blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179628 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »

We're screwed.  Cassie and Lily have a new friend.  His name is Max.  He's not ours.  He SHOULD be living up the road and a few fields away, but he's mad about the girls.  Sarah reckons he's stalking Cassie.  Sigh. 

Sinéad and her friend Mary Rose have just gone to the fields with Lily and Cassie.  Max in tow.  Will get pics when they return.  But for now, I must clean up after the roast lamb dinner.  Poor Cassie has been abso miserable smelling it and she's not getting any!  My floors will thank me for it later. 

PS  What should have been a quiet week-end got a little manic at one point.  For only the second or third time ever, someone was kicked out of my house.  He didn't like the dogs and didn't think they should be left in the sitting room with my guests.  Buh bye.   Don't let the door hit ya on the arse. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2010, 06:15:22 PM »

Our friendly stalker - Max

Click to see full-size image.

Mary Rose and Cassie after the run around the field.  Poor Mary Rose.  Sinéad phoned her, "Come over.  I've something to show you."  When she landed, Sinéad handed her a lead with a wired for sound Lily attached and said, "Come on."  No debate was had...off she went.  lol   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »

Make sure he is carrying these..

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2010, 06:18:50 PM »

He's got it bad, that's for sure.  But he can get lost.  Managed to keep Lily from many 'run ins' throughout the years, so just more of the same with Cassie.  Just glad it's only an issue a couple of times a year!

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »

He's got it bad, that's for sure.  But he can get lost.  Managed to keep Lily from many 'run ins' throughout the years, so just more of the same with Cassie.  Just glad it's only an issue a couple of times a year!

Not considered spaying Dawn?

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2010, 06:39:40 PM »

Actually considering breeding her Tom.  Rooks and I have discussed it and I won't be going down that road any time in the near future, but maybe a year or so from now.  We would obviously keep one of the pups as a long term companion for Cassie.  As much as I hate to say it, Lily won't be around forever and that's what I've stashed in the back of my mind. 

The litter as a whole will be bred with the racing side in mind.  Rooks wants to be involved in picking her mate and I've agreed to that as I've no real clue what to look for.  But the one kept with us won't be racing.   

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »

Actually considering breeding her Tom.  Rooks and I have discussed it and I won't be going down that road any time in the near future, but maybe a year or so from now.  We would obviously keep one of the pups as a long term companion for Cassie.  As much as I hate to say it, Lily won't be around forever and that's what I've stashed in the back of my mind. 

The litter as a whole will be bred with the racing side in mind.  Rooks wants to be involved in picking her mate and I've agreed to that as I've no real clue what to look for.  But the one kept with us won't be racing.   

Good luck with that then. Try not to keep them all.

The older I get, the better I was.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »

Recalling a dog from chasing a rabbit is really impressive!!

Impressive? that's unheard of

Non chaser!!! haha
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2010, 07:11:19 PM »

Recalling a dog from chasing a rabbit is really impressive!!

Impressive? that's unheard of

Non chaser!!! haha

She still chases...but she comes back when she's asked to.  Smart girl...so she is.

Also knows where her dinner's coming from on Friday night.   Wink
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:19:47 PM by Laxie » Logged

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2010, 07:34:27 PM »

could've landed some big coups if she'd stayed racing. put her in a race as a huge fave, lay her big time and then recall her halfway through with the whistle

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2010, 12:06:04 AM »

Playing the DTD 3.5gtd deep stack and we're down to final table bubble at the minute.  While I was busy shouting "HOOOOOOOOOLD" to my 10 10 all in call in the tourney, the girls were busy giggling their backsides off.  Cassie was helping herself to my pint glass of water.........

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2010, 12:28:39 AM »

Fantastic pics and stories TY.

She's such a good girl - I'm so pleased she's become part of the furniture so quickly - I love being part of Cassie's life vicariously through this thread - so please keep it up!

good word

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2010, 11:04:02 AM »

Tim might have though 

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »

The cast iron stove in our sitting room was 'relocated' last night.  Brian had opened it a bit to empty ashes with intention if putting on a fire for me.  Cassie was thrown down right in front of it and not inclined to budge, so Brian didn't have much room to work with. 

Ashes cleared no hassle...well, not MUCH hassle anyway.  He went on to get sticks in for starting the fire.  Only now he needed to open the door a bit more as he wanted to scatter the firing around properly.  Quietly does it, he opened the door another bit.  Said door tipped off Cassie's back and she went MENTAL!!! 

Mayhem ensued.  Cassie jumped up and tore upstairs so fast I didn't know what had happened.  Only knew my cast iron stove had been moved the bones of a foot and was now off it's base.  Apparently when she jumped up, she took the fireplace with her for a bit.  It was now tilted sideways.  If the stove fell over, the glass would be in bits and we'd be waiting ages for a replacement. 

"Brian, hold tight and don't let it drop!  Girls, come help me check on Cassie!"

We ran up to check on Cassie while Brian held the stove.  Cassie is 100% grand.  She must have been sleeping and just woke with a hop.  Not a mark on her, but man she gave us a fright.  But what went on upstairs was comedy.  We'd get her off one bed and she'd tear road for another room/bed.  She'd let us pet her and check her over in one of the beds, but no way was she coming back downstairs with us.  This went on for a good five minutes.  We gave up in the end and decided to just let her calm down where she liked before trying again.  In the end, she managed to come back down to me of her own accord - and got loads of cuddles once she landed.

And the stove?  Brian and I got it back in place with a fair bit of effort, but we could only put down a small fire as the fire cement seal was no more.  I'd grand intentions of giving my car a good clean and maybe tidying the berry garden in our back ditch today, but that'll have to wait.  Will have to pull out the stove again later today and re-seal.  Marv.  lol 

Meanwhile, Cassie has decided sleeping by the fire is overrated.  She's now taken a page out of Lily's book and hits up whatever space she can find on one of the kid's beds.  This morning I found her on Sinéad's.............

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »

Tim might have though 

Wouldn't be the only thing he's thought of.   Wink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: