blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 627 628 [629] 630 631 632 633 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1279938 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #9420 on: October 22, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »

Balotelli seems a hell of a scapegoat for the rest of the time and the manager at present
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: October 22, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »

Balotelli seems a hell of a scapegoat for the rest of the time and the manager at present

He never puts a shift in.  In an average champions league team you can't have 1 guy who just doesn't fancy sticking it in at this level.  Will be amazed if he is still there after January.  Swopping his shirt at htime is a piss take as well.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: October 22, 2014, 09:32:18 PM »

He never puts a shift in.  In an average champions league team you can't have 1 guy who just doesn't fancy sticking it in at this level.  Will be amazed if he is still there after January.  Swopping his shirt at htime is a piss take as well.

Rodgers knew this when he signed him.

Why buy a player then moan about him when he is doing exactly what he's done everywhere else he has been.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: October 22, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »

Why buy a player then moan about him when he is doing exactly what he's done everywhere else he has been.

Panic buy.  They had to buy someone to replace the biter when he left.   I totally agree with what you say.  He is running to form at Liverpool like he has everywhere else.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9424 on: October 22, 2014, 10:08:31 PM »

He never puts a shift in.  In an average champions league team you can't have 1 guy who just doesn't fancy sticking it in at this level.  Will be amazed if he is still there after January.  Swopping his shirt at htime is a piss take as well.

Rodgers simply didn't want him.

Hopefully that means he's dropped for the weekend, and for the foreseeable future.  He simply isn't right for Liverpool (not sure who he's right for).  I'd sincerely hoped that he'd realise this was his last chance to show his potential and deliver where he's failed to do so in the past.  But he let me down on that score.

I don't want to see him in a Liverpool shirt again.  I don't mind him not scoring (I loved Crouch and supported him solidly, even though it took him 17 games to score his first goal for the club), but I do mind him not trying, his moping, his selfish play on the pitch, etc.  Don't mind his off-field antics, as long as he delivers where it counts.  He doesn't.

As for tonight, thought Liverpool played well for 20 minutes, then Ronaldo scored a world-class goal.  The next two were very preventable, and they killed the game off.  It was like watching a Championship side face a PL side in the cup (but not MK Dons v United, obviously).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: October 22, 2014, 11:06:45 PM »

I think people are jumping the gun a little bit.
Pool are missing Suarez, that's obvious. But they are also missing Sturridge and that's huge. I think buying Balotelli was a mistake but an understandable one.
He was available for £16m and he is very naturally talented and Pool had a massive hole to fill. Unfortunately it looks like maybe he just doesn't have the mental strength to ever be a consistently top class player. But you'll just have to give him a chance. The season has only just started and if he gets games in his preferred position as a support striker in a front 2 and it still doesn't work, then you can think about getting rid.
You're struggling in the Champs League but you'd have to have expected that in your 1st season back. You can still qualify from the group. The league form has been patchy but you're ahead of your 2 real rivals for the 3rd/4th spot.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: October 22, 2014, 11:13:53 PM »

Pool are missing Suarez, that's obvious. But they are also missing Sturridge and that's huge. I think buying Balotelli was a mistake but an understandable one.
He was available for £16m and he is very naturally talented and Pool had a massive hole to fill. Unfortunately it looks like maybe he just doesn't have the mental strength to ever be a consistently top class player. But you'll just have to give him a chance. The season has only just started and if he gets games in his preferred position as a support striker in a front 2 and it still doesn't work, then you can think about getting rid.
You're struggling in the Champs League but you'd have to have expected that in your 1st season back. You can still qualify from the group. The league form has been patchy but you're ahead of your 2 real rivals for the 3rd/4th spot.

Missing suarez and sturridge are both massive misses but the thing everyone forgets is Gerrard is so far past his best it's frightening.  You could even add Johnson to this list.  They are effectively missing 3 of their best players from 2 seasons ago.  On top of that have the total joker Mario to just make it 10 v 11 for many parts of the game effort wise.  On top of this the scousers have to play twice a week most weeks this season compared to once every week last season.  Going to be a long season chasing 4th spot.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:23:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: October 22, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »

Missing suarez and sturridge are both massive misses but the thing everyone forgets is Gerrard is so far past his best it's frightening.  They are effectively missing 3 of their best players from 2 seasons ago.  On top of that have the total joker Mario to just make it 10 v 11 for many parts of the game effort wise.  On top of this the scousers have to play twice a week most weeks this season compared to once every week last season.  Going to be a long season chasing 4th spot.

I agree with all that.
I also don't think they'll get 4th spot but it'll be close. I also think that not having Balotelli at all would be better as I think Lambert would give you more but there are bright spots.
Henderson is really progressing well. Where was Sterling 2 years ago? Sterling 2 years ago wasn't the player he is now. Can and Markovic might turn out to be decent, we'll have to see.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: October 22, 2014, 11:23:16 PM »

Remy was turned down for half what Liverpool paid for Mario.

He's lightning fast, skilful and got a decent footballing brain.

Might not work as hard as Suarez, but a much more similar player to him than Mario is.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: October 22, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »

Arb are you clearing up on this you pretty much predicted how this would go afterthe world cup.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9430 on: October 22, 2014, 11:47:19 PM »

Missing suarez and sturridge are both massive misses but the thing everyone forgets is Gerrard is so far past his best it's frightening.  They are effectively missing 3 of their best players from 2 seasons ago.  On top of that have the total joker Mario to just make it 10 v 11 for many parts of the game effort wise.  On top of this the scousers have to play twice a week most weeks this season compared to once every week last season.  Going to be a long season chasing 4th spot.

I agree with all that.
I also don't think they'll get 4th spot but it'll be close. I also think that not having Balotelli at all would be better as I think Lambert would give you more but there are bright spots.
Henderson is really progressing well. Where was Sterling 2 years ago? Sterling 2 years ago wasn't the player he is now. Can and Markovic might turn out to be decent, we'll have to see.

Two years ago, Sterling was 17 years old.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: October 22, 2014, 11:49:23 PM »

Arb are you clearing up on this you pretty much predicted how this would go afterthe world cup.

It's hardly rocket science though is it. I can't remember what i said after the world cup.  I have several largish positions opposing the scousers in the top 4 in different ways ante post but nothing major.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:01:33 AM by arbboy » Logged
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: October 22, 2014, 11:55:49 PM »

I agree with all that.

Gerrard now reminds me of Ray Lewis in his last season at Baltimore.

All the other players having work extra hard to cover for the inabilities of the superstar on the team.

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: October 22, 2014, 11:57:27 PM »

I agree with all that.

Yeah I know, I meant to say Sturridge wasn't the player he is now, 2 years ago. And regarding Arbboys point that that are down 3 players from 2 years ago, I was saying that Sterling wasn't there either 2 years ago.

Might not work as hard as Suarez, but a much more similar player to him than Mario is.

They were going to sign Remy but he failed a medical.
Also isn't Remy a little too similar to Sturridge? I think Balotelli is a better footballing style fit to play with Sturridge, although as I said, I'm not a fan of his.
This is a problem I think United have with Falcao and RVP. They both like to take up the same positions which was very evident in the game against Everton.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: October 23, 2014, 12:05:16 AM »

I agree with all that.

Yeah I know, I meant to say Sturridge wasn't the player he is now, 2 years ago. And regarding Arbboys point that that are down 3 players from 2 years ago, I was saying that Sterling wasn't there either 2 years ago.

They were going to sign Remy but he failed a medical.
Also isn't Remy a little too similar to Sturridge? I think Balotelli is a better footballing style fit to play with Sturridge, although as I said, I'm not a fan of his.
This is a problem I think United have with Falcao and RVP. They both like to take up the same positions which was very evident in the game against Everton.

Sure i agree Sterling balances it up somewhat but i feel he is in danger of being overhyped too soon relative to what he has produced on the pitch over a decent sample.  ie he is hardly a straight swap replacement for Gerrard 2 years ago consistency wise.  He might turn out to be but that is still unknown.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 627 628 [629] 630 631 632 633 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: