blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:52:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 1190 1191 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6401796 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17790 on: February 23, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »

Someone once said: “If you blame others for your failures, do you then credit them with your success?”

My favourite subject at the mo Tom is machismo, I am surrounded by it from friends attitudes and work. My feeling is that machismo in poker players in general is terrible, would you say thats a fair appraisal?

All I know is, if it can't be fixed by duct tape or WD-40, it's a female problem.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17791 on: February 23, 2010, 05:58:22 PM »

I'm sorry, but sex addition sounds like a load of tosh to me.  Like Mantis said, he didn't have a problem with it until he was caught. 

it's not a 'load of tosh' it's a real issue for some people.

What is a 'load of tosh', and I think what you and Mantis are saying, is people jumping on the bandwagon and claiming they have a sex addiction, when really they just can't (won't) keep it in their pants.

I meant the excuse that people like Tiger Woods and Michael Douglas and whoever else come out with.  They can't keep it in their trousers, there's no 'sex addiction' problem.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
popdog/elsadog

View Profile
« Reply #17792 on: February 23, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »

Someone once said: “If you blame others for your failures, do you then credit them with your success?”

My favourite subject at the mo Tom is machismo, I am surrounded by it from friends attitudes and work. My feeling is that machismo in poker players in general is terrible, would you say thats a fair appraisal?

All I know is, if it can't be fixed by duct tape or WD-40, it's a female problem.

LOL..... you forgot the hammer
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #17793 on: February 23, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »

LOL..... you forgot the hammer

Nope.  The hammer deffo belongs to us females.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17794 on: February 23, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »

Tony, have you heard of a 'staycation'

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17795 on: February 23, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »

Tony, have you heard of a 'staycation'

Err, no!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17796 on: February 23, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

My wife and I are having a staycation this week. its a vacation but you stay at home but plan out trips and events and do things you dont get to do very often.

Yesterday we took a walk in the country, watched a film. Today we took the kids on a trip to the local pond and fed the ducks before eating out and then taking a trip to sheffield to see a few places I havent been to for a long time.

the idea is you get the relaxation and enjoyment benefits of a holiday without having to go anywhere.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17797 on: February 23, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »

My wife and I are having a staycation this week. its a vacation but you stay at home but plan out trips and events and do things you dont get to do very often.

Yesterday we took a walk in the country, watched a film. Today we took the kids on a trip to the local pond and fed the ducks before eating out and then taking a trip to sheffield to see a few places I havent been to for a long time.

the idea is you get the relaxation and enjoyment benefits of a holiday without having to go anywhere.

Call me an old fuddy duddy but i preferred it when you just called it the weekend.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17798 on: February 23, 2010, 07:39:28 PM »

Call me an old fuddy duddy but i preferred it when you just called it the weekend.

;o), ours is gonna last a week tho, like a holiday.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #17799 on: February 23, 2010, 07:43:07 PM »

Sex addiction = an insatiable need for affection, reassurance, low self esteem - all compensatory stuff imo, so I imagine it does exist

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17800 on: February 23, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »

I took Mrs Red to Sheffield to do some nostalgia stuff recently. First stop Darnall Chippy. (If you haven't been, you haven't lived)

The older I get, the better I was.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: February 23, 2010, 07:48:55 PM »

He chose to stand up and defend himself didn't he - I haven't heard of anyone making him talk publicly about it as fas as I know. That was his choice, probably do save his commercial contracts as well as his moral one with his wife.

Not true, he would have to make public statements etc before returning to golf as they didn't want a million reporters asking a billion questions that he could answer of the course.

Pretty sure that's the reason he made his statements at the PGA and not anywhere else, he is a golfer, he wants to golf. He has never made himself out to be anything else.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: February 23, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »

I took Mrs Red to Sheffield to do some nostalgia stuff recently. First stop Darnall Chippy. (If you haven't been, you haven't lived)

too right Tim, my midlife paunch was born and nurtured at an early stage by Darnall chippie. I did about 18 moinths in the Hills shop there when I was about 19.

I tried to have a drink in the Sicey, but that is no longer there. The Hunstman on Barnsley Road is now a trendy set of apartments too.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17803 on: February 24, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »

Desert Island Discs this week featured Sir Clive Woodward, & it was a stunner. I never realised what sort of man he was until I heard the Show, & it's now easier to see how England won the RU World Cup. His 8 music tracks included one by Eminem, surprisingly.

Sir Clive lives by the mantra "better never stops", & was full of praise for MJ, though less so for others. He's brutaly honest, but not in the least bit rude, which is an awkward line to tread, & few can.

I liked him immensely.

You can still catch the Show on i-player or podcast.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17804 on: February 24, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »

I wiki'd Desert Island Discs, (DID), the Show is an institution.

It's run, pretty much in it's original format, since 1942 - that's 68 years if you don't have one of those incredible i-phone apps to work these things out.

They have not added any bells or whistles, metaphorically or literally, there are no stupid buzzing sounds or jingles, just short questions, good answers, puctuated by music of the subject's choice. The current host is Kirsty Young, who I've never heard of, but she's "just right" for it. Plomley was far & away the best host the Show ever had, of course, & Michael Parkinson the worst by a country mile, as he seemed to think he was the subject every week.

It only became available on i-Player quite recently, due tio copyright issues, as Roy Plomley's estate hold the rights. A fee of £5k per annum was paid to his Estate as recently as 1996.

Later, a deal was cut so that it could go on i-player, & even later (last November) it went on podcast too, though the timing was bad, as the subject for the first podcast was the dreadfully banal & uninteresting Morrisey.

Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 1185 1186 [1187] 1188 1189 1190 1191 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: