blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 04:41:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 1441 1442 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6382635 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21555 on: March 06, 2011, 02:23:12 PM »

The latter of those will be a real stonker. It may be partly due to that bit of nonsense in Cannes late last year, I guess.

What was the Cannes nonsense?

I believe an Updater & a player were colluding, the Updater stood behind somene else who lifted his cards & the Updater could see them, & he was giving body language messages to his mate. Or somesuch.

There was a thread on blonde about it, everyone got quite excited about it, but I'd not know how to find it. Even money that one of the hardcore poker types finds it in seconds.

Either that, or we will have to wait for Andrew. (Last seen lying down somewhere)

Even Clever Clogs Andrew, aka Dr Marbles, was beaten this time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21556 on: March 06, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »

Tom /Tikay

with that power monkey you will need a micro usb connector to fit the HTC Desire. I believe it comes already in the pack if not you can buy the attachment for £4. And if you dont order tk the pink version Red you need to be shot

Sigh, what's the betting he does, too? No sweat, I have a snood to match.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21557 on: March 06, 2011, 02:34:14 PM »

The WSOP media Guidelines......

http://www.wsop.com/2011/2011-WSOP-Media-Guidelines.pdf

Rules 21 & 26 are a bit of a bugger. Jeez. This is getting to be a problem.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21558 on: March 06, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »

Sitll on the WSOP, Sky Poker have got their licence from Harrahs, enabling us to buy players in direct, & display the WSOP "Chip" Logo, etc. I think we were the first European organization to get one. The main one for us is that we have an official licence permitting us to run Online Satellites, & we are up & running, with 4 qualified already.

It;s still a legal minefield, though, & with BSKYB being so legally pedantic & compliant in such matters, it's quite awkward.

There are clashing Rules, Harrahs & non-Harrahs. As I understand it, UK regulations mean we cannot actively "promote" Overseas Gaming, aka Poker Tourneys, aka the WSOP Main Event. So the VLV wording is a shade acrobatic. Win a nice Holiday in Vegas, sort of thing.

The odd thing is that, Sky apart, I don't think any Online Rooms give a monkeys toss about the rules, & being domiciled offshore, don't need to, either.

What a mess.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:42:30 PM by tikay » Logged

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #21559 on: March 06, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »

The Crow is a lot of things but a troll he is not. None of his posts offend or a designed to flame a situation/thread.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21560 on: March 06, 2011, 02:57:03 PM »

The Crow is a lot of things but a troll he is not. None of his posts offend or a designed to flame a situation/thread.

That was one of the views put forward, yes. To be fair, the discussion went beyond just blonde.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21561 on: March 06, 2011, 03:01:43 PM »

Groan, Irene is on thread. I'm off for a kip.

Doing the Show tonight, so a late night, Sundays are a pre-record at 7pm, then the Live Show from 9pm until 1am, so quite a session.

Had Thewy on Thursday's Show, which was a bit of a thrill for me. It's lovely when work & pleasure collide.

He's not terribly comfy in front of a TV Camera - most are not - but he opened up when we got away from Hand Analysis into anecdotal stuff. Asked to reveal a personal fact about me, he claimed nobody on earth snores louder. Marv.

He's agreed to attend next weekend's SPT at Luton, Friday and Saturday, so I'm absolutely delighted about that, & the Regulars will be chuffed to bits. Off-camera he's a zillion times better. 

All good.

This 'photo is from way back. Not sure, but it may have been taken in Vienna, some 4 or 5 years back, when they, Jen, snoops, & me all roomed together in an apartment in Vienna. Wonderful week it was, Brian Wilson was there, too, pre bad times. Tom convinced Matt that Brian used to be in the Beach Boys. I very much miss seeing Matt. Snoops spent an hour in the shower each morning.

I played a 36 hour cash session, & was up €6k at one stage. I finished about €8k down. Groan. I was carrying €20k in €500 denom notes to buy 2 players into the following week's Monte Carlo EPT Grand Final for Sporting Odds, for whom I was then retained, & just kept pulling up "1 more" €500 note. I ended up having to borrow a few bob from someone to buy the guys in, forget who now. Jeez, I've done some daft things in my time.

I travelled straight to Monte Carlo from Vienna, where Sporting Odds had booked me a room at The Hermitage. "Do you mind going to Monte Carlo for a few days, we'll book you a room at the Hermitage" they said. If I must, I said.....

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:12:38 PM by tikay » Logged

TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #21562 on: March 06, 2011, 03:06:49 PM »

I'm not on thread, I'm on my iPhone wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Happy scooby snooze dear xx

TKP FOR APAT!!!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21563 on: March 06, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »

This is just an observation of course, but with respect Mr Mouse, you can't know if any of his posts offend, or what they are designed to do.

The older I get, the better I was.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21564 on: March 06, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »

SPT next weekend? I forgot about that and have a seat, doubt I will make it so can I transfer it?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21565 on: March 06, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »

SPT next weekend? I forgot about that and have a seat, doubt I will make it so can I transfer it?

Hmm, that's a tad awkward, Mr E.

Can you ring me tomorrow, please? I'm sure an accommodation can be found. Are you available for the Leeds leg of the SPT?

Truth is, we are way over-sold, & Tighty is really struggling to find seats for everyone at Luton, so I'm sure we can sort something. Take 4/6 I get mullered by some troll for "bending the Rules when it suits you" if I sort this. Bring it on.

As of this moment, capacity is 150, & Tighty has allocated about 162 seats. Well, "we" allocated them, & told Tighty to think laterally. God bless Tighty, he's a legend.

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21566 on: March 06, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »

Hmm, that's a tad awkward, Mr E.

Can you ring me tomorrow, please? I'm sure an accommodation can be found. Are you available for the Leeds leg of the SPT?

Truth is, we are way over-sold, & Tighty is really struggling to find seats for everyone at Luton, so I'm sure we can sort something. Take 4/6 I get mullered by some troll for "bending the Rules when it suits you" if I sort this. Bring it on.

As of this moment, capacity is 150, & Tighty has allocated about 162 seats. Well, "we" allocated them, & told Tighty to think laterally. God bless Tighty, he's a legend.

Ok ty will do, not sure about what we are doing that far ahead but not a biggie if nothing can be done, shouldn't really have tried to win one if I wasn't 100% to go.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #21567 on: March 06, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »

The WSOP Media Accreditation Rules are a minefield, & get more difficult by the year.

Another new rule involves talking to players at the table.  There will be a zero tolerance policy in effect this year.  While you will be free to talk to players during breaks, conversations are strictly prohibited whenplayers are seated at a poker table. Please note, this prohibition will be strictly enforced regardless of whether a player is in a hand or not. This rule includes any manner of verbal or non-verbal communications with any player competing in any event.[/i]

Will this mean that if an updater doesn't know the name of a player in a hand they won't be allowed to just ask them?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #21568 on: March 06, 2011, 04:13:59 PM »

The WSOP Media Accreditation Rules are a minefield, & get more difficult by the year.

Another new rule involves talking to players at the table.  There will be a zero tolerance policy in effect this year.  While you will be free to talk to players during breaks, conversations are strictly prohibited whenplayers are seated at a poker table. Please note, this prohibition will be strictly enforced regardless of whether a player is in a hand or not. This rule includes any manner of verbal or non-verbal communications with any player competing in any event.[/i]

Will this mean that if an updater doesn't know the name of a player in a hand they won't be allowed to just ask them?

GG updates on anybody bar Stars/Tilt/other pros if this is the case.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #21569 on: March 06, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »

on an ipad the battery will last 10 hours+ on wifi

Really? Hype, or known fact? I'm really surprised if true.

They are so big & pretentious to take to a Poker Table, though, don't you think? I'd feel a bit of a cock, I think. To match my looks.

I asked a friend and did a bit of googling.

At the WSOPE Dan Shak had one at the table all the time, with some kind of headset plugged in and I think he looked like a prize cock with it to be brutally honest.

Thing is he was working at the table, how else is he supposed to work?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 1441 1442 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: