blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:05:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272621 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  NON POKER Blondite favourite music
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NON POKER Blondite favourite music  (Read 31533 times)
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2005, 04:46:59 PM »

i saw maiden at new street odeon in brum 3 times, first was 85......excellent, they actually said it was their favourite ever venue (not at the time, in an interview years later) also saw them at the NEC (after the odeon stopped live acts).
Dickinson was not their best vocalist, best frontman/showman yes.
Harris best bassist ever NOT Mark King!!
Not even going there on the whitesnake thing pah

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
stoo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2005, 04:47:28 PM »

Cool power, I have had 3 copies listened to the other two too many times
ThePower

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2005, 04:51:30 PM »

have you seen them live? They're playing Leeds/Reading this weekend. I wish i could have gone but i went to V instead.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 04:54:07 PM »

I have the Kasabian album and went off it very quickly. I don't really know why, it just started to grate, the only song i like now is LSF (lost souls forever). Never really hit off with The Music, tho there is very good instrumental track called "the walls are getting smaller" that i have off a NME compliation.
stoo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 04:57:12 PM »

Yes pal. Seen them 3 times.. first in a place called the rescue rooms in nottingham(before I knew them and they had released a single). A freind took me and I thought they were awesome, a real crap band on before them as well. I wandered what i let my self into. Turned out good though.
Second time was rock-city in nottingham after they released there album, even better gig as more ppl knew who they were. Came out of it with my t-shirt dripping!
Lastly at glastonbury.. awesome.. I'd try and see them man. Brilliant
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 05:10:44 PM »

Hi Adam. I have Favourite Noise and Cheerp Up. Ban The Tube Top ROCKS!!!  Also agreed on the new album, i was so dissapointed. I have seen them a few times, the best being Brixton Academy about 2 years ago. Goldfingre supported and were very good. They did the best version of '99 Red Balloons' !
If you would only listen to one RXB album I guess 'The Resignation'. 'Progress' is marginally more accessible though. They will not be a band you put on and think instantly, 'I love this band' but the more you listen, the more you hear. Bizarrely, I think their best songs are at the end of the albums, not start, which is unusual. The best way to hear  these boys is live or with a GREAT pair of head phones (and loud). (I bought some 'ETYMOTIC-ER4 Micro Pro' earplugs for my ipod, They cost a couple hundred pounds but worth every penny). There is so much going on with RXB,  great musicians. The drummer is maybe the best I have ever heard or seen ( i must have seen well in excess of 1000 bands live). For tracks to look out for, 'Analogue Boy' is great (you  can hear the influeneces of the Police in this one), 'All Rwandas Glory' is very thought provoking and I challenge anyone not to be foot tapping by the end!). My favourite though would be 'decrescendo', awesome drumming that I can not describe in words! (one of the heavier songs though)

Agree on Satriana and Vai but alot of other lesser knowns are great like Andy Timmons and Pete Lesperance. I am not a fan of Blackmores at all. So far up his own behind. Of course Steve Vai and VERY underated is Nuno Bettencourt. All of the guys in Dream Theater are partuclarly talented.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 05:24:42 PM »

yes, Nuno was great. Dream theater too widdley, along with Malmstein (though Live he was very entertaining)

Will look out for RXB when I'm selling enough shirts to start CD shopping again. the list's getting pretty long.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 06:32:52 PM »

Favorite Band - Big Country (as they're not going any more I try to get to gigs by new bands with ex BC band members in, namely Casbah Club, with Simon Townsend & Bruce Foxton, and Dead Men Walking, a supergroup with some great rockers in it).

Don't listen to much by bands who haven't at least 1 dead member, but will admit to being quite impressed by Kaiser Chiefs.

Other favorites: AC/DC, The Alarm, The Skids, The Clash, Atlanta Rhythm Section & Lynard Skynard, and nearly forgot Iron Maiden.

Rod, I bought a new T shirt last week by one of the bands mentioned above, its a cracker, I'll wear it tomorrow at the TPT you'll all be jealous as............  Grin
jammer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 07:18:21 PM »

kasabian are bloody excellent.

In fact so good i'm gonna go see them tomorrow at reading festival.  Cheesy

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 07:20:22 PM »

Will you do a spot Chesney?

The older I get, the better I was.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2005, 07:21:53 PM »

Wonder what they'll want him to sing...
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2005, 07:24:20 PM »

I am the one and only

The older I get, the better I was.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 07:26:13 PM »

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 07:26:55 PM »

Totally agree jammer, enjoy the show  Cool
jammer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2005, 07:28:51 PM »

Will you do a spot Chesney?

Hehe, I had worse nicknames - when i was in my gigging days, when i had long hair, I got called "steffi". Any ideas why?

I grew up in the grunge era and bit my teeth on soundgarden, alice in chains, pearl jam, screaming trees, etc. (as such AdamM's musical tastes woulda made me shiver.... whitesnake!? Even Vai can't be proud of that...). UK wise Stone Roses were incredible for defining an era - even now Kasabian are heavily influenced by them. Guitar wise I did my time with vai (had coffee with him), satriana, etc, but all their beautifully crafted stuff sounds sort of sanitised due to me roots - although I did spend years learning eugene's trickbag till my fingers bled (you have seen crossroads right?).

Anyhow, to me there is only one guitarist worth idolising anyhow... Stevie Ray Vaughn. A cut above.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: