blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1296040 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4740 on: December 22, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »

Let's see what evidence the 'independent' thought was so compelling first yeah?

Why the ''s?

Do you doubt the inedependence of the Independent Regulatory Commission? If so, on what grounds?

How were they chosen? Is Denis Smith really objective in a case that involves a player who plays for his very good friend Alex Ferguson?

Again, we don't know what evidence was made available or how the charges have been substantiated. Until then it's all conjecture.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: December 22, 2011, 09:46:10 AM »

Do LFC fans not think their world famous club is setting a dangerous precedent here? Their players/manager are not waiting for the report to hear the documented conclusions of the FA before dismissing it's contents. I don't know how the kick racism out of football campaign is ever going to succeed if clubs right at the top of the game reject decisions before those decisions have been properly explained. If JT is found guilty by the CPS will it be appropriate for Chelsea players/manager to say CPS are wrong and just carry on?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: December 22, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »

Why the ''s?

Do you doubt the inedependence of the Independent Regulatory Commission? If so, on what grounds?

How were they chosen? Is Denis Smith really objective in a case that involves a player who plays for his very good friend Alex Ferguson?

Again, we don't know what evidence was made available or how the charges have been substantiated. Until then it's all conjecture.

orly?

please don't quote the autobiography thing - nor the 'he managed Darren Ferguson and made him captain' thing.

and remember this - the guy you're defending was guy who cheated Ghana out of a place in the World Cup and then, when he could have said "It was purely instinctive, it was wrong of me and I'm sorry for the way it happened" actually said "the hand of God now belongs to me", and "I made the save of the tournament"

he's also the guy who sank his teeth into an opponent

and then there's this, which is minor in comparison, but while we're  questioning people's integrity we may as well go the whole distance

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4743 on: December 22, 2011, 12:27:07 PM »

SkyBet are offering 4/7 for Suarez to have his ban reduced

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: December 22, 2011, 12:37:50 PM »

Luis Suarez is our teammate and our friend and as a group of players we are shocked and angered that he has been found guilty by the FA.

We totally support Luis and we want the world to know that. We know he is not racist.

We are a squad of many different nationalities and backgrounds. All of us support the Club's commitment to fighting racism. All of us accept there is no place in the game for any form of discrimination. As a group of players we totally support the Kick it Out Campaign.

We have lived, trained and played with Luis for almost 12 months and we don't recognise the way he has been portrayed. We will continue to support Luis through this difficult period, and as a popular and respected friend of all his teammates, he will not walk alone.

this made me lol. he's not racist, he's got black friends

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: December 22, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »

Liverpool playing the victim card as usual.

Their statement was amateurish, childish and laughable imo.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: December 22, 2011, 01:00:55 PM »

Accepting as fact that an offensive word was usedby Suarez, and accepting that whatever the intent on Suarez' part, it was a racist expression. The FA Statement confirms that the suspension is being applied for breach of FA Rule E3(1) which includes the use of insulting words and specifically the use of racist words

According to many South Americans the word is not racist. It's a reference to heritage no different to "you South American ****". This comes down to which character you believe.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: December 22, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »

Victim is a term applied to us by people not really in the know.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: December 22, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »

Link to these quotes pls?

I can show you many more quotes with regards to the handball which show a completely different dialogue.

Why the ''s?

orly?

please don't quote the autobiography thing - nor the 'he managed Darren Ferguson and made him captain' thing.

and remember this - the guy you're defending was guy who cheated Ghana out of a place in the World Cup and then, when he could have said "It was purely instinctive, it was wrong of me and I'm sorry for the way it happened" actually said "the hand of God now belongs to me", and "I made the save of the tournament"

he's also the guy who sank his teeth into an opponent

and then there's this, which is minor in comparison, but while we're  questioning people's integrity we may as well go the whole distance

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: December 22, 2011, 01:23:25 PM »

Link to these quotes pls?

I can show you many more quotes with regards to the handball which show a completely different dialogue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8785140.stm

If they'd known he was going to become a Liverpool player obviosuly they'd have slanted it differently.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: December 22, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »

Victim is a term applied to us by people not really in the know.

LMAO!  From the Liverpool statement:

"It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November"

Bleat! Bleat! Bleat!  It's NOT FAIR!
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: December 22, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »

I wish people would stop talking about the world cup handball , Is he the first person to ever dare commit such a heinous act on a football field?

Phil Neville - last min of a derby handles on the line..

Steven Taylor-  has handled at least 2 times on the line, once he then feigned injury to try and stay on the pitch...

Paul Scholes - Cant remem who it was against but he definitely saw red for handling on the line....

These are 3 examples I can think of of the top of my head, just because Gyan missed the pen people  cry about it,had he tucked it away Suarez handling would be just a very vague memory.

May I also add I can honestly say that at the time the handball went down in the world cup , I enjoyed it, the drama of the whole thing , I wasn't sat there crying saying how has this cheating happened , its happened many many times before.,Liverpool had no link to Suarez at that stage.

For David, which is worse IYO , Handling on the line + Biting an opponent  V shagging your Brothers wife behind his back for years.

Character assassinate elsewhere IMO.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: December 22, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »

For David, which is worse IYO , Handling on the line + Biting an opponent  V shagging your Brothers wife behind his back for years.

the comments afterwards were the reason for mentioning the handball.

obviously the biting>>>shagging bro's wife>>>>handballl

As for character assassination - check back and see where that started

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4753 on: December 22, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »

Garden of Eden?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: December 22, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »

Really? I would prefer to be friendly with somone who bit someone in the heat of the moment during a melee, than someone who must have slipped nob first into his bro's wife for many years....
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: