blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:20:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179530 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 16, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »

They had a career guidance counsellor at the school the other day.  All of the students were given a sheet of paper with some questions on it.  The main question being 'What is your career goal?' 

"I'm only 15 Mom!  I've two more years of school before I even get to university.  How am I supposed to know what I want to do in six years time?!  Ah well, we all put down 'teacher' anyway...to keep her off our backs."

Sinéad's no fool.  She has ideas.  The same kid has been researching every possibility based on her strengths and weaknesses with two years now.  She just wants to see how the next couple of years play out before she makes her thoughts known.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:04 AM »

Vet?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 16, 2010, 10:25:40 AM »

Vet?

Sarah will most likely be the one to head that route.  She's the bubbly one of the three and she's doing well with her school work too.  In fact, she's the only one of them to carry on with honours maths.  She'll work her tail off, won't be afraid to ask for help and her grades prove it. 

Sinéad's going to be a tough one to figure out.  She's a bit like I was growing up.  Tomboy with brains to burn.  Huge into sports and loves to travel.  She's a quiet but determined one.  And yes...I was quiet too growing up!  lol  Only difference being, Sinéad has listened to me (shock horror) and hopefully won't go down the same path I took.  They know how stupid I feel for blowing off that scholarship back in the day.  This is their shot.  Take it while they can.

Thing is, all three are smiling.  They have dual citizenship so their options are wide open for them.  All they have to do is buckle down for a few more years and they can do whatever they like in just about any country they'd like to go. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 16, 2010, 10:29:48 AM »

I've never been in one of these planes before.  But I will be on Friday.  Hope they give out parachutes as well as drinks and snacks.

Click to see full-size image.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 16, 2010, 12:11:28 PM »

I find myself at a crossroads.  Been hunting for a job, but running into walls all around me.  For anything decent which I'm qualified to do, I'm either too old now (marv) or have been out of the work force too long to be considered (double marv).  I don't want to be stuck in something I'll hate, just for the sake of having a job.  So I've something new in mind.

Going to take lots of time, but not so much to finish the qualification as such.  The roadblock is my eyes.  I wear contacts.  Been blind as a bat since I was very young.  Can't even see a foot in front of me without them.  But the gig I'd like to go back to requires getting laser surgery on my eyes.  It was the reason I held back from it all those years ago.  Well, older and a bit wiser...plus unable to get a job doing something I enjoy, means I've started to save for the laser works. 

What's the gig I'm on about?  Well, back in the day I worked at a resident summer camp as an assistant swimming instructor for 'special needs' children.  I absolutely LOVED that job!  I was never able to get the full lifeguard cert though because of my eyesight.  Hence the 'assistant' title.  I'm only one fecking 12 week class away from that full lifeguard cert and have no excuses now...apart from the damn laser surgery. 

Ireland is great for it's special needs programmes.  They really come out in force to back things like that up.  I've done the research.  Soooooooooo, I'm saving up for the laser surgery.  I already know where I can get the lifeguard course.  It's only 20 minutes down the road from me.  While I'm saving, I will mostly get back into the pool and get in shape so I'm well ready for the course once I have the eyes done.  I want that cert by May.  This gives me 8 months to get in shape, save and take the course.  All going well, I'll be back to doing something I love and can be proud of by start of summer.  And fingers crossed it'll show my kids anything is possible if you put your mind to it.  Because right now they think I've gone mad.  lol

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #680 on: September 16, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »

Good stuff! Smiley

You do know they put clamps on your eyeball for laser eye surgery, no?...Proper No-no, IMO.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 16, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »

Good stuff! Smiley

You do know they put clamps on your eyeball for laser eye surgery, no?...Proper No-no, IMO.

Have no clue how they do it tbh.  I only ever got as far as the price and that was the end of my research.   

Will have to look into it further, but I can't see backing down now.  I'm a stubborn old bat once me mind's made up.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: September 16, 2010, 12:57:09 PM »

I saw one getting done once...a fair while ago....put me right off it Smiley Then again, I also didn't really like contacts.

And I'm just soo darn adorable with me glasses on

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 16, 2010, 01:18:13 PM »

Oh gawd.  Me and glasses don't get on.  I have one pair.  I get them checked (& changed if needed) every two years because they send that friendly reminder thingy in the post.  When a new pair is required, they ask for all but my first born in fees to cover the 'thinning of the lenses'.  Otherwise I'd have lenses the size of the Hubble telescope.  Bottle bases are thin compared to my glasses.  It's shocking really. 

I'll never forget the first time I got glasses.  I was always very bright in school, but my grades started to drop suddenly one year when I was about 11.  My step-mom took me to get the eyes examined because they couldn't figure out what else might be causing the problem.  Sure enough.  Blind as a bat.  Glasses were ordered and we collected them a couple of weeks later.  When I first put them on, I was asked to read the chart.  Perfect.  Didn't miss a line.  Then I looked out the window and said, "Wow, I can even see the dirt on your windows now!"  While I was amazed, they were both stumped with embarrassment...each for their own reasons.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 17, 2010, 12:57:15 PM »

;aruhgt;rsakgihdafkgjbfr;SKUGHTRkhfdjgbafdjkgfaslgjkardsgkjfdjskrgjhs;kfghda;fgk

And breeeeeeeeathe...................

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 17, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »

Seriously.  How bad can one person run when it comes to travel?!`  Flight delayed with at least an hour due to a suspicious package at Manchester airport.  Why am I not surprised? 

I've not even gone through airport security on this side yet.  An hour sat in the airport lounge sipping pints before I get to face them.  Should be fun.

Oh yeah...have I mentioned the plane yet?  It's one of those wee jobbies with the propellers to keep ya in the air.  The kind that feels every tiny ounce of turbulence.  I just about tolerate flying as it is.  Hate heights and hate not being in control of the mode of transport I'm sat in.  Back seat driver supreme.  Need another pint or I'm liable to have issues with the pilot.  It's going to be a long day.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 17, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »

;aruhgt;rsakgihdafkgjbfr;SKUGHTRkhfdjgbafdjkgfaslgjkardsgkjfdjskrgjhs;kfghda;fgk

whassup?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 17, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »

whassup?

Not Laxie. She's not up at all.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 17, 2010, 01:08:48 PM »

whassup?

just seen on facebook. 

airport bar not the worst place to be stuck Dawn Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 17, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »

whassup?

just seen on facebook. 

airport bar not the worst place to be stuck Dawn Smiley

Yer not wrong there.  Onto me second pint.  Should prolly consider food too at some stage.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: