blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:37:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272677 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2807 2808 2809 2810 [2811] 2812 2813 2814 2815 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6354344 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42150 on: June 13, 2015, 10:19:44 PM »

Good luck Teeks and animal.  Am at PH with Fraser.  Planning on 2 bullets. ETA 2pm then.  Could get a nap in before restart. 

Good luck you two.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Hawk

View Profile
« Reply #42151 on: June 13, 2015, 10:49:45 PM »

Good luck today , keep the good form going.

Thanks David.

Am going to swerve today, it was always likely to be today OR tomorrow, & tomorrow kinda works better.

Explanation on way shortly.

Cliffs - am off the back of, maybe, the most wonderful 4 days I can remember in many a year, if not ever, so today is rest up day. I'll try & do some Updates from Events 1 & 2 for my intrepid stakers first.

Then, Heaven forbid, I took hundreds of photos on Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, & I'm going to post a few. Other folks holiday snaps are about as interesting as Stars Hand Histories, or bad beat stories, I know that, but they mean the world to me, so you'll just have to look away.

I'll play @ Golden Nugget tomorrow ($240 PLO8 I think), then Tuesday will be the last day of my non-poker "holiday", & I'll start the poker schedule proper on Wednesday.  

What camera do you have these days tikay?

Since I've been away from Blonde for so long the last time you mentioned cameras I'm sure you were thinking of getting a DSLR but I always found a good Compact Super Zoom does everything I need.

Look forward to seeing some photos from you.  I'd definitely prefer to see holiday photos over hand-histories.

Well my photos do have a certain unique style.

I'm currently using a little Kodak PixPro. I had a similar thing previously, & it was fine, but it just sort of seized up, it would not open or anything, so that went in the bin, with all the others. I did toy with the idea of a DSLR, & Anna Fowler offered me some useful advice, but it'd be wasted on me.

Fair to say, there are some things we have to accept we can never do well. In my case, photography, hitting a golf ball cleanly, drawing a picture, are all things I just have to accept I'll never master, no matter what equipment I use. Fortunately, I make up for it with fashion sense, charisma, & generally speaking, the ladies find me hard to resist when I turn on the charm offensive.

When I retire, I'm determined to master a few of my failures - photography, especially wildlife, (I took some amazing photos of dolphins on Thursday) fishing, & golf.  

I know some one who could help with that Wink

Hope you are having a great time and run well.

Thanks Dave, but I doubt even you could help me hit a golf ball cleanly, or even hit it at all.

My hand-eye co-ordination was always bad, & now my eyes are not so good, just to compound it. I swing a bit like Jim Furyk, but I don't hit it much like him.

Am having a grand time, ta, though got a bit of a (non-poker) curly lip today.

I bet I could, I wouldn't be much of a teacher if I couldn't  Smiley

I'm up for the challenge, we can arrange times dates when you get back, FOC of course.

Glad to see you have made day 2 now go and ship it Smiley

"Golf is a game that can't be won, only played"

"Look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #42152 on: June 14, 2015, 12:30:28 AM »

Hey Tikay, think you need to let that KKQJ go.  You were short, you may have got someone to fold a hand you were racing with and you aren't ever far from 50/50 against anything but aces.  We had a great sweat.

Go get them.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42153 on: June 14, 2015, 12:42:43 AM »

Al set, am on same table as animal, and we shared a cab across from Rio.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42154 on: June 14, 2015, 12:44:30 AM »

An UTG first hand, so 4,500 to pay in the next 3 hands, then I get a free orbit.

Off we go.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42155 on: June 14, 2015, 12:52:29 AM »

Button to my Big is 132 years old and has 67 trillion chips.

Cut off to my big is 7, with a cool vest, hairy armpits, and eyebrows that join in the middle, all clear signs of an at it merchant.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #42156 on: June 14, 2015, 12:54:53 AM »

Good luck, sir. Have you brought the RNA button with you? Should come in handy today, I reckon.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42157 on: June 14, 2015, 01:12:42 AM »

2 bustees so my table broke, marv, I was owning them.

First hand in new table I find.......

A-2-2-4 ssdd.

Not an ideal starting hand, would prefer one paint with it, but with 7 Bigs, how fussy can we be?

I make it 10,500 from 21,000, so no FE.

Get flatted in one spot.

Flop is not ideal, but not a disaster either, & I have to push.

8-6-8

So lots of chop outs if he calls, and he might even fold.

He calls.

He has.......

A-3-5-8

Oops. Chop outs then.

Turn 8. That'll be quads then.

River 10.

Bit of an anti-climax really. I blame Tal.

Anyway, I had tremendous fun all day yesterday, played ok for the most part, and it got me nicely in the groove for tomorrow.

Or, put another way, we blanked again. A day 2 sweat woulda been nice, but there it is.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #42158 on: June 14, 2015, 01:21:46 AM »

Good luck Teeks and animal.  Am at PH with Fraser.  Planning on 2 bullets. ETA 2pm then.  Could get a nap in before restart.  

Good luck you two.

Cheers Tony
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:34:24 AM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #42159 on: June 14, 2015, 01:27:46 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #42160 on: June 14, 2015, 01:42:22 AM »

Absolute rubbish squeezage and I've not even gone to bed yet, let alone got up and made myself a coffee.

Tomorrow is a brand new day.

I'm fascinated to hear about your penalty for insubordination, and even more fascinated to hear about what I can only assume was your night in the drunk tank at LVPD headquarters. Jeeves' next bulletin will no doubt be a stormer.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42161 on: June 14, 2015, 02:11:55 AM »

Absolute rubbish squeezage and I've not even gone to bed yet, let alone got up and made myself a coffee.

Tomorrow is a brand new day.

I'm fascinated to hear about your penalty for insubordination, and even more fascinated to hear about what I can only assume was your night in the drunk tank at LVPD headquarters. Jeeves' next bulletin will no doubt be a stormer.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42162 on: June 14, 2015, 03:43:53 AM »

San Diego - living the dream.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 03:57:31 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42163 on: June 14, 2015, 03:47:40 AM »

Hey Tikay, think you need to let that KKQJ go.  You were short, you may have got someone to fold a hand you were racing with and you aren't ever far from 50/50 against anything but aces.  We had a great sweat.

Go get them.

I've long moved on, but every time I see the guy he mentions it. I don't like to argue, especially with a Bracelet Winner, but I was happy with my play. It was, in effect, a steal with good equity. It went wrong, end of. Logically, with one very short stacked player behind, & one deep stacked one, it works most times.  It's not a great PLO8 hand, no, but it's enough to make a play with in that spot on a short handed table from the button. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42164 on: June 14, 2015, 04:37:49 AM »

Just paid in for tomorrow's $3,000 WSOP PLO8, which, really, is the centrepiece schedule. Gulp.

When we are on a run of poor results, it does require some confidence to go buy into these things, but I just have to believe. I've done well in them before - I cashed in this Event in 2013, (41st of 435) & also in the $1,500 the year before (12th of 978), so I either got very lucky twice - quite possible - or it's a variance thing.

I'm profitable in Live PLO8 & PLO, & Online PLO8, too over the last 5 years, in fact this trip is part financed from those profits.

All that sounds like I'm trying to convince myself I'm doing the right thing. Which is exactly the case.

It seems quite natural & rational to me to do that all the time - question ourselves. It's especially so as we reach our later years, because, in most cases, our mental & physical powers do decline with age. It's also true that we see things better, & from a wider perspective, with age.

Anyway, I'm rambling to myself to justify it.

In good news, we have at last drawn a comfy seat - Table 381, Seat 6. Seat 6 is perfect, I can see the Board nicely from there.

4pm tomorrow it is, then.

Pages: 1 ... 2807 2808 2809 2810 [2811] 2812 2813 2814 2815 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: