blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272606 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Jim-D, the KK hand from yesterdays final
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jim-D, the KK hand from yesterdays final  (Read 10013 times)
Pab

View Profile WWW
« on: August 30, 2006, 05:15:27 AM »

*********** # 271 **************
FullTiltPoker Game #948149467: $14,000 Guarantee (6164164), Table 5 - 800/1600 Ante 200 - No Limit Hold'em - 2006/08/29 - 18:50:45 ET

Seat 1: GambitX (32,896)
Seat 2: ponyboy21 (21,309)
Seat 3: MuuaadDib (18,300)
Seat 4: Tyler AAAA (36,437)
Seat 5: MuckThoseFucers (41,072)
Seat 6: Annette_15 (112,422)
Seat 7: iouh2002 (19,387)
Seat 8: like7 (9,754)
Seat 9: LEADBOOTS (104,423)
GambitX antes 200
ponyboy21 antes 200
MuuaadDib antes 200
Tyler AAAA antes 200
MuckThoseFucers antes 200
Annette_15 antes 200
iouh2002 antes 200
like7 antes 200
LEADBOOTS antes 200
MuuaadDib posts the small blind of 800
Tyler AAAA posts the big blind of 1,600
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to LEADBOOTS [ ]
MuckThoseFucers folds
Annette_15: obv not Smiley
Annette_15 raises to 4,800
iouh2002 folds
like7 folds
LEADBOOTS raises to 14,500
GambitX folds
ponyboy21 folds
MuuaadDib folds
Tyler AAAA folds
Annette_15 raises to 32,000
LEADBOOTS has 15 seconds left to act
LEADBOOTS: omg
LEADBOOTS: im folding KK
LEADBOOTS: sooooooooo SIK
LEADBOOTS has timed out
LEADBOOTS folds
Uncalled bet of 17,500 returned to Annette_15
MuuaadDib: here we go KK vs AA....always.
Annette_15 mucks
Annette_15 wins the pot (33,200)
THE UTE (Observer): Annette, OWNS

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:23:17 AM »

Mug pass.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

Mug pass.

yikes!.....that's all I can say....Yikes!...man i don't like that laydown at all....Yikes! (I have no table knowledge obviously so you might have made the right move...but....yikes!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »

Here was my thinking, Annette is a very good player, usually tight agressive when its full ring and doesnt get out of line too often.

She raises UTG, usually sign of strength, but with the chip lead doesnt have to be superstrong. I re-raise her UTG raise from middle position with still loads of people to act showing huge strength. Back to her and she puts in the 3rd raise, which isnt a massive raise. What hands is she gonna do this with?

QQ/JJ - why put more chips in the pot out of position against the one person who can almost bust you and has showed massive strength in the hand already

AK - Again, why put more chips in out of position and have to play a flop you are likely to miss

The only hand that added up to me was AA and i made the pass. I dont lay down KK lightly preflop, only the 2nd time ive ever done it in a mtt, i was right the first time as i got see, but will never know here.

If she had pushed all in when it got back to her, i would have called

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »

Here was my thinking, Annette is a very good player, usually tight agressive when its full ring and doesnt get out of line too often.

She raises UTG, usually sign of strength, but with the chip lead doesnt have to be superstrong. I re-raise her UTG raise from middle position with still loads of people to act showing huge strength. Back to her and she puts in the 3rd raise, which isnt a massive raise. What hands is she gonna do this with?

QQ/JJ - why put more chips in the pot out of position against the one person who can almost bust you and has showed massive strength in the hand already

AK - Again, why put more chips in out of position and have to play a flop you are likely to miss

The only hand that added up to me was AA and i made the pass. I dont lay down KK lightly preflop, only the 2nd time ive ever done it in a mtt, i was right the first time as i got see, but will never know here.

If she had pushed all in when it got back to her, i would have called

thanks for explaining that PAb...like I said i have no table knowledeg and well, you have been shit hot lately so i wasn't critisising but what a lay down to make. Your explanation makes sense ..though I don't think I could have made the pay down....what a fold..and that's why you get the cash Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

Never consider flat calling the raise here Pab?  You're still in a very comfortable chip position if you call and miss your K, and if you hit then you win a monster pot.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »

Nice to see other players on this site folding KK, did you win it Pab?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 05:43:47 PM »

Never consider flat calling the raise here Pab?  You're still in a very comfortable chip position if you call and miss your K, and if you hit then you win a monster pot.

I Did, but i would find it much harder to fold if the flop come low and she started betting small to milk me

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 06:01:47 PM »

......me thinks good fold Pab. thumbs up
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 06:08:20 PM »

Pab,

she had AA. Awesome fold
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 06:23:46 PM »

Was a GREAT fold in the position he was in,  He was clearly the best player on that table and with plenty of chips still to bully everyone (apart from Annete).

I watched the whole final and was for me a PERFECT display (I certainly learnt alot)

After he folded I said to the table he'd take it out on her heads up...And he sure did.

I might be railing you a bit more in the future mate  thumbs up
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2006, 05:32:06 AM »

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 05:33:25 AM »

That isnt a dig at Pab. Although its a shocking fold. Its a dig at anyone who thinks its a "brilliant pass" cause you have an edge over the field. You will be alright.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2006, 05:57:22 AM »

I purchase most of my crack from morrisons, use the points to put petrol in the car!

I didnt fold because i thought i had an edge over the field. I said before this was only the 2nd time ive ever folded KK preflop in an mtt and it was because i couldnt see any other hand she was making that play with apart from AA. I may have been wrong, who knows, but the stacks were deep enough and how the hand played out im pretty sure i was no good. I didnt want it to be one of those times when i push all in, she shows me the aces and i think to myslef, knew she had em but had to see em, blah blah blah

I obviously had to make the decision pretty quickly, and full tilt dont have a time bank feature. I didnt post this to gloat for a good pass as i have no idea if thats the case. Jim-D was seating me in the final and asked if i really passed KK. I for one often talk smack in the chatbox about my hands and had no other way to prove it apart from posting the HH.

Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 06:01:38 AM »

The thing you've got to remember is that this is online poker.

The chances of AA being out when you hold KK is much greater.

I think this was a good laydown.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: