blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 1182 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333215 times)
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #17655 on: February 17, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »

I fitted car glass for fifteen years and they are vents!

OK, but can we still call them quarter-lights?

No!!
Was this period 1960-1975 ? Technically a quartelight that opens is a vent. One that doesnt is a quarterlight to the rest of the world.

A vent can be fixed or opening, as can a quarter light. If it's in the door it's a vent and if it's in the body it's a quarter light. Simple.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #17656 on: February 17, 2010, 09:40:13 PM »

No!!
Was this period 1960-1975 ? Technically a quartelight that opens is a vent. One that doesnt is a quarterlight to the rest of the world.

A vent can be fixed or opening, as can a quarter light. If it's in the door it's a vent and if it's in the body it's a quarter light. Simple.
You make a good case, but im not buying it  Wink

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17657 on: February 17, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »

Anyone know the last time Tikay put up a general post that didnt include a negative moan?

Stop making this thread depressing plz old man!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #17658 on: February 17, 2010, 09:58:14 PM »

No!!

lol.

The first advert after the Arsenal game was for this, a car with a vent and a quarter light.

Click to see full-size image.

The quarter light is the rectangular glass in the rear panel, the vent is the triangular glass in the rear door.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17659 on: February 17, 2010, 11:13:07 PM »

Oh, another thing. I got Knighted today.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6133783/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17660 on: February 17, 2010, 11:21:49 PM »

Excellent.

The older I get, the better I was.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17661 on: February 17, 2010, 11:26:05 PM »

<<< x 1018 byron's vids

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17662 on: February 17, 2010, 11:28:12 PM »

didn't have you down as a Republican grandad

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17663 on: February 17, 2010, 11:46:50 PM »

pls can you do that dance in real life

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17664 on: February 17, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »

Car # 4 - Hillman Avenger, Reg GUC 945J.

My first ever new car, & my first ever company car, I was to have company cars for the next 30 years or so. "All paid" for - insurance, tax, fuel, the car, everything, what a perk it was in those days.

I was working for three guys in Walthamstow, & myself & another guy both got our new "company" Avengers the same day, identically coloured, (metallic gold) GUC 945J & GUC 946J. But mine was an "L", & his was a "GL", & I was wounded by his superiority (though he was), as demonstrated by an oh-so-visible card badge. Cars are potent status symbols, & signs of my life-long inferiority complex were developing nicely.

I can barely recall a thing about the car itself, except it's total plastic-ness inside, it was truly dreadful, & after the fine-crafted earlier cars, here was a modern mass-produced piece of plastic with not a shred of soul or character.

I used to traverse the North Circular from one end to the other daily, though, & head up North a fair bit, too. It was utterly reliable, to be fair.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17665 on: February 17, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »

No!!

lol.

The first advert after the Arsenal game was for this, a car with a vent and a quarter light.

Click to see full-size image.

The quarter light is the rectangular glass in the rear panel, the vent is the triangular glass in the rear door.

I think regular folk call that "the rear window".

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17666 on: February 18, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »

Can we have approximate dates with the car stories please?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17667 on: February 18, 2010, 12:10:14 AM »

Ugh.

OK, from here on in I will try, but they will all be approximate.

The Ford Popular I'm sure about - 1964. I think I had it 2 years or more. (I had 5 or 6 motorbikes before that).

The Morris Minor & the Hillman Miinx would be 66-68 or thereabouts, certainly it spanned '66. I was working in Wembley Park at the time, & the World Cup was on - the one we won! - & I had a much-prized "Resident" Permit, which I'd purchased off an old lady for £3.

The Hillman Avenger, well, I don't know the date, but it was brand-new & the Reg Plate - GUC 945J should identify the year.*

* EDIT - google informs me that a "J" plate was 1969. And so simple maths informs us that I got my 4th car 41 years ago, good grief. It never had quarter lights though, but it had a back window.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:15:34 AM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17668 on: February 18, 2010, 12:15:14 AM »

Ugh.

The Ford Popular I'm sure about - 1964. I think I had it 2 years or more. (I had 5 or 6 motorbikes before that).

The Morris Minor & the Hillman Miinx would be 66-68 or thereabouts, certainly it spanned '66. I was working in Wembley Park at the time, & the World Cup was on - the one we won! - & I had a much-prized "Resident" Permit, which I'd purchased off an old lady for £3.

The Hillman Avenger, well, I don't know the date, but it was brand-new & the Reg Plate - GUC 945J should identify the year.*

* EDIT - google informs me that a "J" plate was 1969. And my maths informs me that I got my 4th car 41 years ago, good grief.

google is wrong for once. J is late 70 early 71.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17669 on: February 18, 2010, 12:18:31 AM »

Ugh.

* EDIT - google informs me that a "J" plate was 1969. And my maths informs me that I got my 4th car 41 years ago, good grief.

google is wrong for once. J is late 70 early 71.

Well this must be wrong then.

http://www.vrm-group.co.uk/car_plate_registration_years.htm

Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 1182 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: