blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT Grand Final - Monte Carlo: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 13552 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2007, 11:32:31 PM »

phew that was a lot to catch up on!! Great work gang. GL to Andy Black. He was obviously warming up for this game playing the €50 double chance in the Fitz on Tuesday night!! lol

He keeps putting himself in good spots to get a really big score in these events and I hope this itme it comes right for him.

Andy is absolutely dominating his table - with what I can only describe as a fearsome intensity, he raises almost every hand with a kind of routine - grab some 1k chips, cut them in, while throwing a couple more smaller denom ones in for good measure, stare at everyone as they generally pass, and restack the blinds and antes with alarming speed and dexterity.  Then grab some black chips and rotate the top five, followed by the bottom one, top five, bottom one until the dealer is ready to start the whole swift process again.

Just now a young chap in a green hoody (could it have been Andrew Robl?) re-raised his utg preflop raise of 2,400 about another 8k.  Andy called instantly.  They check-checked their way down to the river at lightning speed, and the board stood two spades.  Andy bet as soon as the river was out:  12k.  He was called immediately, and showed a winning .

It looks like his fast-paced, unrelenting aggression inspires quick reactions from his opponents too - not giving themselves time to think about decisions.  He's about as focused as a person is possible to be without setting fire to the baize with the concentration of his stare.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2007, 11:34:02 PM »

Mickey Wernick raises to 16k, Gavin Griffin (pictured) makes it 36k, Mateyboy moves all-in from the big blind for just 20k and Mickey folds.

"I had Nines!" exclaims The Worm as Mateyboy reveals and Gavin .

three clubs two spades board and Mateyboy's a gonna.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 11:51:36 PM »

Jim Kerrigan is OUT.

8-8 vs. A-T on a T-2-7 Flop. Opponent bet 10k, Jim thought his Eights were good and pushed for around 40k, but was quickly called.

---------------

Ernst Hermanns, who finished 3rd in the Vienna EWSOP last year, is on 61.5k today.

Meanwhile, Spaniard Francisco Lopez has been eliminated.

---------------

Noah Boeken is clinging on to grim death, his latest all-in being for around 16k, finally picking up the blinds uncontested when Joe Beevers folded in the big bling, showing a 4 in the process. Noah revealed A-8s and added, "I was hoping you wouldn't have A-9."

Other news, Emille Petit departed earlier today.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:56:36 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2007, 12:11:35 AM »

Noah Boeken is OUT, he moved in after Simon Johasson's raise. Carlos Mortensen dwelled for a while before passing. Back round to Simon who quickly called.

Simon:

Noah:

Board:

Two Clubs three clubs

We are down a dutchman.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2007, 12:13:26 AM »

Mark Teltscher is very very nearly OUT --

He'd made a couple of all in moves with good timing, in between Andy Black and the guy on his left raising (Peter Dalhuijsen is on that table too and there was a bit of chat between him and Mark, "Do you think I'm playing badly?" "On the first day you were playing awesomely - up to 60k and no hand shown."  "But do you think I'm playing badly?")

Anyway, this time there had been a raise under the gun by the guy pictured next to Andy.  Teltscher moved in again.  Passed back round and the guy goes into the tank, eventually calling for his whole stack with .
Mark shows: 
Flop: 
Turn: 
River: 

Mark is obviously annoyed that such a favourable situation went sour, but he took it very well, shaking his victor's hand and accepting his 300 chips change (they were nearly equal stacks) with good humour. "1000 to 1 I make the final?" he offered, or something like that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:18:42 AM by Djinn » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2007, 12:15:58 AM »

Michael Greco has bitten the dust, leaving Richard Ashby as the sole remaining Dusk Till Dawn player.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2007, 12:19:55 AM »

With the clock running down, the top 10 appears to look like this...

Andy Black -- 510k
Josh Arieh -- 349k
Anthony Lellouch -- 330k
Simon Johansson -- 310k
Philip Hilm -- 279k
Christopher Ulsrud -- 278k
Johnny Lodden -- 256k
Steve Jelinek -- 223k
Marc Karam -- 217k
Chad Brown -- 190k

Carlos Mortensen and Eli Marciano not too far behin with 180k and 172k respectively.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2007, 12:31:04 AM »

Caught a few on the way out post bag'n'tag -

Strummer     90k
Ali Masterman  40k
Dean Sanders  160k

88 players return tomorrow for the redraw to 8-handed tables.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: