blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:03:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Monster draw in a multiway pot.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monster draw in a multiway pot.  (Read 2960 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 03:41:01 PM »

Nice one. Flop play is exactly the way to play it (imo)

Now we have got passed that, Matt is right, playing 84 here is pretty optimistic!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »

Nice one. Flop play is exactly the way to play it (imo)

Now we have got passed that, Matt is right, playing 84 here is pretty optimistic!

yep played the flop well.

Now pass that rubbish pre-flop.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »

I've lost count of the number of times i've gone in thinking i'm favourite to win only to walk into 1 player with QQ and another calling with AK hearts and i'm sat on the rail thinking - "why, why, why did i put my tournament life on the line with a poor draw?" Cheesy

I hope you used the good fortune wisely? Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »

Foaming_Homer checks.   cybo bets 860.   need2speed02
          folds.   SirSTEAMSaloT folds.   JohnnyBax folds. 
          BossMenlo folds.   Foaming_Homer raises to 3440.   cybo
          goes all-in for 2295.   Foaming_Homer is returned 1145
          (uncalled).   

A Further question to everyone. The hand history above is how the hand panned out. Say for instance after cybo (the initial UTG raiser) puts in his pot sized bet both need2speed02 and JohnnyBax flat call - do you still shove?

sponsored by Fyffes
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 04:20:54 PM »

(uncalled).   

A Further question to everyone. The hand history above is how the hand panned out. Say for instance after cybo (the initial UTG raiser) puts in his pot sized bet both need2speed02 and JohnnyBax flat call - do you still shove?

Not me but then I REALLY REALLY hate these hands.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »

More interested in those players who said that the check-raise was the way to go originally.

I'd agree with them once the pot was heads up with just the original raiser - but if two other players join the party would they still consider it a viable option?

sponsored by Fyffes
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 05:07:47 PM »

(uncalled).   

Will i get told off if i say yes?

scared
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »

More interested in those players who said that the check-raise was the way to go originally.

I'd agree with them once the pot was heads up with just the original raiser - but if two other players join the party would they still consider it a viable option?

No I'd have passed, the only hands I can see getting involved from the other players here are sets or straights, which would push following the utg bet. The nut flush draw might get involved holding , or , ( might have re-raised), again this hand might well push too. If one person had pushed after, it becomes very difficult but I still pass since I'm either behind to a set, against a straight and drawing to a flush with a 9 for a split, or behind to a bigger flush draw not to mention that utg is still involved.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 07:48:15 PM »

scared

No, i'm just trying to see how many people who said "check raise the flop" would still check raise if there were extra players still in - people said they would check raise without knowing how many people would still be involved at the time.

would they still have checked raised if cybo bets the pot and all 4 other players call? If someone else beats them to it and reraises before the action gets back to them do they pass or play?

When Noflops posted the hand history to start with most people seemed to agree that the check raise yet given that we dont know what action is about to happen after the flop, all i'm doing is continuing the discussion by changing the senario slightly.

More often than not my answers all depend on the situation at the time and who my opponents are, i will always try to vary it where ever possible.

sponsored by Fyffes
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 04:25:51 AM »

scared

No, i'm just trying to see how many people who said "check raise the flop" would still check raise if there were extra players still in - people said they would check raise without knowing how many people would still be involved at the time.

would they still have checked raised if cybo bets the pot and all 4 other players call? If someone else beats them to it and reraises before the action gets back to them do they pass or play?

When Noflops posted the hand history to start with most people seemed to agree that the check raise yet given that we dont know what action is about to happen after the flop, all i'm doing is continuing the discussion by changing the senario slightly.

More often than not my answers all depend on the situation at the time and who my opponents are, i will always try to vary it where ever possible.

Was only joshing with you Wink

I do think however that once a flat callathon starts big hand frequency goes down. Very big made hands cannot afford to keep on calling here as there is no certainty that a check raise is coming.
Early in the tournament when i need chips for gambling with later, i still make the move.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »

I do think however that once a flat callathon starts big hand frequency goes down. Very big made hands cannot afford to keep on calling here as there is no certainty that a check raise is coming.

Ok then - another senario with the same hand, you are need2speed02 and you are sat directly behind the initial raiser. You have called the preflop raise with  and have flopped the nuts.

When cybo sticks in the pot sized bet of 860 you still have 2660 chips back - do you reraise a little, reraise all in or flat call hoping someone else comes over the top?

Early in the tournament when i need chips for gambling with later, i still make the move.

How big a hand do you need to have to make a move like this? in this example depending on how many players are still in the action when it gets back to you, your win percentage may be as little as 5-10%. Yes you need to build your chips at the beginning of a tournament to give yourself a better chance when the blinds go up and the ante's kick in but how much of a risk do you take when your tournament life depends on it?

sponsored by Fyffes
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: