give me the Freeroll flush draw. And another heart Rivered, & Woodley is busto. Well played you ****, says The Man, with, as ever, a broad smile. If a Diamond had Turned, HE would be on the Frereoll!

How lucky was that? As to my Call - probably a bad call, I think most might suggest. But I just had messing about chips, & was hitting.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:51:25 PM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: November 12, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »

He had KQo ?

Pages: 1 ... 690 691 692 693 [694] 695 696 697 698 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: