blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521056 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: October 22, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »

He only got 4 months for assault live on tv, after the guy that interrupted the boat race got 6??

Joke rulling should have given him a year.

how does he afford to go home and away games? when on the dole lol..bates needs to raise the ticket prices obv.

he's a professional fraudster ldo.

The worst thing about this guy is he is from cheltenham, we are getting all this negative attention for a cockney white
lol cockney white. Typical Dee Da. Everything south of Yorkshire is London. Everything North of Yorkshire is Scotland Smiley

didn't get any bites Sad
or sniggers from Man U fans either Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: October 22, 2012, 10:29:59 PM »

He only got 4 months for assault live on tv, after the guy that interrupted the boat race got 6??

Joke rulling should have given him a year.

how does he afford to go home and away games? when on the dole lol..bates needs to raise the ticket prices obv.

he's a professional fraudster ldo.

The worst thing about this guy is he is from cheltenham, we are getting all this negative attention for a cockney white
lol cockney white. Typical Dee Da. Everything south of Yorkshire is London. Everything North of Yorkshire is Scotland Smiley

didn't get any bites Sad
or sniggers from Man U fans either Sad

epic fail

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: October 24, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Leeds-United-tshirt-LUFC-tshirt-Leeds-U-/160907846251?pt=UK_Men_s_T_Shirts&var=&hash=item2576dae26b

ohh dear.

Good crowd last night, 17k lol..wp bates.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »

When you think abut it, not sure Leeds are really that well suported club?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »

This will be the last time I respond directly to a post of yours..really very little point tbh but here goes.

Leeds have the Best away support outside the premiership in terms of numbers. I am not 100% sure but my guess is this would also be top 4 in the country including premiership teams. I also guess this number would be higher if they were given more tickets for some of the smaller grounds. Also the attraction of Leeds is still great, look at the home attendances when Leeds turn up in town, huge compared to their normal gate.

That is the away support covered the home gate and total going to Elland road is a pretty complex thing, given the decline of the teams fortunes and the "Owner" issues we have had to endure for several years. Given these issues it means basically 5000+ Leeds fans simply refuse to turn up while Bates is the owner whatever the team is doing.

Financially Leeds is the most expensive team to watch outside the premiership, it would be halfway up in the premiership costs now! So this is another huge factor.

We have 2 more home games in a week, so I guess for this individual game and all the negative press surrounding Friday is might have put another few thousand off going.

On a typical week I would say 25k is about right for a Home game. Not bad to say 5k are refusing to go, a few thousand more cant afford it and virtually all the freebie tickets other clubs give to the community Leeds simply don't do since Bates took over (ie schools, disabled, local community groups), so that's another 500 say.

My circle of friends and people I know at work their is roughly 50 Leeds United fans, last year 5 of them went to Elland road regularly, this year is 0. If we go back just before Bates took over it was about 35 / 50 of them. A small sample I agree but I am guessing not untypical of stories around the Leeds area. Most of my friends go to watch Rhinos instead, cheaper, no trouble and a good team.

Also if we take the cost to away fans at Elland road (ask Sherriff!) many refuse to come and pay the nearly £40.

Alot of stuff contributing to the 17k last night and I for one am pleased people won't pay to massage Bates ego anymore.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: October 24, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »

This will be the last time I respond directly to a post of yours..really very little point tbh but here goes.

Leeds have the Best away support outside the premiership in terms of numbers. I am not 100% sure but my guess is this would also be top 4 in the country including premiership teams. I also guess this number would be higher if they were given more tickets for some of the smaller grounds. Also the attraction of Leeds is still great, look at the home attendances when Leeds turn up in town, huge compared to their normal gate.

That is the away support covered the home gate and total going to Elland road is a pretty complex thing, given the decline of the teams fortunes and the "Owner" issues we have had to endure for several years. Given these issues it means basically 5000+ Leeds fans simply refuse to turn up while Bates is the owner whatever the team is doing.

Financially Leeds is the most expensive team to watch outside the premiership, it would be halfway up in the premiership costs now! So this is another huge factor.

We have 2 more home games in a week, so I guess for this individual game and all the negative press surrounding Friday is might have put another few thousand off going.

On a typical week I would say 25k is about right for a Home game. Not bad to say 5k are refusing to go, a few thousand more cant afford it and virtually all the freebie tickets other clubs give to the community Leeds simply don't do since Bates took over (ie schools, disabled, local community groups), so that's another 500 say.

My circle of friends and people I know at work their is roughly 50 Leeds United fans, last year 5 of them went to Elland road regularly, this year is 0. If we go back just before Bates took over it was about 35 / 50 of them. A small sample I agree but I am guessing not untypical of stories around the Leeds area. Most of my friends go to watch Rhinos instead, cheaper, no trouble and a good team.

Also if we take the cost to away fans at Elland road (ask Sherriff!) many refuse to come and pay the nearly £40.

Alot of stuff contributing to the 17k last night and I for one am pleased people won't pay to massage Bates ego anymore.

You was talking about attendances and I was questioning whether Leeds are as well supported as people think.

It was a discussion I saw on another forum just a couple of weeks ago when Leeds fans said they had amazing support, but when you consider it, I am not so sure. I can easily compare it to the support of both Sheffield teams and perhaps to an extent the Nottingham teams.

Leeds > Sheffield > Nottingham - Terms of size

But yet adding the attendances together, in fact, Forest & Wednesday both have higher averages this season. Making attendances Sheffield Wed > Forest > Leeds, then adding them altogether Sheffield..... Nottingham....................................................Leeds.

I can appreciate the ridic pricing is killing the support, but I am not sure without the ridic pricing that it would be approaching 30k, maybe 27k each Saturday home game. For a massive city with a lone club, still think it is disappointing.

Away support, well that is questionable.

What are the current prices?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: October 24, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »

Did you read what I said?

Pricing is secondary to why people are not going to Elland Road..

Away support is questionable...erm..

I don't know why I bothered.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: October 24, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

Yes, I read it, but pricing is obviously a little different everywhere.

Is it possible to get in Elland Road for £25-£28, which seems to be around average pricing for NPC games.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: October 24, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »

i read "that  this is the last time I respond directly to a post of yours". You had me fooled tho Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: October 24, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »

I've always thought Leeds had good support which is why I'd like to see them back in the Prem Lge but I'd be very suprised if you were top 4, or even top 8 in the country for away support.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: October 24, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »

i read "that  this is the last time I respond directly to a post of yours". You had me fooled tho Smiley

That does not take Much though now does it.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: October 24, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »

I've always thought Leeds had good support which is why I'd like to see them back in the Prem Lge but I'd be very suprised if you were top 4, or even top 8 in the country for away support.

Unlike most other teams outside the big 4-5 clubs leeds are one of the very few that has support nationally, I mean fans seem to be from all across the country. Unique like I said for a championship team and infact Most prem teams. Always found is funny going to arsenal away and what have you and being surrounded by cockney whites.  You go watch Barnsley/ sheff away ect and most come from that area. Numbers are high for leeds away support, even with the ridic membership only policy (that works well right? See Friday) . All u can go on is leeds in the prem it used to be hard to get away tickets, hence the amount of leeds fans that used to infiltrate home stands. It's a shame we can't get numbers of the away support for all teams in England, but leeds had 3.7k average even when given low allocation for most clubs in 2010 season
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: October 24, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »

That does not take Much though now does it.
Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2578 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:27 PM »

leeds have a huge following
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: October 24, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

leeds have a huge following

Yeah I'm not debating that, was thinking ground sizes in Championship more than anything.

Would expect Man U/City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle to have more fans at away games in a season. Plus I'd expect the teams that just get promoted to the Premiership to have good support as they want to enjoy it while it lasts.

Not including Newcastle as I'm obv biased I'd say Man U have the best away following.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: