blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 10:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272976 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1299378 times)
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: June 06, 2010, 10:00:37 AM »

To the “expert” eye, these deluded fools had been conned by Benitez’s cunning and blinded to his failings by the glory of Istanbul and the *criminal incompetence of the American owners.

I have to say Baron, that reading RAWK this week, then this part, put up as outsiders view of the Scousers in that piece, is spot on. It's all the Americans fault, Rafa was the good guy, the whistleblower, on the fans side against those horrible owners. Seems Rafa though is against everyone who stands up to him, Parry was also on his hit list remember.

Yes your owners are  a bad thing, that doesn't make this a bad decision, nor did it make Rafa good for standing up to them.

Put it another way, ask opposition fans if they rather you kept or sacked him, there's very few wouldn't want you to keep him.

IMO, and it's just an opinion, you've all become so blinkered in your hatred of the Yanks, that your enemy's enemy is your friend regardless of his own failings.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 06, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »

Fats, if we were say Chelsea, with deep pockets but with Liverpool's fans and reputation I think sacking Rafa would be absolutely the right move. No question.

But to replace him with someone like Hodgson who relegated Blackburn not so long ago is criminal. I think what a lot of Liverpool fans are saying is if we can't replace him with a similar ilk of manager then why replace him at all.

I guess one step on from that fans have also accepted that when he was backed the club was moving back towards being very successful.

Now if opposition fans, who don't watch every LFC game and still harp on about Zonal Marking, think Rafa is shit, that's really not going to be a deciding factor in whether we thought he did a good job. No offence, but I feel like I'm more informed than them.

I'm very very glad Rafa fought the fans corner. If he hadn't we have Jurgen Klinsmann as manager right now.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 06, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »

Quique Sanchez Flores ftw. With Pako back as no 2. Pls pls pls!
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 06, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »

Now if opposition fans, who don't watch every LFC game and still harp on about Zonal Marking, think Rafa is shit, that's really not going to be a deciding factor in whether we thought he did a good job. No offence, but I feel like I'm more informed than them.

Yup, fair points Baron, echoes there of all the opposition fans who tried to tell Bolton fans they were wrong to want rid of Megson, who despite apparently being such a good manager, is still out of work 6 months later.

I think you're maybe wrong about Hodgson like, but I understand where you're coming from with your points.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1234 on: June 06, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »

pls no

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 07, 2010, 12:47:11 AM »

Rafa just fuck off now plz.

Got back from holiday to this news.

As for future managers id love lippi after the wc, but dont know if he'd want a job in england. If not then anyone who makes sure we never have a stat of '0 shots on target'.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 09, 2010, 12:09:19 AM »

The persisting rumour on pretyt much all of the internet is that one of the two offers the Mirror claim Hicks has turned down recently is a £600m offer from the ruler of the UAE who is even richer than his half brother at Man City. Hicks amazingly wants £800m becuase he knows what the bidder is worth.

One time please be true that he wants us.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1237 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:27 AM »

That Reade piece is spot on.  Sums up Rafa's reign and the situation perfectly.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 09, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »

I know Moratti said publically he wouldn't approach Benitez as he was at a club, but do you think he would have?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 09, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »

I know Moratti said publically he wouldn't approach Benitez as he was at a club, but do you think he would have?

Erm Yeah!
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 09, 2010, 12:13:16 PM »

Erm Yeah!

Great, gg £10mil! Cheesy

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1241 on: June 09, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »

King Kenny now odds on to take the job.  Got a great record as a manager - but hasn't managed for a decade.

Good decision?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 09, 2010, 12:16:47 PM »

King Kenny now odds on to take the job.  Got a great record as a manager - but hasn't managed for a decade.

Good decision?

Just took 9/2 on Kenny after getting a shout, fk knows if its true though.  Certainly more likely he'll be the next caretaker manger rather than permanent I guess.

YES!

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 09, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »

Gerrard more likely to go than to stay on Betfair market, thoughts?

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 09, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/liverpool-specials/next-permanent-manager

Looks like Roy is clear favourite.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: