blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272927 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 1597 1598 [1599] 1600 1601 1602 1603 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6387948 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23970 on: November 24, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »

FP completely blew me away last night. I swear even our dawgs were wincing at the wolf/bison scene. I also wondered if they draw lots at to who would have to shoot the polar bear with cubs from close range.

I have no idea how the wolf survived, he was trampled on several times, & seemed to be well bloodied. Wonder if he did survive, or whether he eventually succumbed to his injuries? Seemed to me both were just driven by instinct.

It was so gripping to watch, but nature is so brutal at times.

pretty sure that was bison blood from where they'd been ripping into its leg

disappointed in the bison pack, they could've just come back and saved the littlun

Yes, guess so. Amazed at the pounding the wolf's (or is it "wolves"?) ribs took when the bison was tossing him around like a rag doll. He must have been injured, I'm sure.

In a previous episode, was it a big ugly bison that accidentaly ploughed into a sweet baby bison & knocked it over, causing it's death from a wolf pack?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23971 on: November 24, 2011, 02:25:49 PM »

reminded me of a matador being caught by a bull when it tossed the wolf up

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #23972 on: November 24, 2011, 03:49:20 PM »

In a previous episode, was it a big ugly bison that accidentaly ploughed into a sweet baby bison & knocked it over, causing it's death from a wolf pack?

yes it was.

the interesting, and unanswered by FP thus far, question is whether that was intended behaviour. I guess they just don't know because they described it as 'new behaviour' -- interesting to think whether the larger bull was sacrificing the other 'for the greater good', or perhaps just bringing a quick death?
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #23973 on: November 24, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »

Yes, guess so. Amazed at the pounding the wolf's (or is it "wolves"?) ribs took when the bison was tossing him around like a rag doll. He must have been injured, I'm sure.

Wolf! It's still only one wolf, with ribs belonging to that wolf. I thought u were a stickler for da english n that? Disappointed in u teeks. PS Bergkamp was better, but agree that asking Bergkamp or Zola is about as worthwhile as asking chicken or roast beef
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23974 on: November 24, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »

Wolf! It's still only one wolf, with ribs belonging to that wolf. I thought u were a stickler for da english n that? Disappointed in u teeks. PS Bergkamp was better, but agree that asking Bergkamp or Zola is about as worthwhile as asking chicken or roast beef

Being corrected by a Geordie. It does not get worse, sigh. You should have trained as a Journo. Oh, wait......

You are, of course, quite right.

Don't forget to Sky Plus Jacko tonight......

Bergkamp & Zola? Precisely. However, we've agreed to blame Mondy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23975 on: November 24, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »

yes it was.

the interesting, and unanswered by FP thus far, question is whether that was intended behaviour. I guess they just don't know because they described it as 'new behaviour' -- interesting to think whether the larger bull was sacrificing the other 'for the greater good', or perhaps just bringing a quick death?

this was the same episode but the 'making of' bit at the end

I've just watched it back a few times and to me it looks as though the big guy is just running along and doesn't see the littlun until they're about half a bison length apart at which point he instinctively butts whatever it is that's in his way as it was too late to avoid it. they did mention when they didn't notice the cameraman that they've got pretty bad eyesight

could easily have been an intentional attack though, I guess it'd need to be observed happening in a few other situations for anyone to be sure

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23976 on: November 24, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »

can i have the addy to email questions to again pls gramps, got a good one.

Also, if you could pick one person (not Red Dog) in poker who you'd be a big dog to lose an argument to, who would it be? I don't think I could beat the lord sir jeffery of kimber

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23977 on: November 24, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »

He's never lost an argument to me, and I defy him to say otherwise.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23978 on: November 24, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »

can i have the addy to email questions to again pls gramps, got a good one.

Also, if you could pick one person (not Red Dog) in poker who you'd be a big dog to lose an argument to, who would it be? I don't think I could beat the lord sir jeffery of kimber

skyopen@bskyb.com

Be nice about me though, eh? You can if you try hard. Very hard.

The argument bet? I'd lose to pretty much anyone, as I cba to argue. Except Tom, of course, who is always wrong.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #23979 on: November 24, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »

Aren't most conversations fairly facile in that people trade opinions on a range of subjects where there is usually no single correct answer. Imagine a world without this.

" I like meat more than veg"

" I think veg is better than meat"

"Good point, you're right"

Its perfectly reasonable to take a view that Bergkamp is a better footballer than Zola in the same way as one can take a view that Zola is better than Vinni Calenti.

sola virtus nobilitat
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #23980 on: November 24, 2011, 08:05:42 PM »

Aren't most conversations fairly facile in that people trade opinions on a range of subjects where there is usually no single correct answer. Imagine a world without this.

" I like meat more than veg"

" I think veg is better than meat"

"Good point, you're right"

Its perfectly reasonable to take a view that Bergkamp is a better footballer than Zola in the same way as one can take a view that Zola is better than Vinni Calenti.

not at eating his not

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #23981 on: November 25, 2011, 04:26:32 AM »

FFS Jeff Roast beef obv.
Ingi

I <3 my babies!

View Profile
« Reply #23982 on: November 25, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »

hmm..  #mypleasuretoreadall1599pages

Your cat (Angell), is she still with you? (from 1st page) 

Ingi

I <3 plenoboy
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23983 on: November 25, 2011, 11:29:32 AM »

Careful Tone! ^^^ Seems like a bit of a flibbertigibbet to me.

The older I get, the better I was.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #23984 on: November 25, 2011, 12:45:26 PM »

FFS Jeff Roast beef obv.

no chicken is better.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 1597 1598 [1599] 1600 1601 1602 1603 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: