blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272641 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521224 times)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:33 PM »

Its pretty frustrating having the highest (or very close to) gates in the league and never buying any players or even retaining the good ones we have.

We sold Delph for £8m so we could buy back our training ground, that didn't happen.

Where is bates putting all the money?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 20, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »

Its pretty frustrating having the highest (or very close to) gates in the league and never buying any players or even retaining the good ones we have.

We sold Delph for £8m so we could buy back our training ground, that didn't happen.

I hate Bates, always have but I will wait until the end of the summer before making a judgment. If we get in 4-5 better players then the ones that have gone all is forgiven.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: June 20, 2011, 07:13:50 PM »

I hate Bates, always have but I will wait until the end of the summer before making a judgment. If we get in 4-5 better players then the ones that have gone all is forgiven.

youre prob right but all we are hearing about at the moment is Smith, Woodgate and Bowyer.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: June 20, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »

FFS

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/championship/8465/3/leeds-battle-land-former-blackburn-keeper

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 20, 2011, 08:43:20 PM »

taken from waccoe and i suspect its true.

The truth of all this is - Leeds want Kasper to commit to us and sign a long-term contract, something which Kasper's agent, Michael Johansen, does not want to do. His agent sees Leeds purely as a steeping stone for Kasper to sign with a top club in the Premier League, he is the same agent who was hawking his client around Premiership clubs in the January transfer window, this got back to Grayson and I presume he and Bates are worried we may find ourselves losing a very promising goalkeeper for nothing at the end of next season; another Beckford situation. Leciester have come in with a respectable 7 figure offer and Simon Grayson accepted the offer, not Bates or Harvey - this is the manager's decision. Schmeichel is unhappy because he doesn't want to move to another Championship club and wants to leave at the end of the season on a free transfer hoping a top Premier League club come in for him. It's all a game folks, remove those rose tinted glasses.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 21, 2011, 12:12:43 AM »

Doesn't the low fee sort of make that less believable? 1mil to a Premier League team is nothing is it? Free in a year or 1mil now I don't see as a major stumbling block to many prem teams if they wanted him.
Villa and Wigan have no keeper and will probably both end up paying 4mil+ for a keeper, Swansea could lose De Vries to Wolves who are looking for a keeper to compete with Hennessey, Liverpool have been looking at keepers as back up to Reina and this is all this Summer. I can't see 1mil putting any of these teams off.
Only in a case like Sunderland where they rumoured to be after a 3rd keeper due to Gordon's injury record are they likely to want to save money. He's not moving for that is he or he'd have never left Man City surely?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: June 21, 2011, 12:21:59 AM »

Kasper wont go anywhere as second or third choice keeper. 1m for an decent championship player in their last season under contract is good business. I don't think Leeds have paid 1m in the last 5 seasons total on players! If his agent thinks hes prem standard and tried to put his name about at Xmas he failed.  If he wants more money and has indicated that via his agent then he should say so.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: June 21, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »

Cup tie vs Bradddddddforrrrd on tv along with our first league game of the season away to the saints.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: June 21, 2011, 01:25:57 PM »

Leeds reporter saying
Bowyer done deal to QPR lol at camel if true
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 21, 2011, 01:54:02 PM »

Leeds reporter saying
Bowyer done deal to QPR lol at camel if true

heard this was 90% done yesterday.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: June 21, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »

can only assume I'm missing something here. why would bowyer be going to the championship? didn't he have a great last season?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 21, 2011, 05:29:31 PM »

Cup tie vs Bradddddddforrrrd on tv along with our first league defeat of the season away to the saints.
Fyp

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 22, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »

Surely Leeds v City was never in doubt of being on the box!! Gonna try and get tix cmon cityyyyy

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: June 27, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »

We all new it was coming but we've finally sold Kasper.

Reason - After accepting the offer, United manager Simon Grayson said the goalkeeping position was an area he was looking to strengthen for the new season.

That sure makes sense

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
ryecarr01

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 28, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »

just seen lee bowyer down at elland road.........
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: