blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:26:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 1399 1400 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2210431 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20925 on: September 21, 2019, 12:30:14 PM »

also this doesn't make sense

"The least popular position in all the Brexit outcomes across the country is the LD revoke line even if it adds votes for them."

if it adds votes, it by definition can't be the least popular

Its opportunistic and possibly brazen, but if you are a remainer,what's not to like compared to the contortions of Labour's position?

It does make sense - they may add some votes for having this line but in the range of scenarios, popular to the British electorate, I would rank deal,,second ref, no deal, all ahead of revoke

I think Labour's position has become a lot clearer recently and makes complete sense for them. If they (haha) win a GE then there would be a second ref with a deal and remain on the ballot. You can argue about the merits of how different elements of the party might campaign in that ref but the basic position of there will be a second ref is quite clear. It's far preferable to the LD position and will ultimately prove to be more popular

I have never seen more insane positioning from a political party. Labour is literally saying "if you're part of the 48% were not the party for you, and if you're part of the 52% we're not the party for you either".

It is going into the election neutral on the biggest issue in that election

With respect and we can agree to disagree, its bonkers

LDs (the only party that is centrist, and will appeal to both one nation tories and Blairites as we have seen recently) and yes is centre left so left leaning could well farm the remain vote.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20926 on: September 21, 2019, 09:30:42 PM »

An interesting day for me, saw several people I hadn't seen for a while and all remainers.

After a chat all had said, they don't want to leave, but if we had a second ref, would defo vote leave as they are far more in favour of us remaining democratic.

I was staggered, but some faith in human nature restored....if only until i read here again.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20927 on: September 21, 2019, 09:37:25 PM »

An interesting day for me, saw several people I hadn't seen for a while and all remainers.

After a chat all had said, they don't want to leave, but if we had a second ref, would defo vote leave as they are far more in favour of us remaining democratic.

I was staggered, but some faith in human nature restored....if only until i read here again.

I know a few that have said the same to me.....
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #20928 on: September 22, 2019, 12:30:31 AM »

I know a few that have said the same to me.....

Snap
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20929 on: September 22, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »

Would they all vote conservatives in the next election? They won the last one so clearly it would be anti democratic to vote for anyone else.

Blue text
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20930 on: September 22, 2019, 09:28:14 AM »

Would they all vote conservatives in the next election? They won the last one so clearly it would be anti democratic to vote for anyone else.

To be honest, on a lads and lasses day out, we didn't get into the nitty gritty, or try to catch anyone out and cause a blazing row.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20931 on: September 22, 2019, 10:00:41 AM »

Corbyn is proposing a special conference to decide whether Labour should campaign for Remain or Leave in a 2nd referendum (as Harold Wilson did in 1975) as a fudge to defer a massive dust up in Brighton this week.

But, only AFTER a general election.

Only had three years to come to a position.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20932 on: September 22, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »

How, in practical terms, does Jeremy Corbyn campaign against his own deal in a referendum.

"This deal does not deliver for the British people!".

"But you negotiated it".

"Yes! And I betrayed them! Now join in me in showing myself I was wrong!".

This isn't really an opposition worth the name is it?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20933 on: September 22, 2019, 10:03:45 AM »

Opinium poll for Observer finds as many Remain voters (33%) now plan to vote for the LDs as for Labour. In April the proportion planning to vote LAB was nearer 50%, with only around 10% saying they would choose the LDs

Meanwhile an overnight poll has Con 37% Lab 22% 15 point lead!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:11:43 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20934 on: September 22, 2019, 10:32:51 AM »

Corbyn is proposing a special conference to decide whether Labour should campaign for Remain or Leave in a 2nd referendum (as Harold Wilson did in 1975) as a fudge to defer a massive dust up in Brighton this week.

But, only AFTER a general election.

Only had three years to come to a position.

Just another reason why he’d be a shit leader, he’d get nothing done other than give away free stuff!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20935 on: September 22, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »

Wrong thread lol
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20936 on: September 22, 2019, 10:53:41 AM »

How, in practical terms, does Jeremy Corbyn campaign against his own deal in a referendum.

"But you negotiated it".

I think it's a sensible approach and arguably how the initial referendum should have been. It's the confirmatory vote but with something deliverable and it being clear what is being voted for.

The issue with it is it's a hard sell because comments such as above are easy to throw at it.

Blue text
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20937 on: September 22, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »

Opinium poll for Observer finds as many Remain voters (33%) now plan to vote for the LDs as for Labour. In April the proportion planning to vote LAB was nearer 50%, with only around 10% saying they would choose the LDs

I didn’t think Corbyn could get any worse but he really is a total shambles.

Totally bizarre.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20938 on: September 22, 2019, 10:58:40 AM »

"But you negotiated it".

I think it's a sensible approach and arguably how the initial referendum should have been. It's the confirmatory vote but with something deliverable and it being clear what is being voted for.

The issue with it is it's a hard sell because comments such as above are easy to throw at it.

It’s not sensible. It’s a “leader” abdicating responsibility. Total joke. He is handing votes on a plate to LD’s and even some to the Tories.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20939 on: September 22, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »

I didn’t think Corbyn could get any worse but he really is a total shambles.

Totally bizarre.

It really is bizarre, these momentum idiots supporting Corbyn are completely clueless.

As a Tory even I can see how they might already be in power or at worst be in opposition with a decent lead in the polls.

Chukka Umunna (or someone similar with credibility and centre middle) as leader and support remain as a party, job done!
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 1394 1395 [1396] 1397 1398 1399 1400 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: