blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:27:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC  (Read 70303 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2007, 02:02:30 AM »

How do these things work?   Does 6 years mean 6 years, or will that be three years if he behaves in Prison?   Or as his crime is one of the most serious, he will actually get 6 years?      ( Not sure if that makes sense.  My brain is tiring right now )

I think it's half your time if your sentenced to under 5 years 2/3 if over.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2007, 02:04:55 AM »

How do these things work?   Does 6 years mean 6 years, or will that be three years if he behaves in Prison?   Or as his crime is one of the most serious, he will actually get 6 years?      ( Not sure if that makes sense.  My brain is tiring right now )

Correct - taking into account time on remand he will be in normally for less than 3 years.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2007, 02:05:27 AM »

I thought these things were a lot harsher than that.  It just doesn't seem right that a person can do something like that and possibly be back enjoying life in only 3 years.  Wasn't the Government going to introduce a thing which prevented offenders like this from ever being near Kids?   I know that is almost impossible, but the idea that an offender could move into an area that puts Kids in danger is crazy.  I have no intention of having Kids, so I will never have to worry about my own, but it must be a constant worry for all Parents.  When you don't have Kids, it is never someone you even consider to be honest
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2007, 02:06:28 AM »

Hello Everyone, I have only just been informed about this thread, I have read through it and thought I better explain myself, I knew this day would come sooner or later. Please try to bear with me whilst I come to terms with it myself...

As most of you know I was close to Mikky during Sept/Oct 2006. I visited him at his house and believed he was a good friend, and a good person. I noticed he'd been offline for a while at the end of Oct and he called me from prison telling me he'd been accused of HURTING the children, he told me he was drunk and didn't have a story so he didn't know what he'd done. He said the kids had got up one morning and gone straight to their Grans and then she came to pick up his daughter too. Then he was arrested.

He wrote to me a few times and said his Nan was ill, he asked me to tell you, the blonde forum, that he was visiting her in Liverpool. As his friend, I stupidly tried to protect him and only confided in a few close friends about it. I asked for advice and they said that all I could do was wait for the truth to come out and deal with the consequences.

I thought those consequences would be along the lines of "Poppet is a liar"... I never, in my wildest dreams thought that I would ever be accused of covering up for a dirty child abuser. Maybe it's natural to think that of me? But I am telling you all now, I would never ever cover up for anyone, even if I was madly in love with someone. Child abuse is not acceptable, or in any way forgiveable... I know, because I experienced it when I was 5 years old and remember it vividly.

So I can imagine how those poor children feel, and unfortunately, it will probably haunt them forever, which is why I believe Mikky deserves longer inside.

It sickens me to think that I stayed at his house, and even used the computer that had digusting hidden images somewhere on it. I was stupid, foolish and naive...and I wish I had never met the guy.

I am no longer in contact with him, he called me in Feb but I didn't answer, and he wrote to me about 2 weeks ago and I didn't reply. If I ever write to him again it will only be to tell him exactly what I think of him.

If anyone wants any other answers I am happy to give them because I know I didn't hide anything and I will be honest about anything anyone asks me.

I apologise for lying about Mikky being at his Grans, but back then I just saw it as protecting a 'friend'.

Poppet

What an upsetting thread, I didn't doubt you for a minute and thanks for replying.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2007, 02:14:17 AM »

Correct - taking into account time on remand he will be in normally for less than 3 years.

he was sent down in a scotish court which means a scottish sentance which could see him on the streets in 2 years

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2007, 02:16:13 AM »

he was sent down in a scotish court which means a scottish sentance which could see him on the streets in 2 years
i thought you could spell?

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2007, 02:17:39 AM »

I thought these things were a lot harsher than that.  It just doesn't seem right that a person can do something like that and possibly be back enjoying life in only 3 years.  Wasn't the Government going to introduce a thing which prevented offenders like this from ever being near Kids?   I know that is almost impossible, but the idea that an offender could move into an area that puts Kids in danger is crazy.  I have no intention of having Kids, so I will never have to worry about my own, but it must be a constant worry for all Parents.  When you don't have Kids, it is never someone you even consider to be honest

I would guess that it will be almost impossible for him to find a job, very difficult to get to see his children, his computer skills (he was a computer somethingorother yeah?) will be out of date, online poker will be much tougher and I'm not even sure if he's that good now and he won't have a bankroll, nobody will want to know him and nobody will want him living near them.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2007, 02:18:09 AM »

all the best sofa

thought u were leaving

u cant..

'just when u thought u were out,they suck u back in'..mafia style

lol

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2007, 02:19:39 AM »

all the best sofa

thought u were leaving

u cant..

'just when u thought u were out,they suck u back in'..mafia style

lol
lol last day sunday to many mates in the gukpt.,.,and i really felt i should try to cheer the forum up after this shit day.,.,

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2007, 02:20:54 AM »

who told you that rbbish i am the only person i know more illerate than you

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2007, 02:22:08 AM »

im leaving i can say what i like to mods and admin fook off hehe.,.,

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2007, 02:23:48 AM »

Sofa, don't leave!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2007, 02:24:14 AM »

hey we are adults we are used to it

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2007, 02:24:36 AM »

fuck that where's my table?
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2007, 02:25:26 AM »

Sofa, don't leave!

now come on pop

he has made his decision

'the lady aint for turning'

may your god go with you