blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:57:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  NON POKER Blondite favourite music
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NON POKER Blondite favourite music  (Read 31532 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2005, 09:38:17 AM »

sounds familiar, John Bunndrick?

The Guy I met used to drink in The White Swan in Barrowby and drank alot. one day he over heard a conversation about Pink Floyd and butted in claiming to have toured with them. He was a bit Sauced up at the time so no-one paid much attention. next week he turned up with a live Floyd video and, sure enough there he was. Had a big house in Harlaxton near by with a studio set up. sounds like the same guy.

Small world innit
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2005, 01:00:49 PM »

A saw mention of Bowies "Aladdin Sane". Anyone know how that album came to be so named? A weird & horrible story.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2005, 01:27:26 PM »

Not sure about the rest Tikay but i do like the happy mondays but they were a bit hit and miss to say the least. Pills, thrills n bellyaches is a classic but alot of the other albums were mediocre. I had the (mis)fortune to see them support oasis back in 2000 on of their comebacks and to be honest they were a shambles. Sean Ryder completely on another planet, I think he had indulged quite a bit that day.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2005, 01:35:11 PM »

Sean Ryder indul;ged quite a bit EVERY day....

But that Vid they recorded on a rooftop - was it in LA I wonder? - was one of THE greatest.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2005, 01:41:58 PM »

aladdin sane, not sure where the name came from but wasn't it another incarnation of bowies? another slightly more depraved version of ziggy?
originally it was gonna be called a lad insane, so i guess it was about him thinking he was insane?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2005, 01:43:20 PM »

You are on the right track (oops) Ian, but not correct.

Dirk Diggler

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2005, 03:54:14 PM »

okay, gonna throw my 'genre' into the mix...

loving the 70's jazz funk rare groove sound....picture the soundtrack to one of John Holmes or early Ron Jeremy masterpieces, or to those unfamiliar with such screen legends, say a Starsky and Hutch movie!!...I'm talking wah wah, hammond organ, way out guitar solo's and downright dirty beats.

to list a few, Bobbi Humphrey, Johhny Hammond, Donald Byrd, Roy Ayres, Mike Longo, Bob James....

quality cheesey tunes - get surfing!....

Also loving a bit of hardcore gansta rap-loving the lyrics, old skool hip hop, as well as one or two modern day 'bands of the moment'....and some main stream stuff too.....basically I like a bit of eveything and the mp3 player is loaded up with about as diverse a mix as you could ever want.

Not spamming here but for music lovers who like to download without file sharing try this:

http://www.allofmp3.com/

Great site - you do pay for the tunes but they are so cheap it's ridiculous - check it out.  I downloaded the whole Coldplay X & Y album last night for my better half for $1.76! - how cheap is that!  No problem with the downloads, select the quality and format you want and you get exactly what you expect - not like some of the file sharing sites.....thoroughly recommend it.  little tip if you do sign up - download the 'explorer' tool - so much easier to dowload multiple tracks.

Dirk  Cool

'You know, I'm gonna be a great big bright, shining star'
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2005, 04:03:55 PM »

hurray for the legal downloader. see, there is another way.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2005, 05:53:35 PM »

I downloaded the whole Coldplay X & Y album last night for my better half for $1.76! - how cheap is that!

err, $1.76 more than i paid lol

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »

methinks bowies younger brother was 'a lad insane'
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2005, 07:01:34 PM »

Correctomundo Mr Thew, me agrees. I think we have had this converstaion before Tikay, I wouldn't promise it though....
Did YOu nkow the Pixies have reformed Julian? Funnily enough, going back to the start of the link, I went to see Reel Big Fish at Brixton Academy a year or two ago and either four nights before, or four consecutive after, The Pixies played there. every night s a complete sell out. Bowie also did a cover of "Cactus" on his last but one album, Heathern. A great version.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2005, 07:58:55 PM »

Just been to tesco to get the shopping in, and bought X&Y by coldplay ... I have heard a few tracks on radio/tv etc.

Although i think Chris Martin is a bit of a plank as a bloke, you cant argue with the blokes ability to write and carry a tune... personally I think the track "FIX YOU" will probably be hailed as the bands best ever anthem,  FANTASTIC album.... and they can put that on the advertising blurb for a small fee Smiley

FANTASTIC ALBUM.. Colchester Kev (Blonde forum 26th August 2005) lol

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
-bw-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2005, 08:27:29 PM »

just downloaded Reel Big Fish, dont turn the radio off

thanks for the tip Adam Wink

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2005, 08:29:34 PM »

enjoying it?

good stuff
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2005, 08:37:16 PM »

X&Y an excellent album but their first effort 'parachutes' is much better.
I saw them when they were a tiny little outfit in 2000 at Newcastle University. - awesome!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: