blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6298 6299 6300 6301 [6302] 6303 6304 6305 6306 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13493334 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #94515 on: January 31, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »

Cheers for the sweat on sharapova mere as well.

She wasn't far away in that 2nd set but her serve was just to good

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94516 on: January 31, 2015, 11:12:47 AM »

Serena Williams wins the final 6-3, 7-6(5).
A shame for those who had the intestinal fortitude to stick with Ms Sharapova.
I'd say that she played nearly as well as she can.

Williams served 18 aces in 68 service points; i.e. more frequently than 1 every four points.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #94517 on: January 31, 2015, 12:08:35 PM »

Thanks for a decent sweat on Ms Sharapova, Mere.

My intestinal fortitude came to it's senses last night when I laid a bit of 1/2 Serena, so I ended up with almost a freeroll. It was a great match too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94518 on: January 31, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »

A powerhouse match-up for Superbowl 49, featuring the Seattle Seahawks against the New England Patriots.

Recommendations (£5-20 each)

Under 24 1st half points @10/11 Bet365

Under 47.5points @ 10/11 BetVictor

First touchdown scorer: LeGarrette Blount 12-1 BetVictor/Coral.

Superbowl MVP: LeGarrette Blount 25-1 William Hill.

Superbowl MVP (Defensive player fliers) Kam Chancellor 40-1, Jamie Collins 150-1

First Scoring Play: Seahawks field goal 4-1 BetVictor/Ladbrokes/Coral

national anthem length over 121.5 11/10 PP if we can get on

The outright

Immediately after the second conference game ended, with a decisive New England win, the Seahawks opened 3 point favourites. Within hours the game was a “pick-em” and the line has settled with New England very slight favourites.

Since they drafted Russell Wilson, the Seahawks are 10-1 ATS as underdogs. I am a bit wary of going against Belichick's fantastic game planning and earlier in the week wanted the Patriots but if the Seahawks go off as a dog, i'd be looking the other way i think particularly with the public having pounded the Patriots.  think the late sharps will come for Seattle

It is a tantalising match-up for what will almost certainly be a very close game. Seattle won an amazing NFC Conference game, are the first Superbowl winner to make the next season’s game for ten years and feature the league’s top rushing attack and leading defense.

New England are in their sixth Superbowl (from eight conference games) in 13 years under the Belichick/Brady combination, looking for a fourth superbowl win in that time having won their division 13 years on the spin. That is unprecedented in a league with free agency meaning teams are constantly broken up, a college draft that sends the best young players in any given year to the worst NFL teams the year before and a league ethos that promotes parity.

What are the keys to watch for?

Seattle’s best chance is their running game, which led the league this season and features Marshawn Lynch who is the best running back in the league at gaining yards after contact.

The importance of Lynch is because Seattle’s passing game is comparatively poor. It was shut down for 55 minutes by Green Bay playing “man to man” coverage and the Patriots have the best man coverage in football. The Seahawks’ passing attack has to beat the best cornerback in the league Darrelle Revis, who will shadow Doug Baldwin, eliminating Russell Wilson’s top target.

Most likely, Wilson will have to look away from Baldwin. The Patriots will use two safeties to help coverage—a tactic the Patriots use often and will certainly employ against the mobile Wilson— and not many will expect Jermaine Kearse consistently separating from Brandon Browner, or Ricardo Lockette shaking free from Kyle Arrington and a safety?

Because receivers will have such trouble getting open, Russell Wilson’s ability to improvise is key. This season 17% of his rushing attempts and 23% of his rushing yards came in the fourth quarter (or overtime) when it was an eight-point game or closer. In crunch time, Wilson becomes a more aggressive and more dangerous runner.

On the other side of the ball the Patriots are at their best when their underneath, short-area passing game is clicking with Brady connecting with Julian Edelman, or when Rob Gronkowski is working the middle of the field. If either of these two gets rolling, the Patriots will be able to move the ball and score on a Seahawks defense that has allowed less than 10 points per contest during their current eight-game winning streak.

If the suffocating Seattle defense can take away these patterns and force Brady to throw deep Seattle will be in much better shape.

Another key battle is taking away the Patriots’ power running game. It racked up 177 yards against an undersized Colts front seven. The Seahawks don’t have the biggest Defensive line either. If LeGarrette Blount has a big night the Patriots will be tough to stop.

Points over/unders

The books opened the Super Bowl total at 49, and public money was quick to pound the over. Within an hour of opening, 62% of bettors were taking the over yet the total actually slipped to 48.5. This reverse line movement was a good and reliable indicator that sharp money likes the under in Super Bowl XLIX. The points line has settled at 47-48

Betting the under during the postseason has been a historically profitable strategy and this match up does suggest that it might be again. Two strong defenses, one limited offense and the other more explosive offense, New England, will have their best chance to beat Seattle’s defense not with big plays but with long drives fuelled by the rushing attack. The Patriots, with their six-man O-lines, are equipped to play that way.

Turnovers are vital in superbowls, both teams create far more than they give away (both 75-80 conceded, 125-130 won in the last three years) and i think this will lead to some conservative play-calling in the first half, and the first half under at 24 is an attractive bet

Prop bets

The Superbowl is a great event for those looking for both player props and quirky bets where you will be offered bets on anything from the length of the national anthem to the colour of the Gatorade that will be thrown on the winning coach

Prop betting in a Bill Belichick game is normally to be avoided. He is so innovative, with game plans full of unexpected wrinkles, but it’s the superbow!

Here is a selection I alighted on, from the perspective of someone who will be backing Unders and with the key trends identified above for likely game-flow

First touchdown scorer: LeGarrette Blount 12-1 BetVictor. This compares to Lynch priced up at 7-1. The Patriots power runner, will be employed on goal-line plays with a game plan that should feature long drives against the Seattle defense that takes most vertical passing attacks away

First Scoring Play: Seahawks field goal 4-1 BetVictor. The Patriots routinely defer possession on winning the toss. Seattle are likely to have the ball first (its no certainty they defer if they win the toss) and a field goal is more likely than a touchdown on their first possession without an explosive offense

Superbowl MVP: LeGarrette Blount 25-1 William Hill. There are three overwhelming favourites for this award. Both quarterbacks and Marshawn Lynch head the market, reasonably enough. We will be on unders though, and might expect a more defensive battle than one which features both quarterbacks throwing multiple touchdowns. Blount is 25-1, Lynch 11-2 and both will be the focus of his team’s offense.

alternatives if the seahawks stop Blount are Edelman 28-1 and Vereen 100-1

the basic problem any receiver, tight end or receiving running back have in winning the mvp is that the quarterback is part of the play. in 48 superbowls, qb's have won 27, and 11 of the last 20.

this could be a real defensive arm wrestle though and i like kam chancellor in a high profile seattle secondary (to stop gronkowski) at 40-1 (sherman and earl thomas are banged up, otherwise they might feature here too ) and jamie collins (who will need a huge game against marshawn lynch) at 150-1 as defensive fliers, trying to find some value against brady and wilson who are 4/9 dutched

national anthem length

idina menzel has some form

in 2014 she sang at the mlb all star game and her national anthem was 1.59, a plain vanilla version

in front of 110 million viewers, won't she go a bit diva and elongate a note or two? we only need to find three seconds for overs (121-123 seconds) to land

that said in jan 2008 she did a national anthem at an nfl game in well under 2 minutes, drowned out by a fly past

tomorrow's pre-game has a fly past too

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:19:26 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94519 on: January 31, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »

The Dazzler

Sent to: TightEnd on: January 30, 2015, 08:35:04 PM »
   Reply with quote Reply Remove this message
Hi Tighty,
I don't know much about cricket but a couple of mates of mine play for Malahide Cricket club.
They both reckon that Max Sorensen is a very good bet for top Irish wicket taker at the WC.
http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/world-cup/ireland/top-bowler
They reckon Young + Dockrell are nailed on and it's between Sorensen + Chase for the other main bowling spot with all the other candidates as part time bowlers.
They say that Sorensen is the more experienced of the 2 players for Ireland and they expect him to get the nod. Chase plays for Malahide btw.
They reckon Young is fav and it's a pick em between Dockrell + Sorensen close behind that.
Ladbrokes seems to somewhat agree with their analysis.
So I guess it's a recommend from me. I dunno how much. £10?
You can put it up on Tips for Tikay after you get on if you like. If you don't have any accounts of those offering 12/1, you can have a £10 of mine @ 10/1 from Corals.
If you don't fancy it, no probs. Like I say, I'm pretty clueless on cricket.

Icc Cricket World Cup - Top Team Bowlers
Top Ireland Tournament Tournament Bowler
   Sorensen, Max    12/1    
Total stake   £ 10.00
Estimated return   £ 130.00
Full stake   £ 10.00
Full estimated return   £ 130.00

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94520 on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »

Tighty,

That's a cracking Super Bowl write up, thank you.

I think we ought to have a decent basket of bets on the game, we do OK at it, & we get value bets from you & others. Don't mind investing a sensible amount, if it is spread across a bunch of bets (rather than just one big bet), somewhere between £200 £400 in total, would you agree? 

I would suggest we await feedback from others, & if no disssension, then load up accordingly, as you see fit.

Really looking forward to watching the game & sweating a few fun bets. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #94521 on: January 31, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »

no form view on this at all but was reading the RP this morning and the top weight in the 205 Ffos the jockey hasn't ridden for a week on trainers instructions to protect his 7lb claim for this big race (he is one win away from losing his claim).  Surely a tip in itself in a race where several are out of the handicap proper.  Taking 7lb off the top weight in heavy conditions are Ffos surely a big edge with effectively a 'pro' jockey on board bar the one win.

Thoughts welcome.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:37:07 PM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94522 on: January 31, 2015, 12:38:32 PM »

Tighty,

That's a cracking Super Bowl write up, thank you.

I think we ought to have a decent basket of bets on the game, we do OK at it, & we get value bets from you & others. Don't mind investing a sensible amount, if it is spread across a bunch of bets (rather than just one big bet), somewhere between £200 £400 in total, would you agree? 

I would suggest we await feedback from others, & if no disssension, then load up accordingly, as you see fit.

Really looking forward to watching the game & sweating a few fun bets. 

hopefully a few other people will have ideas

once we are quorate with a representative selection i will pick some from each person and do a package of bets, much like we would do on a golf major

i don't want to just do my ideas, but ideas (generally, across sports) seem in short supply at the moment

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94523 on: January 31, 2015, 12:40:39 PM »

no form view on this at all but was reading the RP this morning and the top weight in the 205 Ffos the jockey hasn't ridden for a week on trainers instructions to protect his 7lb claim for this big race (he is one win away from losing his claim).  Surely a tip in itself in a race where several are out of the handicap proper.  Taking 7lb off the top weight in heavy conditions are Ffos surely a big edge with effectively a 'pro' jockey on board bar the one win.

Thoughts welcome.

Silsol, 10/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ffos-las/14:05/winner

14 runners

is "protecting the claim" in these circumstances common and a good indicator?

My eyes are open wide
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94524 on: January 31, 2015, 12:43:23 PM »

►Who do you admire the most?  Blondepoker survey

(will only take a few minutes of your time thumbs up)

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #94525 on: January 31, 2015, 01:27:13 PM »

10 aces in her first 38 service points for Serena Williams.

Thank you Vince.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #94526 on: January 31, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »

no form view on this at all but was reading the RP this morning and the top weight in the 205 Ffos the jockey hasn't ridden for a week on trainers instructions to protect his 7lb claim for this big race (he is one win away from losing his claim).  Surely a tip in itself in a race where several are out of the handicap proper.  Taking 7lb off the top weight in heavy conditions are Ffos surely a big edge with effectively a 'pro' jockey on board bar the one win.

Thoughts welcome.

Silsol, 10/1

14 runners

Got walloped LTO by RoR, but that was a graded race.

Got top weight to begin with, so the 7 off is definitely a bonus.

Horse opened at 6/1, so has been pretty friendless in the market.

It's Nicholls, so can have a bit of my Aaron Donald money that's coming Grin

nuros

View Profile
« Reply #94527 on: January 31, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »

Nice long write up there tighty looking forward to reading it when I get home thx:)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94528 on: January 31, 2015, 02:26:54 PM »

For NFL fans (and everybody else), don't forget to enter this:

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64863.0

You can even play for free and just have the fun of trying to beat Tighty.
Imagine the bragging rights: "I beat Tighty in an NFL guessing tipping competition".

It requires no NFL knowledge/judgement to enter and should liven up the advert breaks during the match.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94529 on: January 31, 2015, 02:31:38 PM »

Thoughts welcome.

Silsol, 10/1

14 runners

Got walloped LTO by RoR, but that was a graded race.

Got top weight to begin with, so the 7 off is definitely a bonus.

Horse opened at 6/1, so has been pretty friendless in the market.

It's Nicholls, so can have a bit of my Aaron Donald money that's coming Grin

i've done a little bit e/w at 10-1 off thread, as it doesn't seem definitivie enough to go on here

coming up shortly

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 6298 6299 6300 6301 [6302] 6303 6304 6305 6306 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: