blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC  (Read 70295 times)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2007, 02:27:56 AM »

How do these things work?   Does 6 years mean 6 years, or will that be three years if he behaves in Prison?   Or as his crime is one of the most serious, he will actually get 6 years?      ( Not sure if that makes sense.  My brain is tiring right now )

I think it's half your time if your sentenced to under 5 years 2/3 if over.
Correct - taking into account time on remand he will be in normally for less than 3 years.

he was sent down in a scotish court which means a scottish sentance which could see him on the streets in 2 years
i thought you could spell?

who told you that rbbish i am the only person i know more illerate than you
im leaving i can say what i like to mods and admin fook off hehe.,.,

fuck that where's my table?
you can fook off too lol.,.

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2007, 02:28:41 AM »

I'll miss him though! Sad

Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2007, 02:29:55 AM »

How do these things work?   Does 6 years mean 6 years, or will that be three years if he behaves in Prison?   Or as his crime is one of the most serious, he will actually get 6 years?      ( Not sure if that makes sense.  My brain is tiring right now )

I think it's half your time if your sentenced to under 5 years 2/3 if over.
Correct - taking into account time on remand he will be in normally for less than 3 years.

he was sent down in a scotish court which means a scottish sentance which could see him on the streets in 2 years

WHAT!! Only one third of the time sentenced? that disgusting!!!!!

Hello Everyone, I have only just been informed about this thread, I have read through it and thought I better explain myself, I knew this day would come sooner or later. Please try to bear with me whilst I come to terms with it myself...

As most of you know I was close to Mikky during Sept/Oct 2006. I visited him at his house and believed he was a good friend, and a good person. I noticed he'd been offline for a while at the end of Oct and he called me from prison telling me he'd been accused of HURTING the children, he told me he was drunk and didn't have a story so he didn't know what he'd done. He said the kids had got up one morning and gone straight to their Grans and then she came to pick up his daughter too. Then he was arrested.

He wrote to me a few times and said his Nan was ill, he asked me to tell you, the blonde forum, that he was visiting her in Liverpool. As his friend, I stupidly tried to protect him and only confided in a few close friends about it. I asked for advice and they said that all I could do was wait for the truth to come out and deal with the consequences.

I thought those consequences would be along the lines of "Poppet is a liar"... I never, in my wildest dreams thought that I would ever be accused of covering up for a dirty child abuser. Maybe it's natural to think that of me? But I am telling you all now, I would never ever cover up for anyone, even if I was madly in love with someone. Child abuse is not acceptable, or in any way forgiveable... I know, because I experienced it when I was 5 years old and remember it vividly.

So I can imagine how those poor children feel, and unfortunately, it will probably haunt them forever, which is why I believe Mikky deserves longer inside.

It sickens me to think that I stayed at his house, and even used the computer that had digusting hidden images somewhere on it. I was stupid, foolish and naive...and I wish I had never met the guy.

I am no longer in contact with him, he called me in Feb but I didn't answer, and he wrote to me about 2 weeks ago and I didn't reply. If I ever write to him again it will only be to tell him exactly what I think of him.

If anyone wants any other answers I am happy to give them because I know I didn't hide anything and I will be honest about anything anyone asks me.

I apologise for lying about Mikky being at his Grans, but back then I just saw it as protecting a 'friend'.

Poppet

Poppet,

You are not stupid or foolish, just trusting.....

you get hurt sometimes because of this but its a much better way to live your life than being cold and cynical!!

No need to change Poppet., your cool .I bet there's more of us older buggers that wish we were more like you.

You are also very brave. thank you for posting.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 02:32:04 AM by Delboy » Logged

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2007, 02:31:44 AM »

I thought these things were a lot harsher than that.  It just doesn't seem right that a person can do something like that and possibly be back enjoying life in only 3 years.  Wasn't the Government going to introduce a thing which prevented offenders like this from ever being near Kids?   I know that is almost impossible, but the idea that an offender could move into an area that puts Kids in danger is crazy.  I have no intention of having Kids, so I will never have to worry about my own, but it must be a constant worry for all Parents.  When you don't have Kids, it is never someone you even consider to be honest

I would guess that it will be almost impossible for him to find a job, very difficult to get to see his children, his computer skills (he was a computer somethingorother yeah?) will be out of date, online poker will be much tougher and I'm not even sure if he's that good now and he won't have a bankroll, nobody will want to know him and nobody will want him living near them.

True.  I meant able to start over.   I just assumed it would be tougher than possibly three years.  I may be wrong, but the  current system where an act like this is removed from a persons life history after 6 years is not a good thing. It should be a constant thing on every document they encounter in their daily lives. For example a passport should have a coding that details an incident such as this.  Even a simple lettering such as SO on the inside cover would possibly prevent Children in vulnerable countries being put in danger. There wouldn't be the free movement by the offender after 6 years, if they knew that they were under constant surveillance by  this way. Travel abroad, etc would not be allowed. If however they needed to travel for medical treatment abroad, this would be granted with an agreement with the police of that country that they are to check in each morning, etc or possibly they must wear a tag while being a guest in that country
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2007, 02:31:56 AM »

I'll miss him though! Sad
see how soft you are.,.,.,im a mafia boss who sticks horses heads in bed for fun.,.,.,and you love me.,.,i dunno havent you learnt anything.,.,
 Grin

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2007, 02:32:48 AM »

WHAT!! Only one third of the time sentenced? that disgusting!!!!!

there is no hard and fast rule but its possible

its also possilbe that he could serve all 6 years but that is unlikely

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2007, 02:36:37 AM »

Seriously i bumped the where's mikkyt thread a bit back as i got to wondering about the length of time he was missing, Met him once and okay he was a bit of a knob but this has left me feeling sick all day. As a father i don't want to imagine what i would feel like if it was my child.

Sorry for the ramble too late at night. but poppet i don't think you are liable for anything than being young and naive
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2007, 02:43:17 AM »

OK ive havent logged on for a few days and have just read this thread and I just dont get it?

I know I am going to be shot down from all angles but I would like to put my point of view forward.

I met and spoke to Mikky at the last Blonde Bash and to me he seemed like a nice guy as many others have agreed.

Why has he been given 6yrs?

He has been accused of choking a kid with his feet round his neck...doesnt this sound like playful banter that has been twisted? If he really wanted to harm the kid he would have used his hands.

Slapped on the leg with a wire? Surely "slapped" says that he did not whip the kid with the wire and it was perhaps just a playful "slap"

Even dipping his head in a sinkful of water while he was washing can be seen as playful banter.

13 indecent pics is nothing...if he is a paedophile he would have had hundreds/thousands...im sure many of us have clicked on links not knowing until after what we clicked on.

Stepping on the kids head I agree is nasty but then again could have been accidental in the heat of the moment.

Did he have any previous that anyone was aware of?

Like I said I expect a backlash from my post but I just dont get why he got 6yrs
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2007, 02:47:45 AM »

A man sexually assaulted two young brothers in his care, the High Court in Glasgow has heard

you dont get 6 years for playfull banter and you dont admit guilt in a court if you think it was playful banter you admit guilt to get a lighter sentance

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2007, 02:49:26 AM »

Suzanne, he admitted it all. If it was just playful he would've said so in court.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2007, 02:50:08 AM »

A man sexually assaulted two young brothers in his care, the High Court in Glasgow has heard

you dont get 6 years for playfull banter and you dont admit guilt in a court if you think it was playful banter you admit guilt to get a lighter sentance

He has not admitted to sexual assualt...thats my point
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2007, 02:51:25 AM »

Suzanne, he admitted it all. If it was just playful he would've said so in court.

He admitted sexual assault?
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2007, 02:51:36 AM »

OK ive havent logged on for a few days and have just read this thread and I just dont get it?

I know I am going to be shot down from all angles but I would like to put my point of view forward.

I met and spoke to Mikky at the last Blonde Bash and to me he seemed like a nice guy as many others have agreed.

Why has he been given 6yrs?

He has been accused of choking a kid with his feet round his neck...doesnt this sound like playful banter that has been twisted? If he really wanted to harm the kid he would have used his hands.

Slapped on the leg with a wire? Surely "slapped" says that he did not whip the kid with the wire and it was perhaps just a playful "slap"

Even dipping his head in a sinkful of water while he was washing can be seen as playful banter.

13 indecent pics is nothing...if he is a paedophile he would have had hundreds/thousands...im sure many of us have clicked on links not knowing until after what we clicked on.

Stepping on the kids head I agree is nasty but then again could have been accidental in the heat of the moment.

Did he have any previous that anyone was aware of?

Like I said I expect a backlash from my post but I just dont get why he got 6yrs

He admitted to sexual abuse as well as the assaults you've mentioned Suzanne.

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2007, 02:52:33 AM »

he pleaded guilty to secaul assult in court

bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2007, 02:53:49 AM »

He has not admitted to sexual assualt...thats my point

hi suzanne,how u doing?

u articulated my thoughts too,I just didnt have the nerve to post

i put my thoughts to possibly facts have been left out and indeed he has carried out a deviant act ( sexual nature )

I'd rather not know to be honest...

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: