blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:43:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 715 716 [717] 718 719 720 721 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1268460 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10740 on: March 02, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »

i left it a few days and have some thoughts myself having watched them in person on monday but

The list of teams that have beaten Liverpool in the league this season is weird - Burnley, Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull and Leicester...

what is going on in these games? why the unexpected losses to (clearlyinferior) opposition?

I wasn't surprised by the loss Monday, for the same reason I thought we beat Spurs. We are terrible at breaking down teams who put 10 men behind the ball, and seem to put a hell of a lot of high balls into the box, when we are terrible in the air, which shows how much we miss a proper striker/target main in these types of games.

We do well against the top 6 as they come to play and leave the space at the back, which is where we are the most threatening.

Klopp looks very limited tactically to me, does not have a plan B, which gets exposed time and again. Defence and keeper are awful. Lucas too slow for CB, but Matip is also a problem there as he never tracks the runner, often marks space rather than players.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: March 02, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »

Sorry, I'm just not buying Klopp is tactically limited. In certain games it might look like it but that applies to every manager.

20 games against Big 6 clubs since his arrival at Anfield against teams managed by  a posse of top managers - Mourhino, Conte, Pellegrini, LVG, Poch, Wenger, Hiddink, Guardiola and beaten just 1 solitary time. And that with a squad valued 6th and a wage bill 5th.
An incredible record and impossible to achieve without high level tactical accumen.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: March 02, 2017, 10:06:15 PM »

Well he's as tactically limited as Rodgers
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: March 02, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »

Sorry, I'm just not buying Klopp is tactically limited. In certain games it might look like it but that applies to every manager.

20 games against Big 6 clubs since his arrival at Anfield against teams managed by  a posse of top managers - Mourhino, Conte, Pellegrini, LVG, Poch, Wenger, Hiddink, Guardiola and beaten just 1 solitary time. And that with a squad valued 6th and a wage bill 5th.
An incredible record and impossible to achieve without high level tactical accumen.

With that record he should have won the league. Clearly lacking tactical acumen when it comes to the teams who are happy to set up for a point.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: March 03, 2017, 01:11:23 AM »

With that record he should have won the league. Clearly lacking tactical acumen when it comes to the teams who are happy to set up for a point.

His record in the league this season against the Big 6 is W4 L0  which is the best so far. However there is no "should" about the team with the best Big 6 record winning the league. You need a good record but not the best. Last time a team with the best record against the Big 6 and also going on to win the league was  United in 2012/2013.

Liverpool  were sitting pretty with 43 points from 19 games and that projected over a full season is winners pace in many seasons. The 2 big failures in the 1st half of the season were Burnley and Bournemouth where in performance terms they should have won both games. They didn't and that's normal football variance or randomness  which can be for a variety of reasons of which tactical set up is just a part. Was there any criticism of Klopp's tactical acumen at the half way point just 2 months ago at the end of December? Is it not too simplistic and knee jerk now to use tactical naivety as the reason for the dramatic drop off in results since January?

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: March 03, 2017, 07:26:50 AM »

There were pretty significant complaints about inconsistency last season, scroll back a few pages for various mentions. That has moved on from inconsistency to a probable cause of lack of tactical flexibility now which seems more appropriate.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: March 04, 2017, 10:32:30 AM »

for comment

an interesting read

'The inconvenient truth is that world class players no longer want to play for Liverpool"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/03/inconvenient-truth-liverpool-world-class-players-no-longer-want/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: March 04, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »

for comment

an interesting read

'The inconvenient truth is that world class players no longer want to play for Liverpool"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/03/inconvenient-truth-liverpool-world-class-players-no-longer-want/

But think of their 'istry.

Best Bitter.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10748 on: March 22, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »

Up there with Shanks, a true legend.

R.I.P Bugsy.

Click to see full-size image.

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: March 22, 2017, 10:39:09 PM »

Up there with Shanks, a true legend.

R.I.P Bugsy.

Click to see full-size image.

Sad day lost a true club legend today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: April 04, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »

Mane out for the season with a knee

a big blow?

iirc january was a struggle when he was at the afcon?

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10751 on: April 04, 2017, 06:43:18 PM »

Huge blow , so much more of an attacking threat when he is playing.

Still ,gives Origi the chance to prove he can lead the line.

Martin Luther King Jr
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: April 04, 2017, 09:51:21 PM »

Mane out for the season with a knee

a big blow?

iirc january was a struggle when he was at the afcon?

Certainly a blow, but not as bad as Jan as only have league games to play and we still have Coutinho, who finally looks somewhere near his best again post injury
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: April 26, 2017, 03:04:14 PM »

Liverpool are prepared to break their transfer record for Virgil van Dijk, according to Wednesday's papers http://bbc.in/1QqNGBp

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: April 26, 2017, 07:53:28 PM »

Liverpool are prepared to break their transfer record for Virgil van Dijk, according to Wednesday's papers http://bbc.in/1QqNGBp

wheras in the southampton media les reed was quoted as saying he is keeping all key players this window as there is no need to sell as they have them all on long term contracts
and the players values are not going to drop because of short term contracts
with the new tv money they can improve the squad without the need to bring in transfer income

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 715 716 [717] 718 719 720 721 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: