blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 04:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 163637 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »

I didn't think so.

Shame we UFC can't persuade him to sign.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »

Choi? Smiley
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2008, 04:37:59 PM »

No, Fedor

People say he's the top heavyweight in the world and his record in MMA in the ring his excellent. If we could get him into the UFC cage we could find out for sure. Silva and Rampage excepted, many great pride fighters have stuttered or even outright failed in the cage. Shame Couture v Fedor in the cage is a non-starter.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 01, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »

Silva and Rampage excepted, many great pride fighters have stuttered or even outright failed in the cage

some people say that may be cos the testing is far more stringent in the UFC.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »

As well as keeping my eye on UFC 81 betting to try and get an even money or better bet on Frank Mir to beat Brock Lesnar, I'll also be watching the odds on 'Minatauro' Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira v Tim Silvia in the Interim Heavyweight title.

I expect Minatauro to be a big favourite in the betting because MMA fans LOVE him and HATE Tim.
Nog's the technically better fighter he's only had one fight in the octagon against fellow Pride fighter Heath Herring who himself has only managed 1 win in 3 against TUF1 fighter Brad Imes.

Timmy, however has won 9 from 12 in the octagon, has held the title twice and is well more than capable of an upset here. It's over 5 rounds as it's a title fight and 6'8" of lumbering Timmy might just show Nogueira up. Hoping to get on between 3.5 and 4.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:13:55 PM by AdamM » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »

Keep us posted Adam - that would be a great price for Sylvia.  Still rooting for Lesnar!
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:59 AM »

Keep us posted Adam - that would be a great price for Sylvia.  Still rooting for Lesnar!

I'll personally be rooting AGAINST Lesnar, simply because he has the worst tattoo I have ever seen (the sword up and down his body) and he talks like a girl. Wouldn't say that to his face though!
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »

Calzaghe vs Hopkins 11/12 April in Vegas.

Should be fun.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7172156.stm

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 06, 2008, 09:44:35 AM »

Go Joe
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »

A little tip for UFC80

Jess Liaudin to beat Marcus Davis, currently at 2.1. Liaudin is a Frenchman who's lived and trained in London for a long time. He was on the last two UK cards and won in the first round both times. Davis might be a tougher test than his last two opponents, but I fancy him to win it.

I like BJ Penn in the main event, but at 3.65 Stevenson is getting mighty tempting.

There's no other decent bets on this card.

I said I'd be watching UFC 81 betting. Someone's traded £500 on an even money bet on Sylvia v Nogeuira but that's left both fighters with only short prices. I'll want better than evens before I'll back Sylvia.

Mir v Lesnar, both are still sat at 1.7

UFC 82 I can't see Anderson Silva getting anywhere near evens against Dan Henderson, although I think it's a good even money bet for supporters of either fighter. Long time to go on that one though.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2008, 09:31:33 AM »

Another cracking UFC card on saturday (although a betting disaster for me) I originally thought Penn would beat Stevenson in the main event but I got tempted by slightly bettethan 7/2. Turned out to be a fair price because Penn was dominant. After handing Stevenson a thorough beating in round 1 including a split forehead from an elbow, Penn finished off with a choke. I don't see Sean Sherk offering much resistance in their fight in early summer. I expect Roger Huerta to test him later in the year though.

Werdum's KO of Gonzaga was a belter, as was Gouveia's of Lambert. Heavyweight division has some bangers at the minute.

I didn't expect Jorge Rivera to walk through Kendall Grove like he did.

I also lost a bet on Davis v Llaudin. I still think Llaudin is the better fighter, but you get punched on the caroted artery and you're going to sleep. Highlight reel KO but it wasn't aimed.

All English Paul Taylor v Paul Kelly was a war. Again a badly gashed forehead made is a bloody fight but both fighters were impressive.

Watched the Skelton fight straight after. 
I like the guy but he should have stuck to Martial arts.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »

www.ufcpreview.com have most of the fight videos if anyone missed it
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: January 21, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »

Another cracking UFC card on saturday

have to agree Adam..........thought it was top class

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 21, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »

http://fight.proelite.com/kimbo-slice-vs-tank-abbott.html

I think Lesnar will beat Mir and if he fights for the title on NYE it will be the biggest PPV money spinner ever.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 21, 2008, 01:09:47 PM »

www.ufcpreview.com have most of the fight videos if anyone missed it

they actually have the whole PPV in two parts on their main page. Enjoy.  The card was blasted by some beforehand but some great fights.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: