blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:31:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272641 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521229 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: January 18, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »

But if the player won't sign, why is it Bates'/clubs fault?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 18, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »

pretty much this

He's out of contract in the summer, won't sign again, so instead of losing him for nothing they get something now

Post Bosman none of the power is with the clubs.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 18, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »

Its a long long story...but he's created a club culture where all the decent players wont sign new contracts, he wont offer decent wages and publicly humiliates players that dare to negotiate a decent deal. Net result is the shower of shit we have today, we sell a player for lots of money and it gets re-invested into a museum in the east stand for £6m.

Every day more fans just can't be arsed with going, paying money. People that go are just allowing bates to take the piss.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: January 18, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »

You have a point of course but I have no doubt he will have been offered total shite like everyone else allowed to run out their contracts and leave in last few years.

Bradley Johnson was asked to take a pay cut!!! from league one wages. Now hes playing decent in the prem.

I've not been a BATES OUT man before now but this is really the straw that broke the camels back. The club captain, been with us 6 years and they can't agree a deal in 12 months of trying.

I've always said when defending Bates that we know what happened in the past when we took financial risks, but we are becoming a joke. All we sign are free's and trialists and loan players and we sell people for £ all the time.

Our midfield is going to have players like Varynen, Brown and Pugh week in week out, and they are just miserable footballers.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:54 AM »

Bolton Wanderers have today signed Robert Snodgrass from mid-table Championship club Leeds United for an undisclosed fee thought to be £3.5m.

Snodgrass, who was due to be a free agent in 18 months, had found it difficult to reach new terms with Leeds, despite it being understood that he had been willing to commit his long term future to the club.

Snodgrass is the latest young player to leave Leeds following Beckford, Johnson, Gradel and Howson.

In a sensational radio interview, Leeds chairman, Ken Bates blasted Snodgrass and called him a "greedy shyster" and that "he has ideas above his station". Bates also promised that funds would be made available for emergency loans and that there were irons in the fire.

* Leeds United have today anounced the signing of Nicky Butt on a temporary deal.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 18, 2012, 10:05:35 AM »

selling our club captain to norwich fkin city, is this really what its come too

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 18, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »

ffs Longy is viewing the thread, hes gona be chirping.

FWIW he will be awesome in behind Morison or Holt.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: January 18, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »

Ok all good points.

Shame really, theres 25k worth of entrance money going somewhere every week then.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 18, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »

ffs Longy is viewing the thread, hes gona be chirping.

FWIW he will be awesome in behind Morison or Holt.

Ha, I bit my tongue.

It is not fun having ppl coming in taking the pee, when your club is imploding. Which is what was happening to us only about 3 years ago, so I decided to show some respect.

Yeah pretty excited about the signing, he fits our criteria perfectly. Young, hungry with enough talent to cut it, typical Lambert player.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 18, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »

Bolton Wanderers have today signed Robert Snodgrass from mid-table Championship club Leeds United for an undisclosed fee thought to be £3.5m.

Snodgrass, who was due to be a free agent in 18 months, had found it difficult to reach new terms with Leeds, despite it being understood that he had been willing to commit his long term future to the club.

Snodgrass is the latest young player to leave Leeds following Beckford, Johnson, Gradel and Howson.

In a sensational radio interview, Leeds chairman, Ken Bates blasted Snodgrass and called him a "greedy shyster" and that "he has ideas above his station". Bates also promised that funds would be made available for emergency loans and that there were irons in the fire.

* Leeds United have today anounced the signing of Nicky Butt on a temporary deal.

Source?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 18, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »

Source?

its a spoof. but along the lines of the last 3-4 years at Leeds.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 19, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

New song written about Ken

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: January 19, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »

http://www.bates-out.com/hands
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 21, 2012, 06:08:06 PM »

get out jail free card Smiley
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 21, 2012, 06:24:41 PM »

Rumours are Snoddy has ended contract negotiations.

Himself and White very unhappy about the sale of Howson

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: