blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272827 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 62470 times)
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2006, 04:52:07 AM »

I think as Ariston said there are a lot of people biting their tongues at the moment.

I was 1 who went to the Western/p4c event and a few other events too and I, like many others are waiting for the outcome.

No amount of money is going to make Reece better but I hope we can all pray that he keeps on fighting and will pull through.

So can we maybe turn this thread around for the next 24 hours and wish Reece all the best and let his family know that we all feel for them and hope he will get better soon.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »

I think as Ariston said there are a lot of people biting their tongues at the moment.

I was 1 who went to the Western/p4c event and a few other events too and I, like many others are waiting for the outcome.

No amount of money is going to make Reece better but I hope we can all pray that he keeps on fighting and will pull through.

So can we maybe turn this thread around for the next 24 hours and wish Reece all the best and let his family know that we all feel for them and hope he will get better soon.

Seconded. Reece is not at all well, & it must be just awful for the family.

We wish them all a peaceful, content, and healthy Christmas, & 2007.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2006, 03:51:15 PM »

Re Simon Aces Trumpers post.

Thanks all, not too sure what to say after this thread too. We need to await Tony's meeting. Being over here is a problem as i am a bit cut off. It just shows how warm hearted you all are. We will be so glad when all this is over and the presure of it all subsides so that we can face whatever the doctors decide needs to be done to Reece with clear as minds as possible to give both Stacey and Reece the support they need. Reece is still home with Stacey as she is trained to admin some of the extra antibiotics he requires at the moment but it is because of these infections he keeps getting that a decision had to be made in the new year as to which surgery they will attempt.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank both Red Dog and Mrs Red for their support and Tony for trying to sort this out and meeting Jagster today. Whatever the outcome a very big Thanks.XXXX

the-oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2006, 04:22:38 PM »

I Havent ever posted on this forum and have chosen not to until now. To the people that this money should of been paid to, and i beleive will be going to in the near future, you have my deepest sympathies, no one likes to see children ill and it truely was a worthwhile cause that this money was raised. I am a staunch supporter of P4C so much that we started raising money down in cornwall for the past 6 months, i have attended many of the poker4charity events and i beleive alot of children benefit greatly from this. I know for a fact that both Davey and Ange have been unwell in recent months so perhaps they are guilty of letting things slip a bit. The tone of some of the posts on this forum and others around the Net is very disturbing though, alot of people have been treading on ice with some of the comments they have made, I have personally deleted many messages as a mod on p4c of people accusing davey of what basically ammounts to theft.

Maureen, Stacey and Reece, i am not a spokesperson by any means for poker4charity, but i truely believe this matter will be resolved very soon, and i wish you all well for future.

As for the people on this forum that have vented there fury, i respect some of you opinions and hope you are all satisfied soon.

With regards to the people that have been sending pms to others threatening to give Ange and DAvey the hurt back that this has caused maureen i truely commend you on this act, you really must be proud of yourselves.

If my post offends anyone then im sorry but to send people threatening messages is horrendous.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2006, 04:42:32 PM »

welcome to the site oneeye

for the record, the mods on here were made aware of the existence of threatening messages (but not their content), which of course we abhor

anyone receiving such has two options

a) if they go into their profiles, there's a menu on the left that includes 'Personal Message Options' from where you can add people to an ignore list

b) use the button near the PMs that reports any inapprropriate PMs to administrators in extreme cases only.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the-oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2006, 04:49:19 PM »

Hi there im glad you were made aware. It is nice to finally post and i hope i will be doing under better circumstances in future.

You do seem to have some genuine nice people on here, i have met and have played many of them at past Poker4charity events, and i hope to do in the future.

With regards to the big people that have sent these threatening PMs big up.... your mothers will be proud
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 04:52:05 PM by the-oneeye » Logged
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2006, 04:55:49 PM »

Also I think it is worth adding that ANYONE who is reported to us, and proved to be using the PM service on blonde to send Malicious threats to members would be banned permanantly from the forum.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
the-oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2006, 05:03:17 PM »

Thanks kev karen says hi mate.

Sorry to post like this kev but when my friends are threaten i feel it should be highlighted in this thread.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2006, 05:13:08 PM »

Thanks kev karen says hi mate.

Sorry to post like this kev but when my friends are threaten i feel it should be highlighted in this thread.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Karen ..... Smiley 

With regards to the Threats, we really are pretty powerless to do anything about them unless they are reported to us.

In many cases we encourage people to take any petty arguments to PM's to keep the boards free of such things ... those normally sort themselves out with no problems.  But malicious threats to members or their families will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2006, 06:33:50 PM »

Hi there im glad you were made aware. It is nice to finally post and i hope i will be doing under better circumstances in future.

You do seem to have some genuine nice people on here, i have met and have played many of them at past Poker4charity events, and i hope to do in the future.

With regards to the big people that have sent these threatening PMs big up.... your mothers will be proud
  i  just want to clarify,that being    a" BIG"   21 stone guy, and an
ex-boxer,
that i hope you wasnt implying that I HAD made any THREATENING pms to anybody . as a lot of people on here know that i am "BIG" and people are very aware how very anoyed i am at this situation. ive never made a threat in my life sir.
 please dont take offence to this but i do know how some people might read it,
                     coz i am pretty "BIG" ask around

as to the topic any good news tony ? hope so mate

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2006, 06:45:23 PM »

ex-boxer,
that i hope you wasnt implying that I HAD made any THREATENING pms to anybody . as a lot of people on here know that i am "BIG" and people are very aware how very anoyed i am at this situation. ive never made a threat in my life sir.

i think he meant big is a differnet manner

as in small minded people sitting behind a screen and sending anonamous threats acting like ronnie and reggie

and not as in big in the colchester kiv waistline or the ironside muscluar size way

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2006, 06:50:22 PM »

ex-boxer,

i think he meant big is a differnet manner

as in small minded people sitting behind a screen and sending anonamous threats acting like ronnie and reggie

and not as in big in the colchester kiv waistline or the ironside muscluar size way
thats ok i hope you are right m8

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2006, 09:33:14 PM »

I didnt know you were "big" mate. Only yesterday tikay said to me that I could take you  Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2006, 10:21:28 PM »

I didnt know you were "big" mate. Only yesterday tikay said to me that I could take you  Wink
lmao,ive never lost ,ever,42-0    i coulda been a contender hehe
   take me where ? out for a pint ? i hope it wasnt the other lol you better start warming up, i aint had a row for days.   

(.
                                                        o )
                                                      (.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2006, 12:51:08 AM »

Evening all.

I'll keep this as brief as possible, as I need to be up at 5.30 in the morning to catch the 0700 London train.

As you know, "Jagster", the Chairman of Game4Life/Poker4Charity (I forget which) invited me to meet with him this evening, & we met in Stoke-on-Trent at around 6pm, for a meet that lasted about 3 and a half hours. 

Tom McCready (RED-DOG) came with me, & Jagster (Andy)was accompanied by Tony Banbury, who is a G4L/P4C Trustee. I had met both Andy & Tony prior to this evening once or twice, at P4C fund-raising "dos" which I used to attend.

The entire meeting, after a slightly "cool" start, was good-natured.

We began by establishing the various "names". What you & I know as "Poker 4 Charity" is split up as follows....

Game 4 Life - Registered Charity

Game 4 Life Enterprises Ltd - Trading Company.

Poker 4 Charity - A Fund-Raising arm which feeds donations into the two G4L divisions, if I understood it correctly.

Next, we looked at the ratio of income to donations - how much in th £ raised goes to good causes.

The Accounts for the first year of Trading, for the period ending December 31st, 2005, have been filed in the last 3 or 4 days. The ratio of cash raised to cash donated to good causes was, in the year 2005, approximately 30p in the £1 - so for every £1 raised, approx £0.30 went to good causes, the rest in expenses & administration. Some unexpected costs arose in year 1 to depress this ratio. I believe some £30,000 was Raised, so £10,000 or so went to Good Causes.

Year 2 (to December 31, 2006) is almost complete, & it is expected that the ratio will be largely unchanged, due to unexpected legal & other costs in 2006. So £0.30 in the £1 in 2006 will go to Good Causes, similar to the 2005 ratio I believe.

Now, on to the cash raised for Maureen.

Andy presented me with a cheque from GAME 4 LIFE ENTERPRISES LTD, which we eventually agreed would be made out in my favour, as we do not know Maureen's surname, & we wanted to put a lid on this affair tonight. Once Maureen gives me her surname & home address, tomorrow no doubt, I'll send her a personal cheque from my account in an identical sum to the cheque Andy gave me.

The sum of the cheque is £3,565.50, made up as follows....

Amount raised at The Western, excluding the Spin Palace Donation.                £3,165.50.

LESS £600 paid to Maureen thus far                                         £600.00.

£2,565.50.

PLUS Donation from Spin Palace                                                                 £1,000.00.

CHEQUE VALUE                                                                               £3,565.50

The total Spin Palace Donation (excluding the £500 that went direct to the Business for expenses) was £3,000. It remains a matter still to be decided how much of this was intended for "The Maureen Cause", & how much was intended by Spin Palace to be a Corporate Donation to the Game 4 Life "General Fund". This will be resolved by G4L in due course.

It was always my belief, as stated on this thread several times, that we could, tonight, come away with this cheque, & I am most grateful to Andy & Tony for facilitating this.So, "Plan A" has been achieved, & I'm much pleased.

The intended donation to the Hospital  ("Plan B") will have to stay in abeyance until G4L/P4C have decided what to do with the remaining £2,000 from the Spin Palace donation.

As to the other more general matters raised in this thread, you will need to be a little more patient please. We have secured over £3,500 tonight, plus £600 already paid, so we are on the right road, & much progress has clearly been made in the last 7 days. Acknowledgement must go to G4L/P4C, & the pressure caused by the blonde thread, for this progress. The other matters, we are assured, will ail be addressed in due course.

Finally, a lesson for blonde is that I think we need to impose Guidelines for Charities wishing to use the blonde Forum for fund-raising. We will Post these very shortly, once, in consultation with the blondes, we have agreed what they should be. I will ask Tighty to set up this Consultation process with the blondes. For my part, I shall insist, & this is non-negotiable, on full-transparency. I think this whole matter could have been avoided if greater transparency had been in place.

It remains an awesome thing that the blondes went in force to The Western & donated so much money. Let's now hope young Reece soon gets better.

That's me done for tonight, I gotta be up in 5 hours.

PS - "Thank you" to Tom (Red) for giving up his evening tonight to help sort this.

Please give all those at G4L /P4C a bit of time to address the outstanding issues. It won't happen overnight, & they have worked hard to get as far as we have, so give them a bit of time to get their heads round the remaining issues please.

Thanks are due to Andy & Tony, too, they have, in my opinion, worked hard to resolve these matters.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: