blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:49:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3335 3336 3337 3338 [3339] 3340 3341 3342 3343 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6357057 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50070 on: July 03, 2017, 08:08:02 PM »

Think I will swerve that WSOP NLH/PLO thing today.

WSOP events are, to me, the greatest thing ever in poker & I love them to bits. We have enough cash in the kitty, too, though we have probably made a small loss overall.

I'm just not feeling it today though, I'm a bit under the weather (an "aircon cold") & part of the fun is thinking about these events in the days & weeks before. It all just feels a bit last minute.

Can you imagine those NLH hotshots with their level 5 thinking, & me sat here waiting for Aces all day?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #50071 on: July 03, 2017, 09:10:24 PM »

You think about your age and go for it Tony . Live the dream . Enjoy .
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #50072 on: July 04, 2017, 05:19:23 AM »

Try Claritin for the air con cold I've had one too, the pharmacist in Walgreen recommended it to me ,it seems to have worked !!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #50073 on: July 04, 2017, 07:29:54 AM »

WSOP events are, to me, the greatest thing ever in poker & I love them to bits. We have enough cash in the kitty, too, though we have probably made a small loss overall.

I'm just not feeling it today though, I'm a bit under the weather (an "aircon cold") & part of the fun is thinking about these events in the days & weeks before. It all just feels a bit last minute.

Can you imagine those NLH hotshots with their level 5 thinking, & me sat here waiting for Aces all day?

Far too sensible (but probably the right move), after what you have been through the last few months you should be playing the main event, would you consider it?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50074 on: July 04, 2017, 08:40:44 AM »

Try Claritin for the air con cold I've had one too, the pharmacist in Walgreen recommended it to me ,it seems to have worked !!

Or loratadine for tightwads. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #50075 on: July 04, 2017, 08:46:02 AM »

Far too sensible (but probably the right move), after what you have been through the last few months you should be playing the main event, would you consider it?

It is a bit late, but isn't the 10k plo8 better.  Tony is more comfortable in the game, a few play it really badly, it is done in 3 days and a better chance of a decent cash.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #50076 on: July 04, 2017, 10:18:43 AM »

Top quality article about concrete today in the Guardian!
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jul/04/why-roman-concrete-still-stands-strong-while-modern-version-decays?CMP=fb_gu
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #50077 on: July 04, 2017, 01:12:58 PM »

Loathe as I am to encourage concrete talk... That is incredible - and could be a game changer for tidal power generation where a sea-proof concrete would be so useful.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50078 on: July 04, 2017, 03:37:08 PM »

The Romans really cementing their reputations as great civil engineers.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50079 on: July 04, 2017, 06:37:29 PM »

The winner of this little 4 way coup was Marc Convey, who many of you will remember as a Gutshot Updater for many years.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #50080 on: July 04, 2017, 07:40:38 PM »

The winner of this little 4 way coup was Marc Convey, who many of you will remember as a Gutshot Updater for many years.

Four King nice

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50081 on: July 04, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »

Life as we know it would not exist without concrete. It's taken for granted & vastly under-rated.

Almost everyone benefits from it every day.

And I was mightily relieved to see that the article never confused concrete with cement, as many fools do. They are completely different things.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50082 on: July 04, 2017, 08:38:21 PM »

I'll be working during the Main Event, so it's not possible really. Sky have been wonderfully supportive towards me whilst I have been ill & in recovery, so I would not want to take further liberties with their good nature.

Also, as Mr Doobs noted, the $10k PLO8 would be an immensely more realistic target for me, & I'd expect to cash with reasonable regularity in that.

$10k is too rich for me, but I did plan to play the Mega Sat to it. However, on the scheduled evening, I was nitting it up to the Final Table at Golden Nugget, for better or worse.   

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #50083 on: July 04, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »

I'll be working during the Main Event, so it's not possible really. Sky have been wonderfully supportive towards me whilst I have been ill & in recovery, so I would not want to take further liberties with their good nature.

Also, as Mr Doobs noted, the $10k PLO8 would be an immensely more realistic target for me, & I'd expect to cash with reasonable regularity in that.

$10k is too rich for me, but I did plan to play the Mega Sat to it. However, on the scheduled evening, I was nitting it up to the Final Table at Golden Nugget, for better or worse.   

I'm going to give Roy Castle a ring to see if this beats the World Record for the number of brags in one internet forum post.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #50084 on: July 04, 2017, 08:54:18 PM »

Dedication..

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 3335 3336 3337 3338 [3339] 3340 3341 3342 3343 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: