blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:12:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272641 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521226 times)
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: May 14, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »

gutted, great atmosphere. Got some good pics when i got caught up in the cordon while waiting for brent

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Steelio

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 14, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

Just got back, another season, another disappointment as expected for Leeds

Not too many clear cut chances, then a poor penalty from Beckford who shudve let snodders take it, they have their one chance and take it. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing tonight shame about the result, oh well ill be back next season for some more heartbreak as I think it'll be even harder next season. Please please Scunthorpe/Franchise beat those twats, they brought out the 'Istanbul' chants for a while, scum of the earth.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 14, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »

Unlucky Acid, sympathies to all the Leeds fans

No consolation, but you'll walk it next year IMO...tougher division or not.

Supporters of rival teams looking to bait on here...pack it in, already deleted one exchange. Show a bit of class please
[/b]

Not looking to stir up bother which is obviously how it's going to look but what's the difference between whatever was posted and the posts that have been made like; how i hope newcastle get relegated and there fans are idiots and deserve to go down,just interested tbh ?

Gutted for brent and others who it clearly ment a lot to, ul boys

Edit:Totally agree with nem(wtf?) leeds are a massive club and i've said it before but anyone who wants a club that has a half empty ground and fans who don't care in comparison to having leeds back where they belong isn't a proper football fan imho

its a fine line between banter and baiting. 10 minutes after the huge match coming on, as a fan of a close rival team, and baiting and repeating that baiting after being asked to stop on the thread steps over that line

as it would if it were to happen if Newcastle went down

as it does sometimes on Old firm threads

or Man U/Liverpool

Don't suppose the mods will get all of these right and you may have quoted an example where we haven't, but I made a call here in this instance. The fella's been stuck in a 24 hour ban cooler as I or any other mod doesn't want to spend half the night pissing around calming this stuff down, as he was refusing to stop posting the bile.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 14, 2009, 11:06:45 PM »

Supporters of rival teams looking to bait on here...pack it in, already deleted one exchange. Show a bit of class please
[/b]

Not looking to stir up bother which is obviously how it's going to look but what's the difference between whatever was posted and the posts that have been made like; how i hope newcastle get relegated and there fans are idiots and deserve to go down,just interested tbh ?

Edit:Totally agree with nem(wtf?) leeds are a massive club and i've said it before but anyone who wants a club that has a half empty ground and fans who don't care in comparison to having leeds back where they belong isn't a proper football fan imho

its a fine line between banter and baiting. 10 minutes after the huge match coming on, as a fan of a close rival team, and baiting and repeating that baiting after being asked to stop on the thread steps over that line

or Man U/Liverpool

Don't suppose the mods will get all of these right and you may have quoted an example where we haven't, but I made a call here in this instance. The fella's been stuck in a 24 hour ban cooler as I or any other mod doesn't want to spend half the night pissing around calming this stuff down, as he was refusing to stop posting the bile.

Really not having a go at the mods here hope you see that,was just interested in what the difference was and obviously it was a bit different so fair play,obviously people like to have a dig and sometimes somewhat unneccesarily but people have an opinion and you guys are right to stop it when it goes to far.If newcastle were to go down add be to gutted to give a shit what anyone else had to say about it and am sure the leeds boys feel the same
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #664 on: May 14, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »

Gutted for Leeds.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 14, 2009, 11:10:31 PM »

[/b]

or Man U/Liverpool

Really not having a go at the mods here hope you see that,was just interested in what the difference was and obviously it was a bit different so fair play,obviously people like to have a dig and sometimes somewhat unneccesarily but people have an opinion and you guys are right to stop it when it goes to far.If newcastle were to go down add be to gutted to give a shit what anyone else had to say about it and am sure the leeds boys feel the same

no problem Ray. These football threads, after hot games, are some of the most difficult areas for the mods. Passions are high, rivalries are intense. Where to draw the line? Let everything go? Nip things in the bud?

In this instance I made a call that the lad was OTT, so soon after a match when Leeds fans are obviously on the thread very gutted.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »

Yeh pretty gutted for Leeds. Good luck for the future. I think you've got the manager for automatic promotion now.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 14, 2009, 11:21:44 PM »

[/b]

or Man U/Liverpool

no problem Ray. These football threads, after hot games, are some of the most difficult areas for the mods. Passions are high, rivalries are intense. Where to draw the line? Let everything go? Nip things in the bud?

In this instance I made a call that the lad was OTT, so soon after a match when Leeds fans are obviously on the thread very gutted.

Have to agree Rich.  Invaribly after a few days there will be a few piss taking comments and the Leeds boys will take it in good heart (hopefully).  But so soon after it happens just isnt on.

Last season when we lost to Bristol City in the play-offs i got a text from a Brighton fan (supposed mate) absolutely taking the piss.  I was so angry at the time. You lose a league game you accept a bit of piss taking. You lose in the play-offs or get relegated and it is hard to take for a few hours afterwards.

Unlucky Leeds - keep hold of the better players and next season should be a promotion year.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 14, 2009, 11:55:37 PM »

Agree with what Rich has said- am a Man U fan so not too fond of Leeds but deliberately didnt post after the game

Least you guys have Vegas to take your mind off it (nice house btw boys)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 15, 2009, 03:12:39 AM »

Automatic next year to the championship. Number fucking one in fact, fk 2nd place.

Back in the Prem for 2012

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 15, 2009, 07:10:16 AM »

Hmmm not a good result, as this result certainly makes life more difficult for us next year.

I really don't suscribe to this arguement of any club deserving anything though, no matter many how many fans they have etc. You are as good as the team you put out on the pitch, if you want a system where the biggest sides are kept at a certain level, I would suggest you start following NFL,MLB,NHL or the NBA. Football is about how you perform over a season not some divine right. English football has already become sterile because of the same teams finishing in the same positions in the top division, therefore the fact that big sides can get relegated still adds to the interest in the sport imo. I really don't see the arguement for why your side has a right to anything whether you support Man U, Middlesboro or Macclesfield.

Sorry for the rant Leeds fans on here, I geniunely feel for you as individuals but such is football that the team on the pitch is the most important thing. There may well be 25k plus attendances for the Norwich Leeds games next year unfortunately it won't stop us both being shit, just as it should be.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #671 on: May 15, 2009, 07:37:09 AM »

was pleased with the result tonight. Don't like how everyone thinks they deserve better. Wow big fan base, only club in a big city Orly
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 15, 2009, 09:15:43 AM »

was pleased with the result tonight. Don't like how everyone thinks they deserve better. Wow big fan base, only club in a big city Orly

Agree with most of that - its just that i like Millwall less than i like Leeds
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 15, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »

I thought you would sympathise with the Leeds fans, what with supporting a relatively big club that are absolutely shit too.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 15, 2009, 10:30:45 AM »

I didn't see the game, was it a case of Forde being MoM?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: