blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:04:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Guidelines for posting on Poker Hand Analysis.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guidelines for posting on Poker Hand Analysis.  (Read 4108 times)
thetank

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2007, 02:34:28 PM »

The moderators have come together and decided to encourage the following guidelines for people posting on the PHA board.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=20524.0

"This board is intended as a learning resource for players of all different levels of experience and ability. To date, you guys have made it a fantastic place with some great civil debates, and patient explanations for beginners.

We want to keep it that way, so in the interests of all blonde members, users are strongly encouraged to refrain from elitist sarcasm and derogatory posting when using the Poker Hand Analysis board.

Any post that discourages others to use this tool is frowned upon, and offenders may be subject to moderation if we feel they have overstepped the line."

Any questions or issues regarding this, feel free to ask or raise them on this thread.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:38:35 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 02:34:38 PM »

If you haven't seen the poker hand analysis board yet, please do check it out.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0

Everyone is welcome there, please do not be afraid to post just because you happen to play low stakes, or you are worried you will be ridiculed.
This is not other poker forums, this is blonde. The underlying ethos is to preserve a nice and friendly, productive atmosphere.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »

i see you are making the most of the power stick they've let you wield Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:40:02 PM »

i wonder who it was that posted sarcastic comments?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh? That really is a mystery!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »

The desicion to do the guidelines, and their wording, was made after consultation between all the mods in our wee secret room.

I'm just the mug they got to post it.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 02:42:49 PM »

i wonder who it was that posted sarcastic comments?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh? That really is a mystery!

That there, is a sarcastic comment in itself. So the answer to your question is you!

If you posted that on PHA, I would probably mod you Wink
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:48:44 PM by thetank » Logged

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 02:43:38 PM »

That there, is a sarcastic comment in itself.

If you posted that on PHA, I would probably mod you Wink

lol you idiot!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 02:46:02 PM »

Sounds furry muff to me.

I'm sure there are many others like myself who really appreciate the responses on the forum.  I've learnt a lot from people's thoughts and opinions.  Sometimes the best ones are when a number of very good players disagree about the correct course of action, which just shows there's more than one way to skin a pot.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »

Roll Eyes

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 03:01:24 PM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »

We can laugh & joke, but the fact remains, many Posters have stopped Posting on PHA, particularly the regular or smaller limit players, because they've been ridiculed. This has to stop, the blonde ethos treats all players, big & small, fairly, but we particularly want & need to help the smaller players get a "leg-up".

We think the PHA is an extemely important part of blonde, but it's what you guy make it, no more, no less.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 03:48:24 PM »

We can laugh & joke, but the fact remains, many Posters have stopped Posting on PHA, particularly the regular or smaller limit players, because they've been ridiculed. This has to stop, the blonde ethos treats all players, big & small, fairly, but we particularly want & need to help the smaller players get a "leg-up".

We think the PHA is an extemely important part of blonde, but it's what you guy make it, no more, no less.

hand analysis forums have always been funny creatures, especially when you have people like flushy that can charge $100++an hour to give lessons willingly giving advice for free... but what people seem to forget is that the quality of responses is almost always directly proportional to the quality of the origional post, and lately a lot of posts go up which go something like this:

"tourney, get JJ, i raise, someone goes allin, do you call and why"..

I am sure you can see why some people get fedup , because essentially someone that has put absolutely zero thought in making their post expects people to put more thought then them in the replies!

What I am tryin to say  is, its ok to complain about regulars getting sarcastic, and it does seem to have gotten out of hand, but it doesn't come out of nowhere, its a reactive process.. and maybe the thrust (at least in my opinion) should be educating people better on how to contribute more to the forum, and what to do to improve their own posting, rather then solely concentrating on a couple of sarcastic comments . There are a lot of good players who are willing to put time in to help players out, but not if the players aren't willing to put the time in to make the better players want to help.

Just my most humble of opinions.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:18 PM »

hand analysis forums have always been funny creatures, especially when you have people like flushy that can charge $100++an hour to give lessons willingly giving advice for free... but what people seem to forget is that the quality of responses is almost always directly proportional to the quality of the origional post, and lately a lot of posts go up which go something like this:

"tourney, get JJ, i raise, someone goes allin, do you call and why"..

I am sure you can see why some people get fedup , because essentially someone that has put absolutely zero thought in making their post expects people to put more thought then them in the replies!

What I am tryin to say  is, its ok to complain about regulars getting sarcastic, and it does seem to have gotten out of hand, but it doesn't come out of nowhere, its a reactive process.. and maybe the thrust (at least in my opinion) should be educating people better on how to contribute more to the forum, and what to do to improve their own posting, rather then solely concentrating on a couple of sarcastic comments . There are a lot of good players who are willing to put time in to help players out, but not if the players aren't willing to put the time in to make the better players want to help.

Just my most humble of opinions.

sponsored by Fyffes
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:36 PM »

One way to deal with that, is to simply not reply to posts and questions there you feel have not been constructed with enough thought.

When the JJ example you gave gets 2 one word replies, and the poster who has gone to the length of describing a situation as far as they can gets 3 pages of constructive debate, it will only encourage people to put a bit a bit more in, if they want a bit more out.

So to an extent, the marketplace should take care of itself in that respect.

If we just leave the JJ alone, someone sitting on the sidelines, who might otherwise start the kind of thread you're looking for, is discouraged from doing so because from the general tone of the place, they think they'll be shot down. I can't see sarcastic interventions solving anything.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 03:58:20 PM by thetank » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: